1. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Presents, Presents, and, uh, Presents!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SonnehLee, Dec 25, 2009.

I know Christmas isn't supposed to be about all the presents and the material things, but, let's face it, we like presents!

What'd you get? :)

I got:
    Movie Night Box (Favorite of our family. Two movie tickets, plus candy, and popcorn on the house love mom and dad)
    A new Bible
    Glass, by Ellen Hopkins
    a $25 gift card to Starbucks
    a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble
    Other Stuff.

What about you? :)

2. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

At this point, most presents I get are giftcards and clothes, which is good. For actual presents, I got Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition, Coheed and Cambria 'The Last Supper' Live, and my personal favourites, a pair of extreme metal cds- Antithesis by Origin, and The Apostasy by Behemoth. I can now celebrate the holidays in style \m/

3. writewizard

writewizard New Member

An acoustic guitar (which is good, becase I'm going to have my main character in my next novel play that), two nice shirts, two guitar learning books, a Christmas figurine, a guitar bag, lots of peaches/food, and LOTS of soda... Which will hopefully help me function this next semester at school :).

4. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

My mom made me a super cool lamp using an old Telescope tripod.

My Girlfriend got me a slip cover for my couch (although the weird shape of the couch is causing some issues...)

Some cool goodies for my kitchen

This book:
    [​IMG]

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

i got a SAW t-shirt!!!!!!!!!! woooooot!

6. Irish87

Irish87 New Member

1. Kindle 2: I've been asking for this ever since it came out. Honestly, I love reading a good old fashion book, but after a while it becomes a hassle owning so many. Not to mention I wanted to use it to upload my own work... why? Well, I'm a narcissist. Somehow I was lucky enough to have a group of friends who felt my desire to own such a device warranted their attention. Since it was so expensive I got it from all of them. From what I've calculated it was only about thirty-five bucks a person, so I don't feel so bad now.
    2. A bunch of games: Steam is having a sale right now and I took full advantage. I know, I know, it doesn't really count if I bought it for myself. Nevertheless, I consider it my gift to me.
    3. Turkey: Sure, I made it, but it was a gift from heaven - so good.
    4. A full day of A Christmas Story: Nothing needs to be said...

That was my gift list. I feel incredibly lucky this year.

7. BillyxRansom

BillyxRansom Active Member

Solid list.

Saw t-shirt haha nice.

8. BillyxRansom

BillyxRansom Active Member

As i posted in a thread i made (consequently having missed this thread entirely :p):

Frank Sinatra 3-disc collector's set (including a DVD and a card for free downloads)
    Little Miss Sunshine
    CD-Rs
    Maxim Calendar
    Magnetic Dry Erase Board
    Borat
    candy
    Bella Complete Bed Set
    Poster of a Nietzsche quote ("Without Music..") with some music notes
    Poster of every Beatles album
    $300 in cash, $50 check

other stuff i can't remember but this year was pretty good.

9. Dreaming Ashes

Dreaming Ashes New Member

I had already got myself Dragon Age: Origins Xbox 360 Game, a new coat and shoes before Christmas, and I got mainly money and giftcards this year. =] Pretty good. I can go buy what I want now. xD

10. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

A return trip to Alice Springs, which I can take any time over the next year, and a couple of CD's. :)

11. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

Amazon gift card
    Hastings gift card
    Home Depot gift card
    Staples gift card
    A new printer and 4 sets of ink cartridges
    Subway gift card
    An Eternity ring from hubby

Edited to add: 3 sets of thermal underwear and 2 pairs of insulated coveralls (Laugh if you want to, but this is my first winter in the 'high dessert' and it's a touch colder than Dallas.)

12. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Staples, noooooooo!

(I work at Office Max. :p)

I got lots of movies, a bookcase, workout stuff, and bunches of other good stuff. And I got a huge hug from my dad and a thank you for me and Joel getting so over-the-top with our presents, because it would have been a small Christmas for my siblings otherwise. But I think watching my sibs and parents open our presents for them was the best part. :D

13. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

My mother is a convert, so to make her happy we do Chanuka and Christmas. I got her some pretty-smelling soaps and lotions, and a new bottle of nail polish.

Presents I got: My grandfather gave all the cousins a mini gift bag with a piece of chocolate and $25. From my parents I got:

1) A new journal with caligraphy ink and new nibs for my dipping pens
    2) 2 DVDs, Star Trek and Inu Yasha
    3) 2 books, a manga and a quiz book
    4) A chocolate orange

14. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

We don't have an OfficeMax here. I'd probably have to go to Las Cruces or Abq. to find one (or at least Ruidoso.) Sorry.

15. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

The new Bedouin Soundclash CD, Session one of Family Guy, Nobilism (comady DVD), If on a Winter's Night a Traveller, the 2 R.E.M. CDs I didn't have - and now I have them all. Loads of other stuff too, but I can't recall them at the moment.

16. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

My wife and I got four kids (including one home from Costa Rica and one home from Kentucky), four grandkids and my 80yo mother for a week...wonderful Christmas!

17. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I received (and am currently using) my new SkullCandy headphones. :love:
    I also received some university paraphernalia, and money for college --and a Colts sports jersey.
    My mother got some of her artistic friends to create a wooden carving of my puppy (the love of my life) and a pillowcase with her face on it, because she knows I'll miss my baby most when I go to university.
    My parents made fun of my low body temperature and purchased some self-warming gloves and a Snuggie for me. :D

I think the best part was something I didnt receive though. My mother received a journal from my aunt which contained a letter that is so personal I do not wish to reveal its contents, but it brought everyone to tears. My aunt had Alzheimers and passed away four days ago. Because of her deteriorated state of mind, she had never been able to give it to my mother, but my aunt's sister found it while sorting through her possessions.
    It is comforting to know that even though she is now gone, she can still speak to us. This is one of the greatest joys of writing.

18. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

That is so beautiful, Merc. I'm glad your aunt's sister found it.

19. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I got Apples to Apples (yay!!), a sexy new pink iPod nano (5th generation, with the video camera!!! :D), and over $150 to Waldenbooks, which I have already used to buy Slaughterhouse-Five, To Kill A Mockingbird, Anna Karenina, War and Peace, Gone with the Wind, The Grapes of Wrath, and 1984. :D

Also about $200 to Aeropostale. :D

20. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Now that is the best gift ever. Your family together over to celebrate Christmas.

The best gift I got this year was my Christmas came true. :) Nothing could beat that. It was, as NaCl put it, a wonderful Christmas.

21. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Oh, I received lots of love from children and family but here's a few of my most treasured gifts.

~My grandmother came by and she gave me one of those wonderfully soft and warm hugs. You can't buy anything like them. She makes them all her own.
    ~From my youngest son, I received an evening of cuddles and reminiscing.
    ~From my daughter, Lots of laughter and scares as we stayed up all night watching horror movies.
    ~From my oldest son, happy tears as he played a special song that represented a moment between us from his young childhood.

I know this isn't exactly what was expected...but these are the gifts I treasured the most. :)