Struggle Across the Tyrannical Dawn

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Leaka, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I look at the flier for a moment and then get mad. "So first you kick me out of your store, then you leave me outside to die, and now you want me to join a... BOOK CLUB!" I say my voice not at a yell but loud. It was insane. "What are you thinking?" I said and then coughed a bit. I sat up, and rubbed my head, the head ache was mostly gone. "Thanks." i say to Tatee and Ares, then turn to the owner. "So what is your deal. You follow the rules when it's safe, when it suits you? Are you that much a coward? First you tell me I have to leave, then you sneak me food, then you leave me to die, but now you don't kick me out to my almost certain death, pick a side and stick up for it." I finished and leaned back, coughing, I may have over done it, my head ache was back. I smile. "You've got a beutiful voice Tatee."

2. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Allan looked at the boy.
    "I don't want to touch you....if I touch you I will hurt you," Allan said, "I wasn't following the rules I was trying to keep everyone safe."
    Allan looked at the young boy.
    "Drink some water it will help," Allan said.
    Allan went back to shuffling books around sorting them a newer edition to an older edition.
    "And if you haven't realized you choose to leave,"

3. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"What ever you say coward." I said a bit to tired to stay mad. Funny how almost dieing can do that to a person. "So why a book club if you don't want people to see me in your shop?" I had to ask, and leaned up taking a sip of water. I leaned back down and stared at the ceiling, what would it take to burn this dictator to ashes, more than my pathitic powers. Not much I could do at all.

4. Bick

Bick New Member

She stepped back, and looked from Jack to the store owner. Jack was right, just a little. She sighed, and looked up towards the book owner. Couldn’t touch huh? Was he afraid of affection too? The skin of another touching him? She shivered at the thought, and eyed him sympathetically.

“I can’t… either.” She muttered, “Touch someone that is. But… how could you hurt them?”

She blushed and looked at Jack, “Thanks…”

She listened to their his bitter words, and she sighed. Her glove hand went tentatively to his shoulder, and she went close to his ear, “Everyone has reason to fear. There are those that take a step forward, many of them die. Death is a real fear, and sometimes taking the step is an even bigger fear. It doesn’t make him less of a person. It makes him human. He has choices, and he has a mind the protects him. He does what is right with him, and bitterness doesn’t help my friend. Let your heart open up. Let yourself understand everyone is different in how they handle things. We are all human, after all.”

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Allan just looked at the two.
    "It's simple my powers allow me to pry into people's world," Allan said, "Sometimes it's something negative and sometimes its positive.....everything gets passed down onto me their emotions and the vision of what happens."
    Allan walked back to the books and began to work. He wasn't trying to be rude, he wasn't trying to kick anyone out, and he wasn't following the rules exactly.
    "I didn't want them to hurt you," Allan said to the young boy, "They would see someone like you and look right into you....they would definitely stop us before we had a chance, a chance for freedom or rebellion."

6. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I was so shocked from Tatee's hand on my shoulder, I blushed a little and I almost missed the attempted rebelion speach, weakest speech i've ever heard to stir the soul of the unhappy and bring the masses to his side, but then again he was talking to three of us. "Are you sure you won't worry about breaking the rules." I teased but my heart wasn't in it now. "I smiled, "So tell me more?" I asked, as I realized that this old man might have more balls than I had originaly given him credit for. "And I better get a shot at our beloved dictator." I added, just loud enough for everyone to hear, I didn't care if I had to gouge his eyes out, I'd find a way to kill him for what he took from me.

7. Bick

Bick New Member

She could almost hear his footsteps as he walked into her room. The door squeaked as it slowly opened. The smell of the alcohol on his breath was thick, and his breathing was even thicker. She could hear the small laughs escaping his lips as he entered her room. He hand went to her mouth, with a slow motion, but with great force. Her eyes shot open and she made no attempt to scream. Her eyes darted all around, looking for something to hit him with. He was going to hurt her again, and she couldn’t do anything abou—

Her hand shot from his shoulder, and she backed away towards the corner as she heard the rebellion talk. She tried to bring a smile to her face, but it never came. Her hand throbbed as if she had just touched a hot iron and the tears swelled in her eyes. She leaned against a wall, and rolled into a semi-ball, hugging her knees, the book in-between her legs and her chest.

