1. Windreda

Windreda New Member

Our City Under Cloudless Skies Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Windreda, Oct 14, 2013.

I didn't really feel a need to post this up until all character sheets were in but it is probably necessary. Any public concerns, thread discussion, general chat, character sheets, or anything you feel the utmost need to include in a discussion should be included here. Have fun children!

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Good, then I'm gonna PM you my idea of character.
    Yet first a question.
    Can a character be something more neutral (In what he does and respect his life), yet in morality issues and own ideas he is kinda like going for one side?.
    In other words, despite being part of one of the two groups (In what moral respects), due to the way his life works he acts neutral toward both?

3. Windreda

Windreda New Member

By Neutral do you mean he isn't part of one group but believes in the views of one side more than the other or that he is part of the one group but doesn't necessarily have the same radical views as they do?

4. lixAxil

Well s/he could have the same radical views even, however he s/he part of no group xD.
    S/he may add any of both group according to convenience or situation, etc. That's what I mean by neutral

5. Windreda

Windreda New Member

Fair enough, playing the card of not adhering to both sides but choosing a group that would be most beneficial to the current situation. Go for it.

6. lixAxil

K' though still thinking of the plot of my character xD.

7. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

I think I will be joining this one. I am really quite conflicted on what side to go for. I think I will go for a rebel, but on the other hand I am somewhat concerned that everyone will be a rebel. Oh well...

8. Windreda

Windreda New Member

My character will become rather skewed in her views and sides with the Haven Police so at least on person will be on the side of law enforcement. :)

9. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

@Windreda Corollary to the previous question: Are you going to be in charge of all of the villains (tyrants in the establishment, terrorists in the rebellion) and the rest of us will be playing heroes (patriots in the establishment, freedom fighters in the rebellion), or will some of us be allowed to make villains?

10. Windreda

Windreda New Member

Hell no. While I admit I have two villains (Three technically) that I plan on implementing and controlling by all means make that person that just all around isn't a good person. That being said though in an RP it's very hard to point the finger of who's good or bad as everyone will commit some sin in some way or another. All that really matters is how you develop your character in a two sided conflict.

11. Simpson17866

Oh, this is going to be fun ;)

12. lixAxil

New question.
    So the artistic side is just part of a rebel group.
    Although in our current era some ways to express art are looked down while others are praised, how do things work in this world?
    I mean, the rebel group may include everything that's up to rebellion, even matching things that in our reality would be very weird to see matched.

13. Windreda

Windreda New Member

Most forms of creativity and expression are banned so to make things simpler the government has the full right to define what is considered Free Thinking idealism. Sure in Haven's economy there exists some sense of human ingenuity, however most forms of creative expression are simply outright banned which of course means that some basic freedoms we may enjoy in reality are taken away. In short there are few exceptions however the term is so malleable that everything can be included illegal if the government deems it so. There once have been reasons for such measures but as society slowly began to slowly accept this change small minorities of course would rise up and fight back. This isn't just about a battle between two sides, it's a war to shape the very city with two sides with very radical ideas shouting that they are right.

How Haven evolves is up to you all.

14. Windreda

Windreda New Member

From all of you posting up weapons manufacturers and distributing arms I apologize for not really including this very well in the main post. The reason why Haven clans revolved around nonviolence before was because it was mostly only the government that had access to any real source of weapons. EDEN is so well known to have grown to power as opposed to any other clan was because she was the catalyst (I'm saying she because EDEN embodies a girl, whether she is a girl/boy/one person/multiple people/alive remains to be seen) in sparking full fledged war, teaming up with The Runners first in distributing her own supplied weapons to the other clans who would ally with her. I'm not saying you all can't distribute weapons, make your own, or even have free access with them because that isn't the case. Just keep in mind where the original supplies came from as this was one of the key reasons that EDEN came into power in the first place.

Just had to get that across, still going through character sheets but I'm not really being too picky on them. Mine will be up soon.

15. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Apparently the
    random text
    thing we used to have doesn't work anymore. Anyway, there's a bit of a spoiler in the second CS. I could have left it out if the fact that it will be visible bothered me, but I didn't leave it out so feel free to read it if you feel like it.

Name: Rogue
    Side: Free Thinkers
    Appearance: Rogue has dyed her hair bright orange/red with yellow highlights (like this without the dreadlocks), she has green eyes and she’s about 5’ 9 (1.75) tall.
    Clan/Organization: Children of Liberty
    The Children of Liberty fight for freedom of self-expression, but also for freedom of opinion and beliefs. They believe it is wrong to tell people what they are and are not allowed to think and believe in. Despite this belief they rebel through both spreading illegal art and violence, because Rogue believes it is impossible to change Haven peacefully.
    Brief Biography/Personality: Rogue (born as Elizabeth Calida) was born with a passion for music and visual arts, but her parents taught her to hide her interests for those things at a young age. As she grew up she forgot about the existence of either of the art forms and the only thing that was left of it was an occasional feeling of loss or emptiness.
    When Elizabeth was 13 years old her parents were taken away and sent to one of the special institutions. Since that moment she has tried to find her parents and free them, but even now, 8 years later, she is not much closer to finding them than she was the moment they were taken away.
    The search for her parents brought Elizabeth to the Haven police. She worked for them for about a year before she found out about the Free Thinkers movement. Now she realized why her parents were taken away Elizabeth decided to continue what they had done to honor the memory of them. She joined the Runners.
    When the Runners got involved with EDEN and the organization and goals of the clan changed Elizabeth left them.
    When she realized she had always worked for others and never followed her own heart and beliefs Elizabeth Calida denounced her birth name and decided to be known as Rogue from that moment on. She started a small clan of her own. Her clan involved musicians, writers, visual artists and hackers who were part of the Free Thinkers movement, but didn’t want to get involved with EDEN who seemed to be taking over all of the biggest and most successful clans in the city of Haven.
    Since denouncing her birth name and starting her own clan Rogue has put most of her time and effort into running the clan and planning acts of rebellion. Rogue is angry at the people of Haven and the big clans for not protecting her parents, even though she knows there’s nothing they could have done, therefor she seems cold hearted and hateful. Despite what most people think she can care about people a lot; she would give her life for any of the members of her clan.
    Other: Although they don’t work with or for EDEN Rogue’s clan got their hands on some weapons.

