1. jnk1296

jnk1296 Member

Site not working?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by jnk1296, Feb 23, 2012.

I'm not sure if this is where i would post this topic, and if it isn't, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Hey, I haven't been on the site lately, so I'm not too up to date on if anything is going on, but recently nearly every time I try to access the site, my browser says that it can't access it's server.

This doesn't happen on any other site, so it rules out my internet. That said, I'm curious to see if anyone else might be having this problem. It's very annoying.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i use the msn explorer browser on my hotmail inbox page and it's been fine for me, today, though we have been experiencing some probs for a while...

are you logged in?... if not, that could be the reason you're having trouble...

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

It was a bit wibbly when I first came online this morning, so it's entirely possible that was what you meant. It seems to be alright now, though *touch wood*

4. jnk1296

jnk1296 Member

What I mean was that my browser was unable to connect to the forum's servers, and it basically gave me the same message it would if i weren't connected to the internet. I never got the chance to log on.

Ironically, though, since posting about this problem, i haven't experienced it, and the site has worked fine, so I don't know what to think anymore. *Mimes Banzai and touches wood also*

5. Newfable

Newfable New Member

I'm actually posting this from my iPod! Same kind of thing with me; I can log on just fine, but then the site redirects me to the main page, and I'm still not logged in. Not really sure what's going on there (and it may just be the terminal I'm using).

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Make sure your URLs begin with [NOPARSE]"http://www/writingforums.org/"[/NOPARSE]. There are other base URLs that will get you here by site redirection, but your cookies may not work correctly. Cookies are necessary to your logged in status.