Tags:
  1. Roxie

Roxie Active Member

Speak

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Roxie, Mar 5, 2009.

I was doing some online research on books that have touched the subject of teen rape and this title Speak jumped out of me from the list I found. As anyone read this book or heard of the author before Laurie Halse Anderson I have to admit she is unknown to me. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. silverfrost

silverfrost New Member

I haven't read the book yet, but I have seen the movie, which apparently follows the novel pretty closely. It's a very moving, heartbreaking, and inspirational story that deals with surviving a traumatic experience in a realistic way. I highly recommend the movie, at least.

3. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

Yes, I've read it. She's written a bunch of books. A simple google will yield lots of info. She's got a new one coming out soon that I'm in the queue for at my library. It deals w/anorexia.

4. Roxie

Roxie Active Member

I went to the library last night and reserved a copy of the book.

oh and thanks silver for recommending the movie I'll check it out after I read the book.