Sleepers

Discussion in 'Archive' started by FlakeandFins, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Kefreon acted oblivious to the brothers' presence as they entered. He had lost the moment to strike, and now he had to wait for another moment - without hurting Nikkita.

“The black-bellied plover saw an American eagle on his way from Russia, does the Eagle answer?”

She suddenly whispered, and Kefreon's ears stuck up like a pole. He knew there was something about the birds...he never had heard of the black-bellied plover, but that strengthened his understanding of the code. Nikkita - Vee, whatever - was recognizing him.

"Don't teach me Zoology, plover. The Eagle heard."

He whispered, almost dryly. He was anticipating a response, though he wasn't sure what he was going to get.

"The plover answered, 'You'll understand why I have to steal your eggs, or the mongoose will have it's meal'."

Kefreon heard, and the whisper almost passed him. He didn't understand her. He silently swiveled his head to the other side, waiting for the 'nurse' to fix his wounds. Ismael and his brother were getting impatient anyway.

2. Bick

Bick New Member

She walked from the boy, and went to Ishmael’s side, placing the thermometer in his mouth.

“Keep that under your tongue, two minutes. That’s all we’ll need.” She went back to his side, grabbing a few things from her satchel. An unmarked bottle and a cloth came out quickly. She doused it in the liquid and put the bottle back in. Within seconds she took a seat next to the boy, and bent down to itch her leg.

“Senior Jaun, don’t worry. This shouldn’t take long.” The man opened his mouth to answer, only to receive a bullet through his head. She swiftly moved around, her arms wrapped around his face as she stumbled onto the ground with the struggling boy. He stopped moving after a half a minute and she let the cloth fall from his face. She was quick to put her things together. With Ishmael’s help they moved the boy to her room. She’d have to wait for him to wake up before she could flee. She couldn’t afford to be seen with him like this.

3. Charisma

Place: Cuba
    Time: No idea
    Identity: Anier Fernandez

Kefreon slowly opened his eyes, familiarizing with the surroundings. He was in Cuba, the air told him explicitly; but the room wasn't his. It was a woman's as apparent from the clothes hanging from the door in front of him. The wound in his back was still hurting, perhaps due to the unexpected chloroforming, but he didn't bother. He felt hurt, and perhaps unsure. The way he did when he went to visit his mother's house and returned when his mother didn't recognize him. He wanted to get up on his feet, but it was no use. Jaun was over with, and Ismael had lived. Even if he eliminated Ismael - he doubted the chance to do it after what had happened - it wouldn't save his mind. He blinked and looked towards the dresser, having heard a voice.

"Hello Kefreon, I'm sorry I had to do that. It had to be one or the other though."

It was a German voice, and slowly the shadow moved. Kefreon quickly looked away, and remained quiet for a while. His neck showed his vessels as though he had lost a lot of fat.

"Talk to me, my friend."

Kefreon laughed cynically.

"Well, what're you waiting for? Where's the gun, huh? Why am I living to see this? Why haven't you poked my brains out yet, huh?"

He cried bitterly, still not looking her way.

"I'm not here to kill you. I'm here to save you. If Jaun didn't die, I'd die. If Ishmael would have died, I would have died. What did you want me to do? We're both alive, and we can get out of here. I don't think our payroll will be very happy."

"Right. Our payroll. What you don't see here is, that you've done your job. That is, you can do your job if you just get rid of me. And since you're such a smart assassin, then why not? It's not like I'm loving my life anyway. Another woman given a chance, another knife in my back. It's a normal thing now."

He said coldly, his hands clutching the pillow tightly. Nikkita took a step back, and broke into tears, though not too noisy.

"I...I don't want to kill you."

She mumbled, at which Kefreon laughed and then growled, finally spinning towards her. He gave her stony glare before grabbing his right ankle, and pulling out a needle from his boot.

"I don't need you to."

He said soberly, as he uncoiled the needle. He felt so confused, and he didn't want this feeling to persist. Nikkita ran towards him, and grabbed him, pulling him into a hug. He throat crackled with sobs, as she caressed his back.

"Stop it! Don't do this."

She squeaked, her hands reaching for his needle. Kefreon struggled at first but then let her overwhelm him. He finally pushed her off, hardly holding up the tears in his eyes.

