1. OhHeatherYouDidnt

OhHeatherYouDidnt New Member

Heather and the Pink Dot Detour

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OhHeatherYouDidnt, Sep 13, 2017.

Hi! I'm Lisa! I found this community while searching for articles on writing better sex scenes and jumped right in.

I'm not a writer by trade. I started blogging over a year ago, but didn't really know what to write. Then ... I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer and decided to blog my journey. The highs. The lows. The crazy, fun-filled moments. Yes, even with cancer. I made the Chemo Lounge more fun by wearing everything from a sequined designer gown to fishnet stockings and 5-inch heels with flaming red hair.

I called the blog "the Pink Dot Detour".

Heather is the name of my favourite wig ... She got me into more trouble than I've even been in! Each wig had a personality (I have 8), but I promise ... no Sybil.

The erotica writing started soon after. I was dating someone who dumped me three days after my cancer diagnosis and who, I suspect, cheated while away on vacation. I started writing erotica as revenge. Andrew* was everything this guy was not ...

*Name changed to protect the guilty.

I have 10,000 followers on my blogs and would eventually love to publish them.

Thanks for letting me jump in with you!

Lisa

2. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum :D

We're a friendly and supportive community here so don't hesitate to jump in and join the discussions and thread and start threads of your own. We also have a really great and active workshop section here where you can post your piece(s) for critique and give critique to other member's pieces as well. The workshop actually has a section dedicated to erotica so check that out if your interested.

I hope your cancer treatment is going well, good luck with your blogs, and once again welcome!

3. OhHeatherYouDidnt

OhHeatherYouDidnt New Member

Thank you Fernando! I am in between chemo and radiation. Feet up on bed with a laptop. I will check out the workshop!

Fernando.C likes this.
  4. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Awesome. You've wont be able to post a thread in the workshop yet, though. You need to be a member for 14 days and make at least 20 posts to be able to put up a piece for critique and after that you'll need to provide two constructive critiques for every post you put up for critique in the workshop.

OhHeatherYouDidnt likes this.