Slendermess

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TheLeonard112, Jun 5, 2014.

1. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Before twelve, I came up with the theory of forms all on my own. And I was a pretty slow kid. Twelve year olds absolutely understand concepts like death and morality. I'm absolutely shocked you don't know this :O

2. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

m
    I agree they must be disturbed but what I am trying to say is that their understanding of killings end with that it is bad while a more matured human being understands why its bad.

And thats how you win most ethical, moral, or philosophical arguments. :D

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Disturbed? No question. Criminally responsible as adults? Not so much.

4. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Agreed. What do you think should happen to them?

5. GingerCoffee

They should be tried and a qualified judge that understands the issues should determine the consequences. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that is what will happen.

6. Vandor76

Vandor76 Senior Member

Just to add another aspect : do you think their parents should be held responsible (at any level)? Because I think yes.

Sometimes when I hear that a kid has done something cruel and see his/her parents on TV saying "it can't be true, my little can't do such things" I always feel that those people just do not know their kid. They live in the same house but never talk to each other. It is clearly the parents' responsibility to keep their eyes on their kids. Who else can guide the kid to the right direction?

7. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Just because I don't know the cut off doesn't mean I cant say they should be on one side of the line. Why does it have to be so focused on age? I think it should be based on whether or not they actually understood what they were doing. And they did, even if some people think kids are straight retarded. Many aren't as stupid as people make them seem and these two showed complete understanding of what they did. They stabbed their friend NINETEEN TIMES. I am not saying we have to kill them or lock them up forever but they shouldn't be treated like a kid who stole a candy bar from your local CVS.

8. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I guess I agree.

It reminds me of the Jamie Bulger case we had here in the UK back in the pre-historic 90s, when two kids took a baby - toddler really - and beat him to within an inch of his life, before tying him to some train tracks and guess what happened next. Most young people should certainly not be tried as adults. When I was 12 my greatest worry and most profound thought both were connected to Pokemon. Some kids, however, are pure evil; and I use that word, even though I do not believe evil exists ... what else can you call it?

If you are a normal, mentally healthy 12 year old you do not try to murder another human being because of make-believe and CreepyPasta. They knew what they were doing, and I hope they face the consequences, whatever they turn out to be.

9. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

When was it stated they'd be treated like kids who stole candy from CVS? Has information regarding that actually come to light? It was to my understanding that the girls are currently being held at a Juvenile detention center and then going to a mental health facility.

A kid who stole candy would probably just get a slap on the wrist or taken home by his parents and yelled at or something.

As for the age thing well that's simple.

They really are just children.....albeit very very very screwed up children but children nonetheless. Which means there could be still time cure them or at least get them proper treatment for whatever is wrong with them.

Should they be punished to high extent.

OF COURSE!!

But like damn someone should help, like help their heads.

Anyway

enough about them or at least from me atm XD I think we should all just be relieved the VICTIM the actual hero of this story managed to live and pull through. That's the best part of this entire mess, well there was no good part.

But its fantastic that she's alive and hopefully she'll be able to make fully recovery and move past it in the future.

10. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Lack of empathy.....sociopathic....psychotic.....crazy (in the bad way)....sick

I mean if ya don't believe in evil and your looking for words to call someone who does some pretty terrible things with no remorse then those words should fit.......I think

Though evil is the most easy and sufficient to use when pointing out the worst crimes.

11. Lemex

Yeah, fair enough, those will do.

12. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

The society often feels that perpetrators of evil crimes who don't look like nasty killers must be insane and that locking them up in mental hospital is somehow better or more appropriate. The truth of it is, these girls will be assessed by forensic psychiatrists and it will be decided whether they have grounds for insanity defence. Their age might bring in question whether they understood the nature of their actions, but the premeditation of it, even considering the clean up, pretty much suggest they knew what they were doing. Such young females and such a violent crime is terribly unusual, but anyone who commits such a crime remains dangerous for life. I would be extremely reluctant to not try them as adults for that reason,

13. TheLeonard112

I also hope that she gets a full and speedy recovery. I mean how do you crawl out of a park after being stabbed nineteen times, damn. Anyway the CVS things was an analogy for the people who are trying to treat them as "little kids who didn't know any better". I'm sick of that crap.

14. Lemex

If it matters to anyone, the CreepyPasta fandom are trying to show this is absolutely not representative of what CreepyPasta is all about. There are now loads of photos on Twitter and Facebook of fans of the genre saying essentially they can tell the difference between our reality and the fantasy of those horror short stories.

15. TheLeonard112

Yeah. Creppypasta made a statement:
    "This wiki does not endorse or advocate for the killing, worship, and otherwise replication of rituals of fictional works. There is a line between fiction and reality, and it is up to you to realize where the line is. We are a literature site, not a crazy satanic cult.

For most of you reading this, you’re probably thinking this is a no-brainier that stories here are mere fiction and know that they are just mere fiction. This blog addresses to newcomers and “die-hard believers”, who will otherwise, likely to believe in these stories.

Hopefully, the gruesome crime that happened in Wisconsin will not repeat itself again, and our hearts go out to the families affected by this crime."

16. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

Lines drawn at certain ages citing responsibility are arbitrary at best. Some of us mature a lot faster than others, some not so much. A straight line cannot be drawn to separate this level of maturation. I don't think people in criminal cases such as these should be measured against some whimsical age barrier, but against themselves at individuals. Have competent psychiatrists assess their mental capabilities and try them based on those findings.

sunsplash and jazzabel like this.
  17. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

Ok, these kids thought they would get in good with a completely fictional character. That's almost like killing because the voices in your head told you to. They have mental problems and that should say enough about how their trial should proceed.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  18. GingerCoffee

Latest update, if true and I don't have reason to doubt it, is the point of charging the girls as adults just gives the prosecutors and/or judge more flexibility. In that state anyone over the age of ten can be charged as an adult for serious crimes. Otherwise if charged as a minor they are automatically released at the age of 25 or something and that could be problematic down the road.

19. GingerCoffee

Not enough info to say. But mental health intervention is definitely on the list.

20. GingerCoffee

If you can't define the cutoff, or your rationale, upon what criteria are you deciding?

That's quite the false dichotomy you posted there. Since when are all juvenile crimes treated like minor infractions?

Knowing right from wrong, is one criteria. How about a ludicrous belief that a fictional character is real? Where does that fit in your assessment?

21. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

Warning: He Swears a bit (Due to emotions, not rudeness)

I think AOS hits the nail on the head with quite a few points concerning this.

22. TheLeonard112

I already explained the criteria. Whether or not they knew what they were doing. And these two were fully aware.

23. GingerCoffee

How do you know what they were aware of from a news article?

24. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

No, they were not. They thought Slenderman was a real entity.

Jack Asher and GingerCoffee like this.
  25. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Regardless of how mature you think you were at 12, anyone with actuall experience knows that 12 year olds are not developed enough to distinguish fantasy from reality.