1. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Alliance of the Sword Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by naturemage, Feb 9, 2012.

Please post all OOC posts, APPROVED character templates, and other discussions here.

2. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Oh, another new RPG. Do we post templates here, or PM them to you?

Before they're approved, I mean.

Edit: Also, what does the "Shadow" ability do? That sounds appealing to me.

3. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

To all players: Please PM me your character templates before posting them here, in order for me to approve them.

Apologies, my mistake. The Shadow ability is not available for players, as it is too powerful. I didn't realize I'd put that in there by mistake. I'll edit it out.

4. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Also, I need at least 6 players before we can start the game. It should be three of each: 3 humans, 3 Aphen.

5. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Ok, just to clarify, since there seems to be some confusion with the characters I am getting.

1- You may only play one character, human or Aphen, not both. Players must choose which they want, and characters (1 human, 1 Aphen) will be connected in game. This means two players will have to cooperate/put up with one another.
    2- Anyone who chooses to have powers will NOT have them at the beginning of the game. Please remember this for your character history. The eight chosen humans who have powers do not even know that they will have them yet.
    3- Humans are humans, Aphen are Aphen. Humans may not shapeshift into animals or other mythical beings, and Aphen cannot have a human form.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

6. Backbiter

Backbiter Member

HUMAN

Name: Correal Lomanta

Family: Sov (Brother, 35, closest to Correal), Greath (Brother, 38), Malon (Brother, 31), Zarza (Brother, 26), Talnar (Father, 64), Selion (Mother, 61)

Appearance: Correal's eyes are a shocking blue. His hair is brown and cut short. His skin is white but ever so slightly tanned. Correal stands about 5 feet and 10 inches tall. From years of sword fighting with his older siblings, he has a lean build.

Typical Clothing: Correal generally wears leather armor/padding (including bracers, chest plate, gloves, and boots) everywhere he goes, especially while traveling. When at home, he often dons simple tunics for comfort.

Description: Growing up as the youngest of five sons, Correal spent his childhood in the shadow of his older brothers. For this reason he has a somewhat defensive demeanor and strives to meet and exceed expectations. He does not like being doubted, and is very proud of his own abilities and achievements. However, he is tough from many years of competing with his siblings. His sense of humor has been slightly skewed due to his brothers' love of taunting him, and he cannot stand bullying or hurting of the weak.

Occupation: Correal, being a skilled archer, is a hunter. He brings in several kills a day and sells the animals' meat and pelts. Often he can also be seen assisting his brother Sov on his farm.

Hobbies: When he is not practicing archery, Correal fills his time keeping a journal. He writes in it daily as a method of tracking his thoughts and memories. Correal also enjoys casually singing and song writing, although he does not find himself to be any good. He also enjoys traveling, though he has never been too far from his village.

Powers: Lightning

Extra info: His brother Sov owns a farm with his wife, Reina, in the same village in which the brothers' parents live. Correal lives with Sov and Reina, who are happy to house him. Greath works as a traveling merchant, sometimes stopping in their village during his travels. Malon is a seafaring map maker, and Zarza rents himself out as a bodyguard or mercenary, rarely returning to their home village.

To clarify Correal's weapon, he uses a bow and carries a quiver full of around 30 or so arrows at a time. He also conceals a small dagger in a sheath hidden on the side of his leg.

7. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Blast! You've snatched my character's weapon-type from right under her nose!

Don't worry, I'll switch mine. :p

8. Backbiter

Backbiter Member

Ah, sorry about that! >.< I just don't usually deal with archers, so I figured I'd switch things up. Sorry it messed you up :O

9. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Human:

Name: Sarya [No last name]

Family: None

Appearance: Hazel eyes, Mid-chest length, straight, light blonde hair, height at about 5'0''

Typical Clothing: Ragged, peasant clothing. Sarya usually has a dark brown cloak around her.

Description: If she doesn’t have to speak, she won’t. If she doesn’t have to be noticed, she won’t be. Sarya is a passive and evasive character, and is extremely shy. She is also very observant, and tends to survey her situations and environment and act accordingly and logically to them.

Hobbies: Playing a flute-like instrument she recovered a few years ago. Otherwise, she is too focused on survival to find hobbies.

Powers/Equipment: Telekinesis is the Element of Choice for Sarya. She carries a small short sword, which she obtained when she was younger. Sarya is unusually stealthy, and is very good at keeping hidden and quiet.

