1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. staceylouise

staceylouise Active Member

simultaneously?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by staceylouise, Feb 1, 2014.

I was just wondering whether many of you write simultaneous pieces of work? I've got 2 pieces which I feel I work on whichever mood I'm in as to which piece I am actually able to write.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Yup. I have two that go from front to back burner depending on my mood and one that's wrapped in tinfoil in the fridge. I'll get to it one day. ;)

3. Robert_S

Robert_S Contributing Member

My scripted story is a trilogy. I'm working 90% of the time on script one, outline occasionally on script two and think about ideas of script three.

4. staceylouise

Haha! I feel better then :) I kind of drift from one piece to another

5. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

I have three or four things going at once, generally.

6. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

I can beat all of you: I have my Creative Writing degree pieces to sort out whenever a new one comes around, I have a third draft to finish, three first drafts to finish, a novel currently in the planning stages, a ten-minute radio drama to write, a short horror story, and poetry whenever I feel in the right mood. The good thing is that I actually finish projects, so it doesn't matter how many I have. :) You're definitely not alone!

7. staceylouise

Wow Thomas kitchen!!!! You do have a lot to do!!!! Don't think I could keep up. Hey. You mention about a piece of radio drama,-can i ask how you get into that and about publishing and the rest? I don't know a thing about that. I often have to suffer 'the archers ' on my dad's radio - no I don't mean I don't like it, just the opening and ending music drives me insane!!!! Every single day!!!! But I hear dramas and when I'm led down trying to take a nap but can't doze off they are really good. Maybe you can private message me :)

8. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

I don't work multiple pieces but I do have quite a few just waiting for me to get back to.
    I just get excited about a new idea or with something I want to try and drop my current focus for the new one.
    Then I flop back and forth between the others as I finish up or get excited again.

Generally, 2-5 pieces.

9. peachalulu

peachalulu Contributing Member Reviewer Contributor

Definitely do.
    Right now I'm working on two novels and two short stories. I've got a half dozen, half finished stories and still I find myself writing little flash pieces. Everything's whirling around in my mind like a kaleidoscope.

10. Glacial

Glacial Member

I had one of those in the fridge too. I opened up and it crawled right out the door on me. Had to give the fridge a good scrub down. I decided to let it go though. Not really working on anything at the moment though.

11. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

I have several projects on the go: a novel I'm working on the second draft of, a screenplay I'm rewriting as a novel, a series of science-fiction novelettes, and a science-fiction novella that will probably turn into another series. In addition to that, I have ideas for two other novels, one a modern urban fantasy, and the other a kind of science-historical adventure.

My plate is pretty full. I like it that way. :)

12. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

One novel W.I.P, a short story collection in need of some editing and polishing, and I'm in the research stages of another novel. I bounce about between them depending on mood, where I am, and so forth.

13. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i've always been working on many different projects at the same time... which is why i'm able to help a dozen or so mentees at any given time, while taking care of a client or two and working my own things in between it all... the ease with which i can do this may have something to do with the fact that i survived having/raising 7 kids, 2 bad marriages and 2 bad to worse divorces, so had to be a multi-tasker for much of my life... ;)

14. SuperVenom

SuperVenom Contributing Member

I write one but plan\flesh out others ready so i have a head start.

15. SuperVenom

I write one but plan\flesh out others ready so i have a head start.

16. SuperVenom

Sorry typing on phone and double posted. And cant delete. Doah!