1. gaileywaley

gaileywaley New Member

Short Story Contest

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by gaileywaley, Nov 17, 2013.

I don't know why I didn't see a newsletter for October, but I missed the notice for the short story contest on Narcissism. That would have been a contest I'd have been interested in entering. Having been raised by a Narcissistic Mother and also had many relationships with men of one personality disorder or another, most of them Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I could probably have come up with an interesting short story on the subject.

Oh well, maybe next time.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. idle

idle Active Member

It wasn't mentioned in the October newsletter, the previous contest was. It doesn't make much sense to rely on a monthly newsletter anyway when the contests are run bi-weekly. Just go and peek in the section from time to time.

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi @gaileywaley. Welcome to the forum. You can keep an eye on the short story contest through the forum. Often a short story will fit more than one theme so you might be able to enter that story at some point in the future after all.

I'm trying to have a new theme every two weeks. Submissions for the current contest theme, hunger, ends in a couple hours and a two week window for voting opens. Also this afternoon, I'll announce a new theme and submissions will be open for another two weeks. The theme was chosen by the last contest winner.

You can check on the theme by going to the contest sub-forum every two weeks.

:)

4. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Ideally you'd hear about it in the monthly newsletter, but it could be missed due to a time period gap between the contest and newsletter, or I could very easily overlook it and exclude it by mistake.

If you don't want to miss future contests, I'd recommend subscribing to the short story contest forum - that'll notify you each time there's a new contest, a vote, or a winner announced.

I also try to include notifications of the bi-weekly contests in the @WFORG Twitter feed, but they slip through a lot.