"I just want to go back."

He said softly, his voice cracking.

"We can't." She mumbled, falling to the ground, "But! I can keep you safe."

Kefreon looked away. He felt suicidal all over again.

"I just want to leave."

He said again, this time resentfully. She clasped his shoulders and lifted him to an erect position, saying:
    "I'm taking you someplace safe."

Kefreon didn't reply, and simply looked away from her. He didn't feel like doing anything that very moment. He silently nodded, waiting for a response from Nikkita.

She quickly went to her suitcase and started packing. Kefreon's suitcase was already set, as he observed, and soon he was being ushered out of the room, secretively to the outside. His gaze was lowered, and he tried not to think about home. His steps were all he listened to, ignoring whatever Nikkita said - if she did, that is. It was soon they were aboard a plane - but Kefreon didn't seem to care.

4. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

Place: Las Vegas, Nevada
    Time: 1900
    Codename: Donut

WELCOME TO LAS VEGAS!

Sin City welcomed Donut like it was ushering the return of a prodical son. He'd been here before, maybe too often. The people here knew him too well, knew his MO. He'd have to be extremely cauitious so as to avoid having to run away from the men with FBI written on their backs.

Donut had taken the liberty to call in a favor from an old colleague, he owned a private airstrip on the outskirts of the city. The taxi pulled into the car park of the little airport Donut threw a fifty to the driver and got out. He had a large duffel bag with him containing his equipment. He walked through the deserted car lot and towards reception. There was a young lady there, looked 23, blonde hair blue eyes and a provocative piercing on her right eyebrow. He smiled at her from underneath a new non-scratchy beard. He was pleased about this one.

"Hi, I'm here to see Mr. Bloomberg. My name is John."

"One moment please." she dialled a number and whispered on the phone for what seemed an eternity before ushering him to an office further inside the building. She pointed at a door and left. Donut was amused, after all these years he still had employees fearing him. Donut opened the door and looked at Bloomberg. He was a large man, clearly ex military with his neat crew cut and even neater suit and tie. The wall behind him was decorated by his medals. The two men stared at eachother in silence.

"Long time John." said Bloomberg,

"You know my name isn't John, John!" John Bloomberg smiled then got up from his seat and gave Donut a great bearhug, "Easy mate."

"Can i pour you a drink?"

"This isn't a social visit. I'm here for that favour you owe me." John stopped in his tracks and then continued on his way towards the drinks counter and poured one for himself.

"What do ya need?"

"I need you to fly me over the Bellagio."

"Need i ask why." Donut remained silent. "Very well. When?"

"Now." John spat out the twelve year old scotch he was drinking.

"I cant-"

"Don't tell me you can't! You owe me! Unless you would like me to-"

"NO!" Donut smiled, "I'll do it."

"Let's go." Donut waited for John as he pulled a set of keys from a drawer on his desk. As they walked towards the helipad, Donut couldn't help but calculate the risk involved, if they caught John, he would most certainly be killed even though he knows nothing. A necessary sacrifice. Donut threw his bag into the helicopter and got in next to John.

"I could get into deep **** for this," he shouted.

"I'll take care of it, don't worry." Donut smiled at John who after hearing the reassurance relaxed. Dont worry, you won't live to get into trouble.

5. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

The BBS

"Juan-Carlos is dead," the man told Debbie Sam, not looking at her.
    She stood nervously, desperately trying to hide it. "I-"
    "And Ismael is still alive," he said, cutting her off. "I thought these were competent assassins you hired."
    "I don't know what went wrong, sir," she said, stammering a bit. "I'll-"
    "Ismael must die," the man continued. "Or heads will roll."
    "I'll, see what I can do, sir."

6. Bick

Bick New Member

Place: Cuba
    Time: ?
    Identity: Nikkita Bequem

They boarded the plane, and took their seats in business class. She ordered her coke and rum and looked at her friend hopefully.

“I do have a surprise for you.” She said in a whisper, “It won’t make up completely, but I’m trying.”

"Hmm, let me guess, a clown hired just for me?"

He said sarcastically, sipping on his scotch.

