1. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Celtic Gods Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by gibble410, Aug 26, 2016.

"When magic meets blood, only chaos will reign!"

This is the Celtic Gods RP discussion, let's start up a storm! Magic, rum, animals, warriors, and peasants will join forces to free the gods of old!

Post your template here after approved by GM.

th (2).jpg th (1).jpg th (2).jpg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  2. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Name: Faer McDoyle
    Appearance: Black shoulder length hair, black beard. Ugly face, one eye larger than the other, nose crooked to one side. Has a small pair of horns sprouting from his head. Tall and thin. Wears dark leather clothes and a helmet that covers half of his face.
    Spells/Weapons: Shapeshifting- Finn's Puca blood allows him to take the form of a horse, dog, goat, fish, and wolf.
    Call- Faer can mimic any voice he hears to a perfection
    Heavy spear
    Class: Warrior/Mageish
    Pet: none
    Patron: Flidais
    Personal details: Faer is a Puca changeling, shapechanging fairies of havoc and mischief, replacing a human child his family kidnapped. Descovered his fairy heritage at the age of thirteen. He tried to mix with the human society, but was shunned wherever he went. The Sidhe refused to accept him as well, saying he was "tainted", as he spent so much time with the humans. He lives at the edge of society, robbing and hunting to survive, sometimes working as a mercenary

zoupskim and gibble410 like this.
  3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Name: Aidan Darcy (Dark Fire in celtic)
    Appearance: Dark hair, dark eyes, pale skin, dressed in scale armour of the roman pattern but painted black with pitch
    Spells/Weapons: a sword and a bow , a spell which allows him to comunicate telepathically with his eagle (see below)
    Class: Warrior.
    Pet/Animal: An eagle - Fiacra
    Patron God/Goddess: Agrona - the goddess of carnage
    Backstory/Basic Facts/Other: Life has give Aidan nothing, he had to take it all at the point of a sword, an acccomplished warrior despite his youth , he remains a virgin, because the goddess Agrona has made love to him in a dream and told him that having sex with a mortal woman will mean losing his skill at arms.

4. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Name: Corrin of Crowham
    Appearance: A short man with dark hair and murky green eyes. His build is lithe, though he's managed to force some sense of athleticism on to it
    Spells/Weapons: Spear, shield, bow
    Class: Warrior
    Pet/Animal: A hunting dog he calls Grif.
    Patron God/Goddess: Blodeuwedd (Former)
    Backstory/Basic Facts/Other:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  5. gibble410

@Erik-the-Enchanter! Is going to like your template @halisme !

zoupskim likes this.
  6. gibble410

For those of you approved, I have posted in the RP

zoupskim likes this.
  7. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Love this theme. I can't wait to learn about Ireland's locations!

Name: Ben Grungar
    Appearance: Short brown hair, short brown beard, strong jaw, thin green eyes. Average height with a thick, warriors build, he wears elk fur boots, brown cloth pants, a cured leather vest, with a patchwork, gray/brown cloth cloak on his shoulders.

Weapons/spells: - Ben carries his grandfather's broad sword, a three foot long steel blade with a small guard and ball pommel. Once decorated with precious stones and silver, it has been picked clean of all beauty and adornment. Ben has practiced with this weapon since he could sit upright, although he has only raised it once against men.

Ben has tracked and trapped animals to provide for his grandfather and sister his whole life. He is a methodical, careful hunter, but when necessary he uses a small bow to finish off wounded prey. He has never used it on a man.

Class: Berzerker
    Pet: None
    Patron: Caer

Personal details: Ben grew up amoung tales of war, conquest, and glorious bloodshed told by his grandfather, a once mighty champion of a mighty clan leader. Seeing his father and mother die in a raid, his three brothers stolen for use as conscripts, Ben suffered nightmares for his entire childhood, his waking hours no better as those he loved were torn away one at a time

Ben's time came to fight for clan, his brothers spent like hay pennies in a pointless battle. Taking his grandfather's sword, he slaughtered the herald and his guards, painting the wartorn home with the blood of his own clan. He stole his grandfather and sister and retreated to the hills. Reduced to a scavenger and traitor, he traded clan and glory for something his family had never known. Peace.

