1. @theunheardwriter21

@theunheardwriter21 Member

Southern Sweetness - progress journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by @theunheardwriter21, Mar 28, 2018.

Entry I -

This story started as a short romance clip to be inserted into a larger piece, but I managed to continue it absent-mindedly and it grew to over 7 pages, just under 4k words. I can envision it easily, with corresponding emotions that flow alongside the story line. I have a few ideas of different "bumps in the road" to warp into the story line and may write out different versions before settling with one to continue on with. There's something about the ideas I have so far that just screams "PAY ATTENTION TO ME", as if it wants to be expanded and continued, broadened and fulfilled. We'll see where it goes, till next time.

- t

2. @theunheardwriter21

Entry II

I've exceeded the 4k threshold, and I'm nearly the start of page 8. It's finally time to post it here, I'll have it up within the hour - so check it out, let me know what you think. IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND WILL BE CONTINUED. - t

3. @theunheardwriter21

Entry III

I've surpassed 4.3k, progress is slow but still going. Hope to have 6k by the end of the month. - t

4. @theunheardwriter21

Entry IV

6k by the end of the month is no longer a possibility. With a to-do list a solid country mile long, Southern Sweetness is going on the back burner for a little while, at least until after final exams. I'll still add to it during my homework and study breaks, and when I just can't think academically anymore but it won't be pages at a time like I've been able to do sometimes before my courseload doubling (or more). I am sad to have to give this blossoming story less and less attention, but passing this semester then prepping for Summer 1 semester has to be number one for me right now.

Love always, t.

5. @theunheardwriter21

Entry V

So I have deiscovered that I will far exceed the word count max for the monthly contest in May via this site. I am exploring larger contests and found one with a 50k minimum but the grand prize is a publishing contract. So we'll see if I can meet that by the end of September. I'm trying to be hopeful but terrified to over do it and get burnt out. - t

6. @theunheardwriter21

Entry VI

Over a span of 5 constructed scenes, I surpass 7k. I've begun plans for another scene and have drawn up the overall organization of the WIP project.
    I'm currently taking a 5 week summer class so my time is limited, but for some reason I feel extraordinarily drawn to this project. I'm hoping to post a new scene up on here soon, would love some feedback and reviews. Not sure when that post will come, but in time it will. I'd love to start a dialogue with some other forum passersby, talk characters and locations. Shoot me a message if you're interested. For now, I close the curtain as I return to my south Georgia sweethearts.

Love always, t.

7. @theunheardwriter21

Entry VII

Recently, my bouts of inspiration and creativity have come rapidly and gone just as fast, leading to some intense productivity yet some serious frustration. I'll push through and keep writing.

Love, t.