Tags:
  1. Ben Ware

Ben Ware New Member

Stab Wound in Abdomen?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Ben Ware, Aug 1, 2019.

Hi guys, just doing some research looking for the prognosis of a stab wound for a character.
    Basically my character is fighting someone in an old metal factory, and gets a jagged piece of scrap sheet metal, about 3in wide, shoved into his abdomen.
    About halfway between the 9th rib and the top of the pelvis. Goes right through the other side. Misses major blood vessels and nerves.
    Obviously it slices through three layers of muscles at the front and a couple through the back, and slices through the intestines. He is able to receive the best medical treatment basically straight away.
    Wanting to know how long recovery and rehab is going to be (the story is in a position where the rehab time can be as long as it needs), how long pain will persist, if there'll be any long term side effects?
    Thanks for any insights you guys can provide.

2. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Shalom, welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure if you found them already or not, but there are a few research threads on stab wound already. This one's probably most pertinent, but I didn't go through them all. Good luck.