Extra info: Sarya was abandoned on the streets as a baby by her parents. She went through many cycles of adoption and abandonment: the people in her home village tried to care for her, and then discarded her once they tired. Once she was about eight years of age, she was able to take care of herself, living off the scraps of others, and eventually moved to the wilderness. Now, she independently watches for herself, living off the lands, avoiding contact with other people, human or Aphen.

10. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Not a problem. My other RPG character is already using multitudes of ranged weapons. I'll give a stealth/sword technique a try.

11. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Ok, so far I have two players: both human, with Lightning and Telekinesis taken. I need Aphen players still, if anyone is interested in that.

12. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

I sent you my character template.

13. Rapaz

Rapaz New Member

Template sent!

14. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Sent mine

15. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

@Rapaz: your character is approved pending the changes I sent to you.
    @Mr Mr: I'm not sure I got your template. If you are referring to the one you sent me a few days ago, it's going to require some changes. Please check over the new rules that were added, and re-send your template to me.

16. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

Name: Cailek Nol
    Family: Mary Nol, and Barllo Nol
    Appearance: He has green eyes, long black hair, and is nearly 6 foot in height
    Typical Clothing: A black old robe, which hides his dual long knifes, he also wears black pointed shoes that masks most of the noise he generates.
    Description: He is calm calculating man, but is loyal and trustworthy if you persuade him you are not a threat
    Hobbies: Other than killing people, he likes scaling buildings, and exercising, along with practicing his combat skill.
    Powers: None

17. Rapaz

Rapaz New Member

APHEN
    Name: Rezo
    Aphen type: Dragon - Walking
    Powers: Breathes fire, wields a spear, he's able to create small visual illusions, feeds on fear/sadness/desperation (it gives him power/speed/energy).
    Description/Personality: Rezo is a muscular Walking Red Dragon. As a youngling he was ostracized and judged by his kind for having no wings and not being particularly big. Consequently, he became cold, distant and fierce. Training on his own he became a master of the spear, which, combined with his ability to breathe fire, makes him a ruthless killing machine. As he grew older, Rezo started growing more and more different and distant from his own kind. Most of the Aphen race dislikes and looks down on him, and he's moved to a cave by the mountains, far away from the Aphen forests.
    Extra info: Rezo usually hides his Dragon appearance under brown robes that cover his entire body. He does it because humans sometimes wander around the mountains, and there's a travel route near his cave. Despite being large and strong, his height isn't much higher than the usual human.

18. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

APHEN
    Name: Silar Carnacius
    Aphen type: Dragon-Whiptail
    Powers: Breath weapon- gust of wind that moves so fast it actually cuts things, physical attack- his tail has a sharp blade on the end, which he can use like a sword, mental power- Silar, being the chosen leader of the Aphen, has the power to sense when others near him have powers, one other power- Silar can transfer his mind into the body of a human, but only for a short period of time. While he is using this power, his body is completely vulnerable.
    Description/Personality: Silar is the leader of the Aphen, and takes his position very seriously. He is strong, distrusts most humans, and is always careful to stay out of sight.
    Extra info: Silar's home, as leader of the Aphen, is on the neutral island to the south of the continent. Only the other Aphen know where it is.

19. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

APHEN
    Name: Lux nuru

Aphen type: Light Phoenix

Powers: One breath weapon, Fires an explosive blast from his mouth.
    One strong physical attack, Solidifies his light and uses it to attack normaly (melee).
    One mental power, Can either calm or put to sleep those in the nearby area.
    One other power, Draws all the light in the surrounding area into him creating a sphere of darkness
    Lux is also able to solidify his light for various purposes.

Description/Personality: Lux is not quick to anger and prefers a peaceful resoloution, using violence as a last resort.

Extra info: Fond of birds and children.

20. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

It looks like this RPG is finally going to get up and running soon!

If I might ask, what are the main objectives of this RPG? And in what general area does everyone start? The original post is a little vague on those parts.

21. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

Once w know where to start I can begin planning my first post.

22. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

That was the intention. As far as the general area, you can start in either country you like. The island to the south is off limits.
    The main objectives will become clear after my first post. As I said, the original post was meant to be vague.

23. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Okay everyone, first post is up. Let the Alliance begin!

24. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

I'llhave a look, it might be a while before I post though.

25. Rapaz

Rapaz New Member

I didn't quite understand... The goal of both the Human and Aphen is to find the sword? All of this has been very vague...

Do Human and Aphen work together or against each other?