She let out a nervous laugh, and eyed the scotch in his hand. She hadn’t been happy to let him have it in the first place, but she let it slide. Only for now, she had disappointed him and needed to make up for it. She would too, she would. She’d sent the text just minutes before they boarded the plane, he would by now be looking for the cameras, that this time had triple the C4 attached to them. He’d text her when he was getting to the last one.

She turned towards him and looked at him with a smirk.

“Something much better, I promise you.” She gently slid the scotch from his hand, “I’d rather you didn’t drink.”

He scoffed, grabbing the glass again.

"No one's ever stopped me from doing or having any drug or alcohol, and now all of the sudden you warrant the right?"

She snatched it back quickly, handing it to the stewardess as she passed. She looked at him with an arched eyebrow.

“I’m sorry, drugs? You’re obviously in need of training if you think doing drugs and being an A, are related.”

Kefreon looked aaway, rolling his eyes.

"Stop mothering me. No one gave you the right."

“No.” she said, “No one gave you a right be alone all this time without some parental figure. You don’t have to accept me, but you need someone to guide you eventually. I’m willing to help, but I need a littl—“ She paused as her phone shook on her hip. She quickly flipped it open and looked at her message.

“Last Cam” It read.

She looked at Kefreon, “It seems my little surprise is just in time.” She took the remote from her pocket. It looked much like a remote for a television, besides the short antenna on it. She placed it in his hand.

“I’d suggest pressing it now.”

Kefreon sullenly grabbed the remote, barely containing his laugh.

"Okay, so no clowns, we have television circuses?"

He uninterestedly pressed the button, and then looked back at her with a plaintive expression.
    She took the remote from his hand, and sipped from her rum and coke.

“You got your man after all.”

Kefreon raised an eyebrow, his ears twitching.

"As in..."

“You’re a smart boy, remotes work for more then television sets.”

7. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

The BBS

As the standard now, a tape recorder arrives for Ash. She listens to it and a plain, American midwestern voices speaks to her:

Agent, it is time to strike Valkyrie Aeronautics big. We've received inside information on a shipment being prepared in San Francisco, at their bay facility. The shipment is going to Cuba and Tokyo. A package will be arriving for you shortly. In it you'll find money, identification, and a passport. You are Marissa Theodore now. Before this mission begins, you must meet up with Thomas Mahoney. You two will be working together. Your objective(s) are as follows:

The main objective is to eliminate Paul Yerman, the head of the San Francisco facility. Additionally, Yerman is the only one who must die. I repeat, only Yerman dies, no one else.

Your secondary objectives are to contaminate the shipments to Cuba and Tokyo. Render them ineffective.

Good luck agent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the same time, Silpheed also receives a tape recorder.

Agent, it is time to strike Valkyrie Aeronautics big. We've received inside information on a shipment being prepared in San Francisco, at their bay facility. The shipment is going to Cuba and Tokyo. A package will be arriving for you shortly. In it you'll find money, identification, and a passport. You are Thomas Mahoney now. Before this mission begins, you must meet up with Marissa Theodore. You two will be working together. Your objective(s) are as follows:

The main objective is to eliminate Paul Yerman, the head of the San Francisco facility. Additionally, Yerman is the only one who must die. I repeat, only Yerman dies, no one else.

Your secondary objectives are to contaminate the shipments to Cuba and Tokyo. Render them ineffective.

Good luck agent.

8. Charisma

Place: Midair
    Time: ?
    Identity: Kefreon Magma

Kefreon interestedly eyed the remote and then grinned. The flight had just taken off, which was always the most enticing part of any flight, he believed. He gave Nikkita a silent grin and then stopped the waitress once more. Perhaps a cigar won't be a taboo.

"Can I have a cigar?"

The woman looked towards Kefreon skeptically, when Kefreon showed her his license, a little privilege of being an assassin. The woman nodded and started to work her way in the goodies.

"Bad habits kill the good assassin." She muttered, "Have you been properly trained?"

"Mhmm." Krayole said dismissively, barely listening. As soon as the cigar reached him, he felt complete and much better. He lit the cigar and took a desperate swig, his attention still off of Nikkita.

"Right, you were saying?"

"The tides change, don't they?" She snapped, grabbed the cigar from his lips, and breaking it in half, "I won't bother you if you simply listen my friend."

"Hey, now what was that for?"

Krayole asked angrily, the desperation for another breath growing in him.

