1. Hunt3rx1

Hunt3rx1 New Member

A plot for a fantasy book.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Hunt3rx1, Dec 29, 2009.

Hi guys, I am new here. The main reason i joined, was to ask what you all think about my idea for my first attempt at a fantasy book. Ill list the very basic plot.

1000 years ago, Two powerful entitys or gods as some called them. Came down from the heavens, the god of Harmonia gave beatiful htings to the civilised peoples of Polynasia the human continent of the world of Zodiaca. The other god however, Zodiac, the god of death and stars. He gave the humans weapons, so they could butcher any who was a follower of Harmonia.

Many wars broke out between the cities of Polynasia. Religious wars.

Eventualy in the 900th century, strange three foot humanoids, who flew pirate ships through the ksy appeared on the continent of Polynasia. They were swept up in the inerstia of the wars, and eventualy took it into their own hands to stop humans butchering each other.

The temple or the catacombs of Zodiaca, was chosen as a target for the pinnacle of Gnomish engineering the grand cannon, they sunk all the followers of Zodiac beneath the ocean, and all men forgot about the second god of Zodiaca.

However, he had twelve sons, known as the Zodiac brothers, each had a zodiac sign. They represented the holy stars from the heavens of Zodiaca, and after their fathers temple sunk they were told to bring revenge upon humanity and the gnomes.

20 years pass, the story begins.

A young mercernary who was living in a small town known as Windthorpe (on the Rokka grassland), was sought out by noblemen who offered to cross his palm with silver guilders if he assasinated the king of Fireneze. He and a female companion left on horseback for the city of Fireneze. On the way there, three strange gnomish bandits attack them, and end up fleeing for their life, when they notice the young man can weild a sword.

They arrive at the castle of Fireneze, only to meet another assasin from Sirolea named Edgar. He fills them in on a twist, that they were not supposed to kill the king, they were supposed to be caught and executed whilst the real assasination was taken hold of. He says the nobles who hired him are from the rich house known as The Lar Zodiac house.

After the plot thickens, the assassins and a polatician end up fleeing from Fireneze on an airship. However they needed a crew, so a jailbreak ensued and they released the famed captain of the Blackhart airship. The fastest Fireneze airship ever made.

They were in need of a crew, so the captain scrounged (comic releif characters) up three gnome bandits known as Johnagum Bubblegum and Bobligum. The smae three who attemtped to rob the assasins for their money or their wifes. (literally they wanted their wifes.)

The now ragtag group escapes from Fireneze and heads towards Sirolea in search of answers, the polotician says he knows the king of Sirolea, and if anyone can tell him what is happenening it shall be him.

Thats all i have so far, does the plot seem any good?:confused:

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

3. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

^^this.

Its sounds good. Thats all I can say

4. writewizard

writewizard New Member

To me, it does not matter about the plot. It matters how well you can right the story. I would start etching out the story and doing what you can to make it believable. In time you can decide whether you should publish it or whether you should simply throw it in the trash. I think you should start it - I'd read it. :)

5. thePenDragon

thePenDragon New Member

I love fantasy, and I read a lot of it. I'm afraid this sounds a little generic to me, at first glance, at least.

I think there might be room to dig deeper into this, though. Is there a complex, overarching theme of political subterfuge that will be revealed in the end (I love those!)? Or can you drive the story with deep characters, and so make it grander than a stereotypical fantasy plot?

I think there are some good elements here, but if this were my idea, I wouldn't start writing on it until I had fleshed it out more. Just my opinion, of course! :)