“Doctor Zhivago it is then?” she asked, with a half-hearted laugh.

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"I have never had a problem with breaking the rules...I've broken plenty," Allan said, "Men deserve a rebellion because men are who created the lands and in return the lands gave man life. If a man's land is being controlled he deserves his right to rebel.
    For his freedom and the freedom all around. To free the land again."
    Allan continued shuffling books. He was quite embarrassed now.

9. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I watched Tatee realize her mistake and move far back, looking scared of me, tears in her eyes. I felt my own copying hers as I wondered if this is how she had looked when they had come to kill her, to take her life for something she had no part in. I wanted to say something to comfort her but couldn't think of anything, so I gave her a forced smile.

"No man is govorned or controled with out giving up his freedom voletarily." I said in way of agreeing with him. The book keeper might be on the right track. As long as he didn't exspect me to follow his lead, like the shirt said, I was in no ones chain, no one controled me and i controled no one. "But do we have anyone who can be of use, I minipulate light, you read memories, and the most usefull one here is Tatee, that I know of." I didn't know the Ares could do, but if it wasn't something dangerous we might fail horribly.

10. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"I am of use in the sense that I know the layout of the town....the layout of the town when Diablo came to power," Allan said.
    Allan continued shuffling books. He was trying to keep out of his head or he would start doubting himself. He would stop functioning and he didn't want anyone to see him in a horrible mess.
    Allan's hands were shaking as he placed the books on their respective shelves. But he controlled it by picking up heavier books to make the weight look like the problem.

11. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"So no one can throw or blow things up with a thought?" I asked and was ammused to learn that we will probably all die in our first raid. "Sounds interesting." I confessed and stood up feeling better. I glanced worriedly at Tatee again. "The patrols should be done soon, It might be better if I left." I said glancing at Tatee again. I had scared her, I should leave her alone, she was to nice, I don't know what I did but i'm sure it's my fault. "I'm not one for scheduals so i'll pop in later to find out what you guys are doing." I said and headed for the back door, giving Tatee plenty of room as I passed her.

12. Bick

Bick New Member

She opened her mouth to speak, but said nothing as she watched him go out the back door. She looked at the bookstore own, and back into the darkness from outside. She really needed to get home anyway. She ran after Jake, and quickly caught up with him in a quick sprint. She looked at him through the darkness, and managed a smile.

“Can’t leave me so soon, now can you?” she muttered. She went to a trot at his side.

“Where do you live? I live in those raunchy old apartments that might as well bit a roach motel.”

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"You two come back," Allan said.
    Allan went after the two children. Allan had a bad vibe from the outside and he rather them be safe.
    Allan looked at them.
    "It wouldn't be safe after all one of you's did just get gas," Allan said.

14. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Devil shook the map of the city which lay in his war room, and the soldiers fell down.

"Jean, rearrange them for recruitment in 56.3546 Degree and 45.9873 Degree."

Jean nodded and the soldier figures rose with her telekinetic proficiency, and arranged towards a bookstore.

"Well, I'm a generous man indeed."

He thought out loud as he announced the new missions for all infantries and cavalries.

"We all know how we recruit, and it shouldn't have to be reinstated. When you get the man - "

Devil paused walking around his stage.

"Or if needed, anyone else - report to me or your skin will be peeled off and genitals will be devoured."

He cackled, and then cleared his throat.

"Dismissed."

15. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Ares sits there thinking to himself.

......A siren, a telepath, and an illusionist. They could come in handy. This "book club" might just work afterall.....

"Hey you two, Allen is right. You should stay here for a little while."

16. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I just made it outside when it seemed everyone except Tatee insisted I return to the book store. I gave Tatee a appologitic look before the others arrived, I didn't even have time to appologize for what ever it is I did. I looked up at the two, scowled a bit. "I don't need your pitty, or your protection." I said firmly. Sure I had almost died, but I had done it my way, free. "Rather die from my own stupidity than to be sheltered and protected, and pitied." I said and then turned back to Tatee, gave her another weak smile. "I stay in an abadoned house... Y-you don't want to go there." I said thinking of the smell of blood that still existed in the house, the smell I had gotten used to finally, I shivered, why should someone ever be used to that smell, it was wrong.

