1. zaffy

zaffy Active Member

Contests Submitting short story to another country.

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by zaffy, Jun 7, 2020.

I have finished a short story and ready to submit. Story is based in UK. Should I restrict my choice of competitions to ones organised in the UK and judged by UK judges?

2. Cdn Writer

Cdn Writer Contributor Contributor

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America
    Currently Reading::
    TRYING (!!!) to read Eric Flint's "Ring of Fire" series.......it's soooo many books!!!!!
    You could but I think you'd be fine here. We have an international group of members. Off the top of my head - Jannert is in Scotland, I'm in Canada, Iain is in Japan, OurJudd is in England, there's a few people from Italy and so on......

Scott

3. Laughing Rabbit

Laughing Rabbit Active Member

Do you mean for this forum or for competitions outside of this forum? If this forum, it's perfectly fine to submit your stories to the contests no matter what country you're from. If outside this forum, then competitions usually have guidelines stating any restrictions. If they don't mention country of origin, then it's usually safe to assume you can submit it. Otherwise, the rules will/should state clearly if the contest is limited to a specific country.

4. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

I don't see any reason you should restrict submissions to only the UK just because the story is set there.

5. zaffy

zaffy Active Member

Thanks everyone.