Suggestion on "new post" symbol.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Momo, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This suggestion was made quite a while ago. At that time I forwarded it to Daniel in PM, along with a quill image curved in a different direction so it would even be distinguishable to those with color vision impairment.

Daniel will get around to it, or he won't. It's in his hands, and has been for a while now. His time for making improvements is very limited, and the fact is that this is a pretty trivial issue to get an atomic wedgie over.

2. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

This has been on the to-do list for a whole now. I made some edits to the graphics.

I adjusted the colors to make them more distinguishable. They are now much more yellow and orange whereas before the colors where more similar. More notably, I added a shadow to the new post icon. This should make it distinguishable.

I opened the thread for feedback on the edits. Do you think this change is effective, or should they be even more differentiated? Does the shadow look good or out of place?

3. Daniel

Here's a comparison of the changes. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

4. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

It looks better, although the older colors doesn't really bother me. I guess it may bother some others, and the new color you suggested makes it a lot eaiser to our eyes that allow us to see which posts are older and new eaisly.

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I certainly think it looks more noticeable. But I'd be interested to hear what the other main proponents of the change thing of it.

6. Momo

Momo New Member

I really like the change! It's MUCH more noticable now, not only with the color intensity, though also with the shadow added to the red-ish quill.

Thanks so much! :)

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Looks good. Hopefully it's different enough for those with color vision impairment. If not, one or two "star filter" flare effects to make it a "shiny new quill" could be added.

FYI: You might have to explicitly refresh your home page to see the change, because the old image may still be in your browser cache (I had to do so).

8. Daniel

Glad to hear it. You're welcome.

9. Arathald

Arathald New Member

Second that. I have no trouble with color vision, but I always had a hard time remembering what each color represented. The bold shadow is more intuitive: "Hey, I'm big and shadowy! Pay attention to me! I have something for you!"

1 person likes this.