17. Shadow Dragon

"Are you really going to walk away from potentiel allies, fool. You want to take down Devil, correct? Do you think you can do it alone?" says Ares with a grin. "Which is more important to you, your over inflated pride, or a chance at taking down this empire?"

18. Bick

Bick New Member

She shook her head and went forward, ignoring the men behind her. She gave a look to Jack, as if telling him he should probably follow. She was quick to turn the corner, as she slid the cigarette from her satchel she lit it and waited for her friend. She knew she had to stop by her apartment, she just hoped they’d make it back to the bookstore in one piece. Two were better then one after all.

19. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"Clever tactic their, but I said i'd be back, and I meant it. Not big on being minipulated either." I said a bit of anger in my voice. "You two look like you love to plan plot and make up rules, so go ahead, let me know when there's something you need, incase you havn't read the shirt, not big on confines." I said, and as I said read the shirt the words appeared to float off the shirt and get a little bigger infront of the girly man. Anarchy. They hovered their for a moment, grew bigger and popped, in a cloud of illusionary smoke.

I had kept up the image while walking after Tatee. I rounded the corner and their she was with a cig. "Hey, sorry to keep you waiting." I said, not able to keep eye contact, I still hadn't appologized for what ever I had done inside.

20. Bick

Bick New Member

She inhaled deeply, the smoke rose above her in a small cloud. She smiled at him before starting at a slow trot towards her apartment. She could see the guilt written on his face, and it saddened her.

“You didn’t do a thing.” She muttered, “I promise.”

She coughed, a wheeze escaped her lips. Yet, it almost seemed angelic. So was her gift. She went quicker, holding the staff tightly in her hand.

“I’ve got a few things… in my place that can help us. Maybe even help you.” She said, “I’ve been hiding them since I got here. No one looks in a rat’s nest apartment like mine, they just don’t care.”

21. Shadow Dragon

.......What a fool. Humanity can't survive in anarchy. All it does is breed the next generation of dictators. If he only understood history....

Ares turns to Allen and says "If you want him to play along, you're going to need to get Tatee to convince him." Ares goes back inside and finishes his donut and latte. He looks through the philosophy section. He picks out a book written by Nietzsche and pays for it. He walks down the street to the post office and mails the book back to his homw. After a few minutes he returns to the book store and asks Allen "So, do you have any plans on how you're going to organize this so called book club?"

22. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I cheered up a bit after she told me that what ever had happened wasn't my fault, though I figured it was more she forgave me for it than it not being my fault. I kept up with her, breathing heavily, after all I had almost died. "A few things?" I asked my interest caught. "You're more dangerous than you seem." I teased as we went. Perhaps a gun, or at least a knife, i'd need something to kill that bastard if I could ever get close enough.

23. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Name: Tantalizer
    Psycho powers: Hyperspeed
    Fears: None
    Appearance: Tall woman with multiple shades of brown in her silky hair which reaches her hips. She usually ties her hair in a bun or braids it. She has fiery amber eyes, and her features are totally against her cause.
    History: Unfortunately, the amnesic girl knows nothing of her past, including her relationship with Tatee as her sister.

24. Bick

Bick New Member

She laughed.

“You’re right about that. I can do a lot more then you’d think.”

She stopped pretty suddenly. She could hear the voices of the soldiers nearby. She would usually dash around the alleys, and get by but she couldn’t with her friend there. She went close to him, just inches from his face and went at a low whisper.

“Can you hide us while they walk by?” she asked.

She let the cigarette fall to the ground, her boot smudged it out.

25. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I felt her hot breath on my face and bearly managed to subdue a shiver. She's not her, she never will be. I told myself, remebering a summer that seemed like ages ago, her parents had left town, I had snuck over even though her parents had said no guests and... I pushed the thoughts from my mind and made us invisible. "Sure." I replied and watched as they walked slowly past, again I was tempted to do something but didn't, not yet, and definaly not with Tatee, here, I'd never forgive myself if I got her hurt.

They certainly moved slowly. quieted my breath, worried about being found last time, how had it happened, must have had some type of heat vision or something, but that shouldn't have worked, light creates heat, oh well then yes it would have worked, a large hot spot. I'd have to figure out what happened remove it as a threat. They were gone now. "All gone, but i'm gona keep the invisibility up." I told her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.