1. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

X-Men Schism

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by MilesTro, Mar 26, 2013.

I finished reading this X-Men graphic novel I rented from a library, and I didn't like how Marvel changed Wolverine. Basically what happen is a group of crazy rich kids created a giant robot to attack utopia after they killed the Hell Club for money. While the robot approach Utopia, Cyclops order the kids to defend the island because they are the last line of defense. Wolverine disagrees with him. He thinks it will be better if the kids escape from the island so they can live another day. Cyclops believes Utopia is the only safe place for mutants. Then they got into a pissy fight while the robot attacks the island. However, the mutant kids use all their powers to take down the robot, which I think is awesome. A few days later, Wolverine decides to leave Utopia to continue the Xavier school for the kids who came with him, while Cyclops decide to train the remaining kids how to fight and defend themselves. I understand why Wolverine cares about the kids, but when you have to fight, you have to fight. Marvel turned him into a girl. That really sucks. But I like the battle between Wolverine and Cyclops, and the kids defeating the giant robot. Any mutant can destroy a machine.

Anyway, what do you think of this graphic novel?

Plus which side would you choose, Cyclops or Wolverine.

If you choose Cyclops, you will become a soldier. If you choose Wolverine, you will become a student at a school.

I lost faith with Wolverine in this new series. So I whether stick with Cyclops's side since the human race now hates mutants. Plus he has Magneto, Storm, and Atlantis on his side. Wolverine only has Beast, Shadow Cat, and Collossus.