Name: Jethro Triggs
    Appearance: Jethro has ice blue eyes, dark hair –although he usually shaves it off because he thinks it gets in the way when it’s too long- and a scar across the left side of his face from his forehead to his cheek. Jethro’s about 6’3 (1.90) tall and muscular due to lots of combat training.
    Clan/Organization: Children of Liberty
    Brief Biography/Personality: Both of Jethro’s parents were members of the Writers Clan of Free Thinkers. Jethro -who was not gifted with words the way his parents were-left at a rather young age, because he didn’t feel like the Writers Clan was his place. When he finally came to understand what the conflict between the Free Thinkers and the people of Haven meant he did not choose a side, but he fought for both the Free Thinkers and the Haven police as a mercenary for a couple of years.
    (Spoiler from here on)
    If anyone is responsible for the disappearing of Rogue’s parents Jethro is the one; when the Haven police found out about Jethro’s work as a mercenary he offered to tell them about the locations of clan members if they would let him go.
    Jethro has felt guilty about being the reason Rogue’s parents were captured ever since and he has been hoping to make up for it someday. After the moment Rogue's parents were taken Jethro has never really left; he was still part of the Haven police force when she joined, he followed her when she left the Haven police to join the Runners and he became her right hand when Rogue started a clan of her own.
    Other: Jethro has never told Rogue how he was involved in the capturing of her parents, he knows she still believes he was not involved at all.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    Macaberz and Simpson17866 like this.
  16. Simpson17866

Name: Matthew Brown Kendrick (street name: Fire Ant)

Appearance: Tall, pale, and scrawny, but not exceptionally so; when not working, wears jackets with lots of hidden pockets

Clan/Organization: The Runners

Brief Biography/Personality: When Matthew and his older brother Donnie were teenagers, they protested Haven’s regime primarily through music (Donnie) and “vandalism” (Matthew). After Donnie was murdered in the streets for being caught with a boyfriend, Matthew devoted the rest of his life to fighting the regime far more violently. Without access to good firearms, he taught himself to make DIY explosives, various trick-weapons such as ballistic knives, and spent years stockpiling his arsenal and waiting for the right time to start using it.

He didn’t want his displays of violence to be written off as the work of just some random psycho(s) that didn’t amount to anything, so he and his more militant friends in the Runners spent the first few years trying to come up with some dramatic avatar that their attacks could be dedicated to when they finally started using Matthew’s weapons so that the demonstrations would be better remembered.

Before they could use any of the bombs or personae that they were most happy with, EDEN started broadcasting, organizing various Free Thinker groups, and arming them with military-grade hardware, and Matthew and his friends jumped at the chance to start using their new weapons in the name of this new symbol of the resistance.

He believes that there are no “innocent bystanders” in Haven, that the only people who are put in danger by the bombings are either the villains who deserve to die for supporting the regime or the heroes who should be happy to die in order for EDEN to fight the regime.

Other: Officially, he works as a janitor for the metro system

Tara and Macaberz like this.
  17. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Just wondering who's in this RP, because we only have two people who posted their CS so far.

And it's kind of quiet in this discussion thread. People...
    [​IMG]

18. lixAxil

Markie will play. I will play, is just I hadn't send my CS yet.

19. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Yay, more people.
    Did we meet yet? I don't think we met yet, so: hi, nice to meet you :D

20. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

curse it. time limits...school work... uhgnnn... well i've crammed posts within five minutes before i can do it again. Besides, im interested in making a character who doesn't want to get in trouble but just loves doing one thing way too much to not do it (aka: drawing)

21. Tara

Tara Senior Member

I know the feeling. One of the advantages of re-doing the year ('cause you used to write/draw too much and work on school too little) is not having to put as much time into school because you already know everything anyway :D

22. Keitsumah

not gonna happen. just sped through my identity marks for the buisness i am creating (in Graphic design atm) and now i have free time

23. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Heh. I have free time too, and a one week holiday ^-^
    I'm currently working on my first digital drawing ever (a drawing of Rogue, 'cause I had inspiration). It's turning out pretty well so far, but I worked on one eye for 5 hours and I'm still not done.

24. Keitsumah

@Windreda, sent my CS to ya, and as a side not realize that though she is neutral atm, she could sway either way.

@Tara lucky... and omg ou spent five hours on a EYE!??? I would go nuts just working on something for that long alone.

omg the drawing of the mer-corns i made very nearly did... took me a week...

25. lixAxil

Good to met ya then, my name is Ne, Asu Ne.
    I've been busy with exams and adicted to Pokemon again, hence the delay.
    Also don't wanna send my character's CS until I had created its whole plot in my head before.