1. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

Time Travel - History Research for Sci Fi story concept.

Discussion in 'Research' started by Bobby Burrows, Apr 6, 2019.

What business plans in the future could time travel be the crux of?

I'm thinking, DNA.

I'm thinking, if I could get all my grand parents and their parents as well as any notable famous ancestors to spit into an Ancestry® tube and have it processed so I can see where they come from and see how well it matches with mine.

Then I thought...

George Washington never had any children...

I'd love to go back in time, meet him, because his sperm at my sperm bank right...
    Imagine the father of a nation being the father of your child.

2. Bobby Burrows

Maybe I could write an episode about going back in time, sedating George Washington to extract his sperm, and have George Washington waking up each time afterwards dazed and confused, but feeling relaxed, cool, and calm, and maybe make it that, going back in time to jack off the president so many times was why he could never have any direct decedents, because my characters over harvested his sperm, and then I guess you can see little George Washington babies in the future at the end as they find out they're the reason why George Washington never had any kids.

Yes / No?

3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

This sounds like a great story idea, but I'm wondering why it's in the Research part of the forum. This is usually about how to do research, or how to find a specific bit of information. Was there something specific you were looking for?

Shenanigator likes this.
  4. Bobby Burrows

IDK much about why George Washington never had any heirs, maybe he and Martha tried, maybe they didn't...

Also, I guess this'll be great to pitch any ideas so that way, people can tell me if they don't make sense.

Also, it'll be nice to see what other business models could be aided with time travel.

5. jannert

Aha. Well here's the very article that might answer your question about why they didn't have children. Unfortunately it scuppers your story idea to some extent. It looks as if he might have been infertile due to TB. Might be an idea to find another famous person. Maybe somebody who was never married at all? So the question of infertility doesn't arise at all? Ben Franklin, or somebody like that?. https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2004/02/29/first-presidents-childlessness-linked-to-disease/300a9b0b-c2da-43ac-a892-41b380a3dd31/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.64db5f6680a2

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  6. EBohio

EBohio Banned

The article said there was a blockage not that there was something wrong with his spermatazoa. Therefore, one could go back in time to do a surgical extraction. It's being done now on the recently deceased. Sperm lives for a certain number of hours after death.

I read recently of some parents suing to get the sperm of their only child that never had kids of his own yet. He's been declared brain dead and they want the sperm from him extracted just after they pull him off life support.

jannert likes this.
  7. jannert

Yeah, but it might be hard to do it to old George without pain, without his knowledge, or any evidence left behind! But yeah, I suppose he could, with the right tools....

Shenanigator likes this.
  8. EBohio

EBohio Banned

Good suspense for a story, huh...

jannert likes this.