"I asked you if you ever had any proper training."

"Won't call it proper. A guerrilla organization with merciless techniques kidnaps you as a baby and brainwashes you into serving them - can't say." He paused, eyeing the broken cigar. "You know, I don't think the stewardess will keep giving me cigars for you to break."

She pulled out a cigar from her satchel, handing it to Kefreon. He eyed it warily, seeing it was a rather - rather, expensive one. Cohiba brand, Behike cigar. He had had one once, but didn't want to make a habit of it so didn't feed himself such expensive bits again. He lit the cigar, and pushed it into his mouth. The air was choking, and yet slackened his stress.

9. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

Place: Las Vegas, Nevada
    Time: 1900
    Codename: Donut

As the chopper hovered over Vegas. Donut began unpacking equipment. He pulled out a rope and harnesses, and a black full body assault suit which he quickly slipped into. The suit covered all his vital points while still maintaining a great level of mobility. He pulled the harnesses on and secured them triple checking them before collecting his two beloved pistols. He pulled on a black balaclava and then folded the duffel bag into a small roll which he strapped to his back.

"We're almost there." came the shout from the cockpit. Donut fastened his rope onto the helicopter and then onto his harnesses. He checked the stability and then leaned out the side of the helicopter and saw the Bellagio drawing near.

"John! Meet me at McLaren's in two hours. Okay." John nodded. Donut looked back out at the nighttime view of Vegas, hauntingly beautiful. He waited until they were a certain distance from the hotel and then began his descent in mid flight. John was flabbergasted by the boldness of this faceless man but stayed steady, heading straight over the helipad on the Bellagio rooftop.

Donut descended carefully but realized that John was flying too high. The hotel became a larger and just as the edge passed underneath him the rope ran out and Donut plummeted 20ft landing hard on the concrete roof. He rolled a further 15ft before crashing violently into a concrete slab. He was sure he'd hurt himself but did not loiter. He forced himself up and looked at the retreating helicopter. John didn't stop to check, he just continued to fly and increased altitude. Someone would notice him.

Donut took 2 minutes to gather himself. That was by far the most daring stunt he'd ever tried. When he was composed he looked around and saw tens of air conditioning vents. He pulled out a piece of paper from an inside pocket.

According to his intel Capparzo was in one of the penthouse suites overlooking the fountain. He checked his crudely drawn map and located the vent that would take him to a stairwell near Capparzo's room. When he found the vent he climbed in and crawled until he reached his destination. The vents were dark and cold and when he climbed out he was more than happy. He dropped down into a stairwell, careful not to make too much noise, then proceeded up two floors. There was a door which led into the hallway of Capparzo's suite. He gently opened it with his left hand while leading his path with a pistol in his right. All clear. Donut quickly found the suite and picked the lock. It opened with a quiet click. As before he opened the room silently leading with his pistol. He closed the door and stepped into darkness. The room was pitch black. He looked around and spotted a body hidden behind a sofa.

"What the-" Donut was suddenly assaulted from behind. A small body latched onto him and attempted to wrap a fibre wire around his neck. Donut managed to get his finger between it and stop himself from being killed. He gripped the man's head and flung him over onto a nearby couch. He immediately took cover behind a couch and hid in the darkness. He heard the cocking of a pistol then withdrew both of his.

"Who are you?" asked the man.

"You must be Requiem."

"So you're here to kill me. I'd like to see you try." Donut crawled to the side of the sofa and peeked. He couldn't see a thing, except for a dark shadow crawling along the floor. Just as Donut aimed his weapon the Requiem jumped up and fired at him, the bullets missed by fractions as Donut returned fire. He took cover behind the sofa again and felt the soft thuds as the bullets nestled inside the furniture and the resounding sound of an empty clip. Donut stood up and fired at Requiem's legs which was followed by a dry yelp.
    Donut advanced on the fallen assassin and stripped him of his blade and guns.

"Stop squirming." Donut held down Requiem's body and looked at his face, gun on the side of his left temple, "Im only going to ask you once. Who do you work for? Who sent you?" Requiem smiled, even after Donut had blown a hole through his head. He stood up and undressed from his assault suit and stuffed it in the duffel bag. He left all the bodies there and left a note on Requiem's body,

"Welcome to Las Vegas."

10. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

The BBS

Just as Debbie Sam was about to leave, her cell phone rang.

"Yes?"
    "Ismael is dead," the voice on the other end said. "And half our facility is burning."
    "How?" she asked, now more upset than before.
    "We do not know," the voice continued. "All of the sudden, rooms started to explode."
    Debbie Sam shook her head. "This is a mess."
    "You and your associates better fix this mess," the voice said. "I don't want our deal ruined."
    "You don't have anything to worry about."

Debbie Sam hung up and turned back to the man, who was patiently waiting for some news.

"What is it?"
    "Ismael is dead," she told him. "He was taken out by rogue explosions, we don't know where they originated from."
    The man rubbed his chin. "I can't see Kefreon using explosives to do the job," he said. "Let alone make a mess of the place."
    Debbie Sam nodded. "Who was Valkyrie's operative?"
    "Vee, I think," he said. "I didn't write that contract up."
    "What happens now," Debbie Sam said, taking a seat.
    "Ismael and Juan-Carlos are both dead," the man said, looking out the window. "I'm willing to bet Antonio takes the reigns. He's young, but he has the fire to carry out what we want...I'll work on him."

Longshot turned away from the window and walked towards Debbie Sam. "It's clear Kefreon went rogue for some reason," he said to her. "Perhaps he and Vee have taken up with each other."
    "What will you do?" she asked him.
    "Wait," he said. "Stop payments for both of them, and sit on the situation 'til I carry out the rest of my plan."
    Debbie Sam nodded again and the man continued. "Once Ash and Silpheed finish their job, we'll be on the home stretch."

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Silpheed heard the tape.
    "Thomas Mahoney?" Silpheed said, "I question their test in men."
    Silpheed shrugged his shoulders.
    "I guess it doesn't really matter, but he does sound like an unfit worker and that is just so not me," Silpheed said, "All well."
    Silpheed remember the last of the tape.
    "And it appears I will be working with someone," Silpheed said, "Sneaky bastards, what a way to get me to behave."
    Silpheed smiled and laughed a small little.
    "Well, well, isn't this going be so much fun," Silpheed said.
    Silpheed began to head out with the stuff they had given him. Silpheed had a poisonous smile on his face, like a viper extending its fangs as a warning.

12. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Ash listens to the tape, and then takes another bong hit. "Damn it, I was hoping to get to hang out a little while longer. I don't like the idea of having to work with someone, but hey, I guess its what has to be done. But, Marissa, come on." Once again, she takes another hit, and allows the smoke to fill her lungs.

........I wonder what they are planning. There is obviously a lot more going on here than meets the eye. This is why I like working for politicians instead of these organizations. Atleast with politicians you can do some research on them..........

She opens her mouth and lets the smoke come out. Picking up her cell phone, she uses her speed dial. "Hello, Titus. Meet me in the normal spot."

13. Bick

Bick New Member

Place: Germany
    Time: Afternoon
    Identity: Nikkita Bequem

When they had gotten from the plane, she had made way for her home. She knew she couldn’t be there long, only enough time for her to get what she needed. They had taken the back roads, and gone through the forested area around her home. It had taken them a few hours longer, but there was nothing she could do to prevent that. They finally arrived, walking in with guns held out the entire ride there. They couldn’t take chances after all. After making sure the house was clean, she momentarily left Kefreon to search her thick cellar below, a room no one but herself had ever entered.

When she had come up, slung over her arms were many satchels. She tossed them on the couch in front of her friend and gave him a nod.

“That’s a small portion of the money I’ve made in my lifetime, the rest is in a secure bank. We’ll have to find a way to get to it before they’ve found out what we did.” She bit her lip, “Do you have any money we need to get?”

She started by opening one of the bags, and transferred all of the money to just two bags, evenly weighing them.

Kefreon yawned, stretching his arms.

"Yeah. 'Cept, I'm not sure it's easy to get it out from here, now that you mention it."

“We’ll try either way.” She paused and zipped the bags, tossing the extras onto the floor, “Have you got any other weapons besides those needles?”

"A Desert rifle. It's long, but thin." He said, patting the back of his thighs.

She momentarily disappeared into her basement again, and came up with a few more satchels, and slung them in front of him. She unzipped each one, and opened them so he could see the contents. Each contained various weapons, including explosives and small cameras.

