1. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.

A little old perhaps.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ferret, Jul 21, 2008.

Yeah, I was a little amazed at some of the really, really good, mature and overall interesting and non-lackluster stuff there was in the series finale of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I mean, I really like the final fight between Zucko and Azula; the music was amazing during that sequence.
    Any other thoughts?

Actually, there were moments of amazing spread out throughout the entire series.

2. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Princess Azula went crazy, in a believable way, especially during the end of that fight. I like that Aang stayed true to his own beliefs and found another way to win. There were so many good things about that series. It inspired me a lot. I'll probably end up renting the DVDs because I haven't seen every episode.

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I hope they end up doing what they did with Battlestar with it. Not that it was bad, but I would love to see a more adult version of the series.

4. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I haven't watched the show for a good couple of years, but I remember it to be a fairly mature and well-done show for a kids' cartoon.

5. Steak-Ums

Steak-Ums New Member

I hate the fact Aang didn't take the guys head off, or at least fire bend him into stone or something...

- Love the Azula sequence were she went mad with the fire spouting and all that other ish. Loved it.

- Wondering if it really was the end because of the mother thing with Zuko, it really left a door open.

- And it would have been great if a MC had died, because it sorta made it lackluster. Espeically when the kid with the boomerang and the blind girl were about to fall. They should have fell.

- Hated the lion turtle.

6. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

I believe there is going to be another project in the Avatar universe. At least, that's what was hinted towards in an interview available through Wikipedia.

The Lion Turtle was somewhat of a deus ex machina. I couldn't even hear most of what he said.

7. Steak-Ums

Steak-Ums New Member

Oh, and Katara should have used bloodbending on Azula.

8. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Zucko should have kicked her butt. It's the only thing I wanted to see.
    Hats off to the writers for what they did with Zucko's character transformation.

Val. Yeah, but I'd like it if if were actually written for the majority demographic that watched it.

9. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

It would be interesting if they released something more orientated toward adults, but since they've already addressed that it's a kids' show, I don't think it'll happen. Still, I totally agree with you.