1. HellOnEarth

HellOnEarth Banned

Chicago Asian student arrested for questionable creative writing essay

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HellOnEarth, Apr 27, 2007.

2. Onoria Westhrop

Onoria Westhrop New Member

If you arrested every mattoid in the world, then there would be very few people left. I think the entire psychology of "crime=mental illness" which has been used in countless defences of the unpardonable has for years been used to lock away many innocents who are guilty of nothing more than deviation from what a certain clique, a cabal if you will, of medical professionals and politicians define as "sane". Counterwise, many unforgivable murderers and criminals have made a mockery of justice by being pronounced to have diminished responsibility on the grounds of a psychological disorder. The result? A catch twenty-two problem: Only the insane murder, but anyone who's insane is not legally culpable for the act of murder. The side effect: those who have not commited a crime but are considered to be "high risk" by psychological evaluation, can be instituionalised. And before you make this an America/Europe thing, I would point out that instituionalisation of mattoids is v.common in the UK, where the mental health system has barely evolved beyond the mad ships of 17th century.

3. .PeanutButter

.PeanutButter New Member

That's creepy. REALLY creepy. Kind of freaked me out when I read it...gosh, I have company over...glad they're in the living room. :p

4. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

Oh dear... Poor Boy.

I think maybe he should go to a counsillor if he or his family think he is at risk. Everyone has morbid thoughts from time to time. Itdoesn't mean they'll all go on a killing spree for real. D=

Well said Onoria.

5. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I think when HOE said "It begins", he was referring to the new mix of racism/paranoia we should be receiving after the events at Virginia Tech. Really, this is going to be 9/11 or Katrina all over again- debating over scandals, poor responses, bad decisions, conspiracies, and racism.
    Ahhh, America.

6. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Can they even do that? Arrest someone for "describing a dream" or whatever?

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I would not be sirprised

8. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Omg... I can't believe that this kind of censorship is beginning. God knows what people would make of some of my writings then... I don't see why we should need to censor what we write purely because there are some psychos in the world.