Tags:
  1. Oxymaroon

Oxymaroon Contributor Contributor

Snow Day

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Oxymaroon, Dec 25, 2017.

AKA Christmas Day, Sunday, grandparents day, football day, laundry day and probably two hundred other kinds of day, at least three of them X-rated.
    So I say: what the hay...
    No, that's too much work, just to elicit a small groan. Thing is, my partner (in every sense) is on Scribophile and seems to be having fun, as well as getting valuable feedback on his work in progress, but it's our policy to stay off each other's forums, in order to avoid the appearance of sock-puppeteering when we agree, and domestic discord when we don't. I went looking for a writing forum that looks friendly but not over-protective. A large, diverse membership is a welcome bonus.

CV: We are both retired; run a small on-line book business and minuscule publishing house. I have two novels, a children's book and some short stories; my SO has a science book, a collection of poetry and short stories.
    We contributed to a collaborative effort that's difficult to place - adult humorous medieval fantasy. (That was by far the most fun to edit!)

Now, I suppose I should make a profile and then go find something to review.

SethLoki likes this.
  2. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

Found your intro interesting/intriguing, you two sound like an excellent coupling. Welcome and look forward to you workshopping your WIPs. Tell me grandparents' day is you having your grandparents round and I'll be mighty impressed! + badgering you for a cup from that youth fountain you have in your garden.

3. Oxymaroon

Oxymaroon Contributor Contributor

Thanks.
    No, alas, we are orphans. Not sports fans, either, though we enjoy the odd soccer game if there is no disaster movie (Nuke that asteroid/sink-hole/storm/volcano/virus cloud/giant space squid, with three seconds to spare!) on the tube on a snowy Sunday afternoon.
    And it's restful, having no grandchildren to entertain. I meet the other oldsters at the market, with towering carts full of ice cream and pop, hamburger and potato chips, while I waltz through the fast checkout with my broccoli*, tofu and Portobello mushrooms. Ha!
    (Psst * that's the fountain of youth.)