1. ClusterChuck

ClusterChuck New Member

Coast to Coast AM

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ClusterChuck, Feb 12, 2012.

I'm a security guard with an overnight patrol so i get paid to drive around a six block chunk of downtown and listen to the radio until 6 in the morning. This is made better by the fact that i might have found the fountain of youth of writer's block cures.

Coast to Coast AM is a syndicated live radio show that covers topics from shadow people, ghosts, chemtrails, 9/11 conspiracies, aliens, ancient aliens, extra deminsional beings, god, psychic phenomenons, demons, alternative paleantology... you get the picture. Each night there is usually one or two guests on to present thier area of expertise and take questions from callers. George Noory is the very affable host, and apparently it's been on for like thirty years.

No matter what is being covered, by the time i get home my juices are flowing in such an unbelievably cognative way. I bang out 2000 words by eight AM, pass out, wake up, do some light editing, eat, rinse, repeat...

I have never been so productive in terms of sheer output.

So, does anyone else here know of this late night gem?

And what are some of your cerebral generators?

2. Wayne Kernochan

Wayne Kernochan New Member

My wife listened to it, but we don't get it at a decent hour any more, so she misses it

3. Mark_Archibald

Mark_Archibald Active Member

Cloak and dagger shows have been around since the dawn of talk radio. If you write fiction they are fun to listen too because some of the people they have on actually believe what they're talking about. That Obama is an alien, or that the wars are supposed to distract you from secret government projects. You can listen to similar shows on youtube.

What inspires me? I read the newspaper every morning and I write everyday, sometimes great story ideas are right under your nose.

4. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

I don't listen to it often, but always make sure to catch the New Year's predictions shows and Ghost to Ghost. It's still fun, but not the same without Art.

5. ClusterChuck

ClusterChuck New Member

Art had a way with the mic. You can still catch his reruns in 'Art Bell Somewhere in Time' segments on Sundays. I like Noory because no matter who is saying what he always gives them the utmost respect and the benefit of the doubt.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i used to enjoy it back when its founder, art bell held court... i gave up when he gave it up...