“Some of this is kind of old, but we should probably take it all along… just in case.” She pulled out one of her small cameras, and placed it in his hand, pulling out another remote, “That’s what you did.”

Kefreon seemed to observe the camera carefully before putting it on a shelf, seemingly a little confused.

"Umm...thanks."

He noticed a container in the weapons Nikkita had pulled out and piled on the shelf, and it was obvious to him that it was a cigar one. He felt his entire body itching for a puff of smoke, having just walked ruthlessly their way here. He quickly grabbed one, and just before lighting it, asked:
    "May I?"

She shook her head, “You really shouldn’t smoke. It’s a bad habit that can get you caught as an assassin and it’s just not good for you my friend.”

"There we go again."

Kefreon groaned, dropping the cigar back into the container.

"And I thought I was luckiest teenager in the world to be free of adult rule."

She looked at him annoyed, “It’s not about me acting like an adult, it’s about you being properly trained, you obviously haven’t been. You should know by now you shouldn’t even have habits. Habits get you killed and I was just stating that.”

"I don't have any habit except that I do as I please. Let's see if that gets me killed."

He said arrogantly, doing a few yoga side bends.

“Oh!” she said, her voice slightly rising, “I see! Mister independent teenager? Can’t take some goddamned advice, it’s all about you, huh? I could have killed you twice! But I didn’t, because you’re…” she paused, “You don’t deserve that. You deserve better then being an assassin. You deserve a normal life.”

"Wow, and who's being Godmother? Oh goddess, thanks for sparing my life - if you're all that, why don't you get me back stuff which I deserve?"

Kefreon said agitatedly, the pitch of his voice rising as well, having stopped his yoga.

She shook her head and stood back, trying to calm her nerves, “You should really learn how to speak to an adult, you’ve lived on your own far too long.”

"I don't want a bossy woman to peck at my nerves like a woodpecker. Why don't you stick to bossing around your son whenever you go visit him?"

His words came out bitterly, but as he finished his anger started to vanish.

Her face quickly went sullen as she struggled to fight back the memories. She looked at him, the frown taking over her face. She quickly grabbed the items off the shelves and threw whatever was needed into the bags. Her hands shook the entire time, as she quickly finished her packing. She disappeared into her room, closing the door behind her. He could hear her silent sobs and mumbles from behind the door, as she packed her clothes and other belongings.

14. Charisma

Kefreon's mood quickly changed as he saw her trembling, piling the items into the bags. He wanted to apologize, but it was almost impossible for him - he had never apologized to anyone before. At least, not truthfully. He stupidly stood, eyeing his feet until she went in her room. He was thinking of a good way to apologize, when he heard his crying. Guilt stung him like a viper's fangs and he walked over to the door, his ear on it. He didn't realize, until now, that he had actually hurt her.

He could hear her footsteps becoming louder and pushed himself away from the door. He acted oblivious as she came out, but there was no sign of crying on her face. She held a bag in her hands, and seemed to be much calmer than before.

"Hey...I didn't mean to be rude. Just really...tired."

Kefreon mumbled, and half of his words seemed like a bee's humming.

She gave him a nod, no words escaping her lips as she went towards the door. She struggled to grab the bags from the couch, tossing him a few to carry on his own. She motioned for him to follow her until they reached a second door he hadn’t noticed before. Once opened he saw that it was a garage.

"That’s one of my cars, it’ll get us to our safehouse." Her voice was flat, sounding much like she was tired.

Kefreon found her silence made him feel even worse about himself. He didn't want to start another argument, but he couldn't stand himself feeling like this. He held the bags tightly in his hands, so as to make sure he didn't seem jittery to her.

"Look, I know you're upset...I'm...well..." He paused, his throat muscles convulsing as he continued, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so...insolent. You probably miss your son and want to see him someday."

A laugh escaped her lips as she tossed the bags into the trunk. She positioned her handgun on her hip, and slid her rifle container into the back seat. She looked back at him, tossing the keys in the air and catching them as she spoke.