Ben is the patriarch of his little, broken family. His grandfather learned a long time ago who is the master of their hearth, while his sister has turned their little hovel into a wonderful home. Ben struggles with his decision every day, the faces of the three men he killed haunting him at night.

gibble410 likes this.
  8. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I'm loving this quest - 2 warriors , a beserker, and a shapeshifter ... anyone thinking of standing against us better prepare to have the ground painted black with their blood ;)

zoupskim likes this.
  9. gibble410

And a goddess lol!

zoupskim likes this.
  10. big soft moose

not forgetting a dog , a telepathic eagle and a teleporting mouse :D

11. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Name: Blodeuwedd
    Appearance: Brown hair, dark hazel eyes. Has tanned skin, and always wears a glove for his owl.
    Spells/Weapons:
    1. Owl Shape: Blodeuwedd can change into any owl, at any time. While in owl form he has all the abilities of an owl.
    2. Talon Daggers: Two curved daggers, made from steel with an oak wood handle. Very sharp.
    3. Speed: Owls are fast and silent, a talent that Blodeuwedd shares. He can move from one place to another so fast that it looks like he's teleporting.
    Class: God
    Pet/Animal: A barn owl named Oldowan.
    Patron God/Goddess: None

zoupskim likes this.
  12. zoupskim

All my posts will NOT be that long, FYI.

13. gibble410

Here is the symbols I mentioned: (My profile pic is the triangle with intersecting lines btw, also I know the last one is not a sideways rhombus, I just don't know how to describe it)

Attached Files:

14. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

What exactly are we looking for?

15. gibble410

As the GM I know I'm supposed to bring the story along, but I feel it is also important for other people to also help change the course. So, anyone can find the clue, just make it a good clue we can decipher. If it turns out that my idea of thinking does not work, I'll just GM it. Is everyone OK with that?

zoupskim likes this.
  16. zoupskim

I'm good with it.

gibble410 likes this.
  17. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

@gibble410 can I post in the main thread now?
    Name- Caer
    Age-?
    Appearance- Red haired, wiry and only down to her ears. Green eyed, clear. Pale skin with freckles on the face and shoulders. She wears a simple dress that has a brown skirt and a cream upper half, like that of a common woman. She wears no shoes.
    Spells/Weapons:
    1.Dream Sleep- Caer has the ability to send any person or animal into a dream like state in where they will not be able to comprehend anything, except their dream. It can only be lifted by Caer.
    2.Fantasy Spear- Caer has a wooden spear with a silver point that acts like a regular spear, but has the ability to send a bolt of energy towards a person, and have them enter a fantasy of their perfect life.
    3.Fortune-All of Caer's dreams can predict the future, and she can also relive her or someone else's dreams.
    Class- Goddess
    Animal- A venomous snake with a deadly bite that paralyses you before hand
    Patron God/Goddess- None
    Other- She hates going to sleep. She is also prone to lying so watch out.

18. zoupskim

Caer is Ben's original Patron before seeing Gwydion! This will be interesting!

19. gibble410

Of course! You can start this post by getting your talismans, and arriving on the scene. Some grand spectical maybe? Lol, just an idea. Thanks for joining!

Narrator Voice:

Previously on: Celtic Gods.

Gwydions street level and anxiety went up cause she was afraid no one would come, but some did! Also, tension rises as more people arrive with all sorts of animals. Even Owls and Eagles who don't seem to get along! Boars and trolls have been caught and eaten, and the GM is hoping for a part where we sit around a fire and tell stories one night, also a discovery has been made on the cliffs of Moher! The locations of the stones! Back to you I.A!

20. I.A. By the Barn

I will remind everyone one that Caer lies and I will not always be clear in where or when she is lying. She just sees lies as a temporary dream of an alternative life.

gibble410 likes this.
  21. big soft moose

you can't actually eat a troll - so aidan will be getting hungry shortly... his mood worsens when he's hungry ;) (because hes so light and sunny the rest of the time)

gibble410 likes this.
  22. gibble410

Guys, just a helpful little tip, in your next posts, have your characters go around, read the note and comment about the dead body. Then we will get this on a roll!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  23. I.A. By the Barn

the s? :confused:

gibble410 likes this.
  24. zoupskim

Does my comment count?

gibble410 likes this.
  25. I.A. By the Barn

I have edited my last post accordingly!