STEAK! (The fuudz topic)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Crazy Ivan, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Only once.
    I had worked a night shift, and just went straight to bed when I got home.
    So when I woke up I spent an hour making a fantastic BBQ steak dinner, for myself and my roommates. With about 5 minutes to go before the steaks were done, I got a call from work saying I was suppose to be in 3 minutes ago.
    I hadn't eaten since 2am the night before, and the manager said he wouldn't write me up if I skipped my one break.
    So when I got home at 12 I was famished. Fortunately my roommates had left me a steak, and veges (I had threatened death if they ate everything). So as I heated the steak up in the oven, my mouth was literally watering.
    It was a really good steak.

2. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

A nice attempt at netspeak, atleast you are trying!
    But apparently it is not allowed, but -

You got the touch
    You got the power

And etc.

3. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I made somethingg interesting for my dinner last night, I cooked up some spuds and carrot and broccoli, nothign interesting, then I cooked rice, had to be mushy! :D and then I fried up mince, added mushrooms, red capsicum, celery and I put some powdered gravy mix in, stired it around a bit and even cracked two eggs into the mix! I looked it and was thinking greeeaaat I just wasted a while bunch of good food but it tasted bloody excellent! Fantastic! I love cooking... when I can be bothered being domesticated!

4. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

No bears in the house until they're potty-trained.

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Oi! I'm potty trained, just lazy when it comes to cooking sometimes. But when I cook, I cook! Heh, my boyfriend thinks I'm a 'keeper' because I can cook!

6. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Yes, because guys always purchase the girls with the most accessories and features. Ooh... this girl comes with a nice granite counter-top and 3 full bathrooms.

I don't know either.

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

you are a nutter! :p hmm, speakign of food. I should cook mine, light the inside fire as well, my fingers and toes are numb!

8. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I love food.

I really enjoy Multicultural week in Western Australia, there's always a celebration food market- with all different foods on offer.

So far, the not-so-ordinary-foods I've tried are shark, goanna, emu and kangaroo- kangaroo probably being my favourite. Emu wasn't too bad, tasted like lamb.

I love seafood, especially mudcrab. I remember my Dad went out a captured some mudcrabs and he cooked them all a few hours later for dinner. Most delicious, sweet, fresh meat ever.

I feel sorry for those allergic to shellfish.

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

As do I. My son is allergic to lobster, sadly. Knowing how he enjoys nearly every other food I have set before him, I'm sure he would love lobster if he could eat it.

10. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

i love cold pizza. i buy a 12 inch on the night, eat most of it and leave 2 or 3 slices for the morning for breakfast. my mam is going out to get me fish and chips for tea soon. yummy. :D

11. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

yummmmm..... pizzzaaaa..... fish and chips.... *homer inspired drooling* I'm a too big a fan of chips. Or fries if ya wanna be picky! :p

Where i am, we are actually supplying very top notch truffles to massivly posh resteraunts. (I can never spell that word!) I never had any, too rich for my blood, well wallet really!

12. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Actual truffles, as in subterranean mushrooms? Wow!

13. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Yeah. they all got excited over it and now it's boming. They have had chefs from France and America and yeah, they just come and sniff them and use them and now there is a resteraunt.

Hint.. I live in the south west of W.A in the timber country!