1. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Strike: The Cuckoo's Calling

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Fernando.C, Sep 4, 2017.

Has anyone here watched the BBC adaptation of J. K. Rowling's Cormoran Strike crime series?

The adaptation of the first book (the Cuckoo's Calling) concluded yesterday with the last episode of the 3-part series.

Second book's adaptation, Strike: The Silkworm is set to premiere on Sep 10th and that'll be a 2 parter.

I've watched the first two episode, gonna watch the third tonight. And I'm really pleased so far with how it's turned out. The casting for Cormoran and Robin, the 2 leads, are great. Both actors do an amazing job of capturing the personality and spirit of their characters and they have great chemistry with eachother.

I've read the books so I knew whodunnit but it's still no less entertaining to watch.

The character moments between the leads are very satisfying to watch for me and one of the main strength of both the books and the tv adaptation.

Overall a well done and entertaining series in my opinion. I also really love the opening credits and the theme song.

So have any of you guys watched it? If so what do you think of it? Have you read the books as well?