1. Thank you all for your patience with our technical errors. We think we've fixed it, but please do report anything that's not working right, by posting on the 'minor bugs' thread in Support and Feedback, which can be found here.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Randy Hughes-King

Randy Hughes-King New Member

So an insecure writer decided to join a forum...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Randy Hughes-King, Dec 20, 2017.

We all write to some degree (this audience more than most). I started with blogging but currently don't have my own; I'm editing a friend's blog. I'm working on my biography and a sci-fi fantasy novel. I also have other unique things to share such as a syllabi for a college course I'd like to see exist (its on human trafficking, so not exactly a lit major course). I write about politics in an often ethical lens rather than from a particular tribe.

I'm 26, looking to write books that help people. I have autism, am LGBT, have traveled the United States twice recently, and know what its like to live through poverty. Despite all of this I'm an eternal optimist and my writing often reflects this (except my fiction where the ensemble cast always dies, its like Star Wars meets Magic the Gathering but nobody knows about it yet). I'm hoping to join contests and exercise my writing skills as well as help do basic editing for others on here.

I'm a little overwhelmed with the quick start guide but I'll be up to speed soon enough. Despite all of this upfront honest fear of sharing my writing is a huge hurdle for me. Glad to be here.
    -R

A man called Valance likes this.