Tags:
  1. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

Something Weird

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GlitterRain7, Oct 21, 2017.

What's something you guys find weird/hard to believe? Can be anything.

Mine:
    I think I'm at that age now where there's some differences in what children do for fun. Today's children have so many games to play on their parent's smartphones, if not their own. Some of their toys connect to smartphones. There's so much technology available to them. The only technology I really had was like, the PS2, the Wii, and the computer. Even Barbies have seemed to changed. When I was little and played with them, the ones with movies seemed to be like, all princesses. Now they have like pop stars and secret agents and stuff, I guess more "girl empowering", which isn't a bad thing at all, it's just something that's weird to me, growing up with the princesses. And, I happened upon an American Girl magazine recently, and it seems as if they've replaced a lot of the historical girls available from the mid to late 00's. So yeah, just something that I've kind of noticed. I guess it's weird to me because this is already happening in less than two decades.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    This is absolutely not a dig at you, but something I find weird is that there are adults who had the PS2 when they were growing up. The Apple was the first home computer, but the TRS-80 Model I was the first widely available home computer. I remember my dad debating whether to wait a year for the Apple, which had a color monitor, or to just go ahead and buy the Tandy.

He went with the TRS-80.

My neighbors had an Atari though, and one of my friends had Colecovision....

3. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

It was probably 04-05 when I started playing PS2, which I was still what I consider very young at that time. By that time I guess the PS2 wasn't brand new anymore.
    I really wish I would've had an Atari. There's an Atari box laying around but the actual console is gone, I have no idea what happened to it, and I would say it's been gone since before me. :bigfrown:
    The old games I did have though, PS2, PS1 that I played on the PS2, game boy, those were some of the best games.

4. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Talking parrots.

5. Iain Sparrow

Iain Sparrow Banned Contributor

I'm of the generation before there were video games.
    You may find this impossible to believe, but as kids we used to go outside. Choose teams and play sports, run in the pouring rain, have adventures, shoot birds out of the sky, make out in the bushes. In the days of my youth there were few fat kids, a none well dressed. Today, I see them, and find it hard to believe so much has changed in just three decades time. Teenage boys with dyed hair and earrings, girls dressed like whores, all twenty pounds and more overweight. Grownup so fast that it seems they weren't ever children at all.

Iain Aschendale and I Am Vague like this.