1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Sleep!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Jan 5, 2008.

For as long as I can remember I've had sleeping troubles. More so after becoming a mother.

I just find that I can't sleep and I don't feel tired at night at all. Then when it is time to wake up I am dog tired. Just can't shake the habit though......

So who else here has sleeping problems?

What are your sleeping patterns like even if you don't have sleep problems?

I get around 30 minutes to 10 hours sleep a night. Though I average about 2-4 hours a night, sometimes less.

2. lessa

lessa New Member

I have always had sleeping problems.
    I used to read at night in bed. My father would go to bed about 2am and turn out my light. 5 min. later he was snoring and my book would be back out and I would read until it was time to go to school.
    When I worked at the nursing home I usually had the late afternoon shift or the midnight shift and would sleep for a couple of hours during the day.
    After I became a mother I never slept through the night until Dom was 3. The boys always woke up at some point (and never together) for a drink.
    I developed chronic fatigue where you are tired all the time but sleep doesn't help. So now it is a case of sleep when I can.
    For the past 2 days I have slept about 24 hours. went to bed Thurs at 7 slept until 5 got don off to work went back to bed woke at 10am had a shower got dressed and slept on the couch until he got home at 4. Made supper went back to bed at 7pm and slept most of the night until 8am this morning.
    This is sort of normal. I will go for a month of 5 hours everynight then wham no sleep then 2 days of non stop sleeping.
    sure wish I was normal in sleeping anyway.

3. Raven

Raven Banned

I suffer with Insomnia and always have since my early days im told i would fight sleep for a long time making life hell on the ears. Now I just sleep for two hours unless im truly done for then I will have 4 - 5 hours never much more.

4. CharlieTheUnicorn13

CharlieTheUnicorn13 New Member

Somewhere in this universe... Is there some reason
    Sometimes I just can't sleep. I lay in bed awake for HOURS not getting bored, and not getting any sleep. Then I force myself to sleep, and I wake up at 6 am feeling okay. About ten minutes after I make it to school, I want to take a nap on my desk.

And then sometimes I climb into bed and fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillow. Last night I think I got about five hours, but that's my fault for staying up till 4. :p

5. Torana

See i can't get into bed till I am ready to drop. I have to be mentally and physically exhausted before I can sleep. More so mentally exhausted.

My mind is like a time bomb waiting to go off all the time. Never seems to stop at all. I think that is my main problem really.

6. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Apparently my sleeping patterns are genetic, meaning my father used to sleep for sometimes only 3 or 4 hours one night, and a few nights later would sleep between 12 and 15 hours. I usually sleep around 5 or 6 hours on work nights, and 9 to 11 on weekends / off days. Thankfully, because I'm usually insanely tired, I can sleep no problem, although occasionally things won't work out too well and I'll lay there for what seems eternity.

7. Neidermeyer

Neidermeyer Active Member

I guess I must be the anomaly. lol. I usually sleep between 6-8 hours a night, and 90% of the time can fall asleep within 5-10 minutes of laying down. I occasionally have the long night when I'm all hopped out on caffeine. Sometimes I will sleep for 10 hours or so if I did a lot the day before, but ultimately I sleep all about the same throughout the year.

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I go bed when I'm tired.
    Which depends. Sometimes I go to bed the next day and stay up all night. Its cause I don't realize its night time.
    Other times if my mother tells me to go to bed and I go to bed real late like 12 midnight I wake up at 6 in the morning sometimes 5 in the morning.
    But if I go to bed early 9 in the night I get up at 8 sometimes 10 in the morning.
    Its weird.
    I go to bed late wake up early.
    Go to bed early wake up late.
    Don't fall asleep at all just roll around in the bed.
    Or stay up all the night and then go to bed in the morning.

9. CharlieTheUnicorn13

CharlieTheUnicorn13 New Member

Somewhere in this universe... Is there some reason
    I've noticed that the later I go to bed, the weirder my dreams are. Am I the only one this happens to? :p

10. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I always have weird dreams.
    So it doesn't matter.
    No what I noticed is the more tired I am the less dreams I have.
    When I'm dead beat tired I dream about nothing literally. Black screen like waiting for a movie to come on.

11. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I sleep about 5 or 6 hours a night on average. Often though it changes to 4 or 5 hours a night. I will slowly over a course of weeks continue to wind down getting worse and worse, then I'll finally collapse for a good 12 or 13 hours and be back to normal.
    Sometimes I just don't though. I'll be awake all night or only sleep for 1-3 hours. I'll do that for a few days usually, before falling asleep for 10-13 hours.
    Its good when I am busy because I can keep putting off sleep as long as I'm not at the end of a long period of little sleep.

12. MarcG

MarcG New Member

I usually get about 4-5 hours of sleep a night, even on weekends. If I fall asleep after 1am, though, I'll usually sleep an extra 2-3 hours.

13. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Probably roughly six or seven hours a night. Because my alarm goes off at around seven. So I get woken up! ><

14. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Currently my biological clock is and I quote my Mother '****ed'

lol.

Basically near every night I go to bed at 3-4 in the morning and don't wake up 'till two in the afternoon the following day.

However with the strange sleeping hours aside, I sleep alot, I can get up to 12 hours with ease.

15. Torana

I dont normally sleep Sundays until late....if at all :p

16. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I do on the night. I go to bed around 11, for example, but lie away for hours, just tossing and turning. So I get bored and start talking to myself or singing and never end up getting to sleep till about 2. I sleep in till 12 though, when I don't have to go to school. School days mean getting up at 7, which means less sleep. :

17. Odinschild

Odinschild New Member

I have an odd sleep schedule...

When I have duty, I usually sleep 2-4 hours, if at all. Then when I'm off duty I recover all the sleep I lost and sleep 12 or more hours.