1. speedyme

speedyme New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by speedyme, Sep 3, 2016.

Hello!

This place is something new to me, as I've never really went on any type of forum before this one. I've been a writer since before I started kindergarten; my mom saved all my little stories I wrote (she's the greatest!). I am currently writing a novel, which I've been working on for 2 years I do hope to finish it soon, but I'm a huge procrastinator...lol. I quit Facebook to focus more on my novel...I hope that joining this forum will get me more excited about finishing it, if I don't do all my procrastinating on here.

Well anyway, that's enough of my ramblings for now!

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome. :bigwink: Be sure to read through the PM you got from me upon joining. There is information there regarding our Forum Rules and also regarding our Writing Workshop.

Have fun. :agreed:

3. speedyme

speedyme New Member

Thanks!

4. Persephone in Ireland

Persephone in Ireland New Member

Hi there! I downloaded a free program which allows you to set a timer which blocks certain websites for the set time. It is called cold turkey but there are other ones too. It means you could sit at the computer to write for 2 hours and set the timer to block facebook (or wikipedia or google or amazon or whatever your vice) for 2 hours. I like the way it acts as a reward too, because if I am still here in 2 hours writing I can go and browse that website to my heart's content :)