1. The Syreth Clan

The Syreth Clan New Member

Stepping into new lands

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Syreth Clan, Jan 15, 2017.

Hey everyone!

'We are' the Syreth Clan, but in reality, it's just 'I', the name is to encompass all my pennames so far. You can call me Mel though.

I've started as a fanfiction writer circa five years ago, and got roughly 250k words of experience behind my back in two novels and several short stories, most of these which I'm not very proud of to be entirely honest. I joined here in order to expand my horizons, and learn to create something from the ground-up, not just from elements salvaged from other works.

My area is low-conflict Slice of Life/Fantasy stories one might even call fairytales. Very... unorthodox fairytales. My main project runs by the name of The Sector, something that have been everything from a 3D comic to a video game... but complete. It's high time to change that.

I know myself, I know my plans, the only thing I don't know are people who I can ask for help or discuss matters with. That's what I hope to achieve. And maybe find some interesting reads while I'm at it.

I guess that's all, hope to talk to you soon.

2. Dnaiel

Dnaiel Senior Member

Hi, Mel. Please be aware that a lot of regulars don't visit the New Member Intros, so you'll probably be called by your user name.

And I think you've come to a great place for those questions. I've had all of mine answered. There are a lot of experienced, published writers here who know what they're talking about and the various sections here are excellent for building and improving skills. Hopefully, in time, you'll feel confident enough to take pride in your work. And you'll indeed find some interesting reads here. Look for contest-winning contributions here, for starters. And have fun!

A man called Valance likes this.