1. EN2

EN2 New Member

So I came up with an idea for a new story, Sakura the Rabbit...

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by EN2, Oct 25, 2011.

Before we start, just let me state that I'm new here, and I hope to feel accepted here.

But anyway, my story, Sakura the Rabbit. The story's title refers to the main-protagonist of the same name, as she quests to resurrect her deceased fiancee, Rurisagi the Rabbit, by collecting four phoenix-feathers to resurrect Xenia the Phoenix, who has the power to help her restore her dead fiancee, while saving the land of Xiombus from a millenium-old empire, the Purifiers. Along the way, she encounters and befriends the following characters:

Kokoro the Cat: An assassin questing to redeem her former-friend-turned-Purifier, Vergil the Cat.

Kyumi the Kitsune: Kokoro's adoptive-daughter, who quests to find and reunite with her long-lost grandmother, Kitsumi the Kitsune.

Kitsumi the Kitsune: Kyumi's long-lost grandmother, who orphaned her to save her life at the expense of becoming the Purifiers' new slave.

Hikari the Echidna: An apprentice high-priest questing to surpass her long-deceased master, the previous high-priest.

Haruman the Monkey: A former-Purifier who sides with Hikari the Echidna to redeem his deceased-father's Purifier-ways.

Kira the Lizardess: The heir to the count of the city of Vhalia, who teamed up with the Anti-Purifier Resistance Movement to reclaim her home city from the Purifiers.

Templer the Rat: Kira's right-hand man, as well as a husband and father to two two children, who was trained by his father, the sheriff of Vhalia, to become sheriff himself anytime the city is reclaimed.

Elliot the Hawk: Descended from Xenia the Phoenix, he quests to redeem her millenium-old ancestor for unintentionally forming the Purifiers.

However, I would like some suggestions to making the story better than it's supposed to be. Can anyone help me write it well?

2. Jhunter

Jhunter Mmm, bacon. Contributor

It sounds like you are asking someone to write this for you, in which case that will most likely not happen. I would suggest writing a portion of this then submitting it for review after you have met the guidelines for doing so.

3. EN2

EN2 New Member

Where on this site can I write a portion of this?

4. Jhunter

Jhunter Mmm, bacon. Contributor

In the Writing Workshop section, but before you are allowed to post you are required to review other peoples work first. The exact rules and guidelines are in the new member information section.

5. tjc88

tjc88 New Member

Just a little word of advice– it really doesn't matter what your plot idea is. They key is how well you write it, and how well it appeals to your readers. As long as you make sure your writing is thorough and interesting, your plot should be fine. It seems as though you already have the beginnings of an outline here, so just try to work with what you have come up with. It might not be amazing the first time you write it, but you can always go back and edit it later. I wish you the best of luck with your writing, EN2!

6. Timothy Giant

Timothy Giant New Member

I can't really help you write it, but I am willing to review it critically when you finished (should it become a novel or a short story). A short story you can just post on this site, but a novel might not be that good an idea. However, I'll still happily review it though. :p
    Good luck!

7. architectus

architectus Banned