Sleeping Patterns

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Blueflare

Blueflare New Member

4am - noon is the best time for me to sleep. In the summer more like 8am - 4pm lol - with a stroll at dawn before sleep. Oh how I miss University.

Everything just feels wrong in the day. The day is rubbish. At night I come alive.

2. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Yeh I stay up way to late too...it's horrible to have such sleep patterns and they get worse during the holidays for me. It's one reason why I really hate holidays. Things are just more peaceful at night and for some strange reason I think alot better at night too...anyway i'm trying to get out of it by going swimming and gym everyday to get fit and actually be tired so I sleep at night. It's worked quite nicely so far, including helping me think more clearly while writing! All I can say is if you can motivate yourself to find a way to not sleep at horrible times then do it! It definitely pays of and you feel alot better in general :)

3. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I have no real pattern either. Some days I sleep 3-4 hours and I'm wide awake; other days 12 hours isn't enough. And then I work nights four times a week, so that's a couple hours' nap before going in. When I was unemployed, I slept when I got tired enough to fall asleep, regardless of time and I still kinda cling to that.

4. dred

dred New Member

I sleep between 6-12 hours, normally I go to bed between 3-6am and wake up between 2-4pm. I write best between 9pm-1am, but I normally sit and think about what I'm going to write in my head, then put a rough draft of what I want to add, where the story is heading and anything which I want to add later which I might otherwise forget.

5. Snoopingaround

Snoopingaround Banned

I am a night owl. But I try to wake up before 8:30 AM everyday, even on the weekends. I try to live on an optimized schedule and not waste any time. I also want to operate a regular schedule. It is important for you and your mind and body to get all the rest that it needs, though, so I do try to get 8 hours each night (though it varies). I can operate well on 6.5 hours (but I can't do that for long), and I envy people who only need 4 hours of sleep to be at 100% each day. I wish I had those genes.