“It was about 20 years ago when my time in the army came to a halt. I was relieved of my duty because my higher officers decided to abuse their power without my own knowledge. I killed a caravan of innocent men, and I was quickly hidden away and discharged from the army.” She looked at him, her back leaning against the car, “You’d think that would be the end of it. It wasn’t. I was a witness, and I needed to be killed, or so they felt. I was picking my son up from school, my first day back home in months. I barely had him in my arms before the bullets raced towards us. Two shots, they both missed me and got my son. He died in my arms, barely 10 years old.” She looked at him her eyes watery, “So no. Kefreon, I won’t be seeing my son.” She opened the driver's seat and got in, and started the car.

Kefreon guiltily eyed her, and bit his lower lip as he sat inside. He felt like the seat was biting him, the air around him thickening. He gave the woman a silent, expressionless face and then looked down at his feet.

"I'm sorry about what happened. You didn't deserve it."

He murmured, and then whisked his eyes to a side.

"My mother refused to accept me, when I finally found her after a decade's search." He paused, holding back the froth climbing his throat. "She was the reason I became an assassin, because my kidnappers told me she was going to give me away in adoption because she couldn't bring me up well. I wanted to earn enough money so I could drive that fear away from her mind. The only way I knew...was this."

He looked down at his palm and frowned.

"But it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it does to hear about what happened to you."

He looked in her direction and then breathed hard. Mariyo always said something silly, but helpful. He reluctantly pulled her into a hug.

15. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Now Silpheed was this lonely man, or that is how he thought it out of his head Thomas Mahoney the family man. Thomas Mahoney the family man with a deadly secret as he always knocks on deaths door.
    He was waiting for this Marissa Theodore person at the respective spot he was suppose to meet this Marissa person.
    Silpheed's eyes reflected a flicker in them. This was probably going to be the most fun he ever had.

16. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Ash rode the bus, to the meeting spot. The others seemed willing to talk to each other, but she just sat there in silence, wondering what this Thomas person is going to be like. The bus comes to a stop and she gets off. There he is, sitting there on a park bench. He appeared to be a rather feminine looking man. Ash walks up to him, ready to pull her gun if needed, "Hello there. Are you Thomas?"

17. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

In San Francisco

"We clear?" the captain spoke into the walkie-talkie.
    "You are, have a smooth ride, captain," the woman on the other end responded.

Both ships lumbered slowly out of the San Francisco Bay into the safety of open waters, and towards their respective locations of Cuba and Japan.

Elsewhere​

Debbie Sam's phone rang. "Yes?"
    "Silpheed and Ash have failed," the cold voice said.
    She shook her head. "At what?"
    "The entire thing."

She clicked off her phone and looked up at Longshot. "The ships made it out."
    "And Yerman?"
    "Still alive."
    Longshot sighed and turned to her. "Make the call and then go take care of Yerman yourself."
    Debbie Sam nodded, taking out her cell phone.

Back in California​

As Ash and Silpheed exchange pleasantries, a black Escalade rolls up next to them, windows down. Before they can react, uzis, aimed at them, unleash a hail of bullets. Ash is struck in the ankle, shoulder, right hand, and left bicep. Silpheed is struck in both legs and the chest, puncturing his lung. The Escalade quickly drives off as the two assassins lay on the ground, bleeding out.

18. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

The Merger

The man, Longshot's employer, stood staring out the window of his office. It was a beautiful day and he was happy. He had his footholds in Japan and Cuba now and, soon, he'd be one of the most powerful men in the world. An undeniable force on all fronts, bending the scale of events to whim. He turned to Longshot.

"You did a good job, Longshot," he said. "Everything is as it should be."
    Longshot smiled and stood up, putting his jacket on. "Before I depart," he said. "I was wondering if you had heard news of this merger."
    The man furrowed his brow and shook his head.
    "It might be something you can look into," Longshot continued. "Might be something we can use."
    "Who is it between?"
    "Diablo de Verde and the Brutus Booth Syndicate," Longshot said, pulling out his silenced pistol and shooting his former employer in the head.

Longshot worked quickly to download all the pertinent files onto his laptop. Funds, resources, names, codes, and all other sorts of data now belonged to him. He shut the laptop and packed it away.

Hours later, he was on a chartered jet to the Bahamas, where he would rest before heading to Cuba and solidifying himself as a force to be reckoned with on every front, criminal and legitimate, that he could get his fingers into.

To Be Continued....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.