1. JaimeL

JaimeL New Member

Struggling with middle of novel

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by JaimeL, Dec 27, 2015.

I've written 20,000 words of my work so far, I know how it's going to end and I've visualized what ultimately happens to characters, the story will be a few novels long.

I have a lot of POV/main characters like ASoIaF (about 10/12), it's nowhere near as complicated, they're all in the same place for one thing. Some characters are more important than others and have more chapters weighted towards them as a result.

My problem is I don't know what's going to happen in my less action filled chapters that drive character development and motivations, have any of you come across a problem like this and how did you overcome it?

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I haven't had that problem but I did have the problem of story parts without the overall story design. I wrote the parts as they were, not worrying about cohesiveness and in the end it's all coming together nicely.

3. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

Read Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight V. Swain. Scene-n-Sequel is the answer.