1. discovery363

discovery363 New Member

Help with how should I promote discoveries only I know!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by discovery363, Aug 4, 2009.

A discovery that no one knows which matters to the whole world!

Note: this discovery has nothing to do with conspiracy theory, free alternative energy or making money, nothing to do with new invention of technology so don't assume that is what I am trying to say here!

Let suppose for an instance I have come upon a discover that no one knows and I also know an additional 3 discoveries that only a few people know and if enough people know this it can have a major positive effect through out the world. The book will be approx. 150-200 pgs. long. I also have only a limited time to finish this (within a 1-2 months) because I want to send it out ASAP to the public (only written few chapaters) and want to make $ Asap by selling it in the method I describe below.

Therefore, how should I do this:

Option 1. Don't give any free copy of any discovery but an Ad that only hints to only one discovery (what it means?) and the other will be kept secret but will inform them it iseven bigger then this discover that can change the world for the better. I will selling it as an digital delivery download and and as in phyical copy which will both be available within a few months.

Option 2. Should I write all the discoveries in one ebook release it for free in a form of free ebook (or view it on my website) and charge money in form of paperback (with bonuses attached. ex: CD with over 100 public domain ebooks and resell rights ebooks) for those who want it also as a physical copy.

Option 3. Just release only one discovery (that no one knows) in a form of afree ebook copy and ask them to support me by #1 pre-ordering of a physical copy of the book that has all the discoveries in it but won't say what the discoveries at (it will come as a surprise) #2 Donation #3Buying few items related to the discoveries (t-shirts, mugs, cds) from my website. All this so I can finish writing the other discoveries (in a professional manner) that only a few people know (only like a few million out of all the population of the world) and use the $ for advertising and personal use (so I don't need to get a job)

Please inform me about all your suggestion if it might help with what I am trying to do here and how should I carry this out. Thank you!

Note: Please reply with this in mind: If you were the only one who knew this disovery which method you will choose as described above?

2. eliza490

eliza490 New Member

What kind of discoveries are we talking about? Is this an opinion piece or is it a valid scientic discovery? If you want people to read it you will need to give them some idea of what it is about. For example, let's say you've been able to prove that the Loch Ness monster exists and that you've even seen it yourself. If you're book is only about the theories of how Nessie has been able to avoid searches for it, it may be an interesting read, but it's not really a discovery. You could advertise it as a collection of theories and ideas regarding Nessie. Or if the book actually contains evidence and real pictures proving that this creature really exists, you could advertise it as proof that Nessie is real. This may be more difficult because so many people have claimed to see this creature, but it's existence has never been proven. People would be skeptical, so it would stand a much better chance if you were writing about a discovery of something no one had ever heard of before or didn't already know about. Since you haven't really given us any idea of what your 'discoveries' are, it's hard to give you good advice.
    Also, even if you have made a discovery that is important, there's no guarantee everyone wil go out and buy your book. Your 'so I don't need to get a job' quote bothers me a little to be honest. You need to be in the right mindsight to write a book that's good quality that has a chance of becoming a bestseller. Most writers don't become millionares from writing books. Yes, it does happen and I'm not saying it won't happen for you, but there's very little chance you'll get rich off of this. If you have made a real discovery that does really effect a lot of people then no, you should not make it available for free. I suggest you go out and get that job to keep some money coming in while you're working on your books.
    Since you haven't given us more details I really don't know what else to say.
    ~Eliza

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You should probably be asking this on an inventors' forum. It seems to have very little to do with creative writing.

4. discovery363

discovery363 New Member

As i said it has nothing to do with any conspiracy theory (paranormal included) and the discovery I can back up with tons of photos and artifacts so it is no fluke.
    I cant tell you what it is for various reasons but i can tell you that what I know is greater then the discovery (or whatever you want to call it) of "the da vinci code" book.
    Note: Please reply with this in mind: If you were the only one who knew this disovery which method you will choose as described above?

5. discovery363

discovery363 New Member

it has nothing to do with technology so sorry to say but you are wwaaaayyyy off

6. Cogito

Still, you are not talking about a writing issue so much as a marketing strategy.

If you were looking on getting help with the writing itself, you could get good help here. But the questions you are asking have nothing to do with the writing. They have to do with selling an idea.

An inventor's website will be a heck of a lot closer to what you are asking for than this site is.

1 person likes this.
  7. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

Why not research the marketing strategy used for The Secret, because that sounds like what you're describing.

8. discovery363

discovery363 New Member

where do i find the exact place for this?

9. discovery363

discovery363 New Member

do you know any good inventor's forum site that i can check. (Google search only show two good forums )

10. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

first, i'd strongly suggest you upgrade your writing, since much of what you've written here makes little to no sense, due to either poor writing skills, or poor editing... or is english not your native tongue?

if you write the book the way you've written your posts, i can't see anyone taking it seriously, or buying it...

i work with a lot of writers who have trouble with grammar, so if you want to email me, i'll see if i can help you with this... and can advise you on the marketing plan issue, as well...

love and hugs, maia

11. marina

The Secret is a book about the law of attraction. As for the marketing strategy, I have no idea. That's where you come in...you know, the research part?

12. eliza490

eliza490 New Member

If this really is a discovery it's not a good idea to compare it to the da vinci code because that is a fictional story, unless you're talking about a book I don't know about with the same title. The fact that you mentioned that is causing you to lose credibility, which is not good if you want people to buy your book and discover what you've already discovered. You also need to really think about your attitude towards this. Do you want to write this because you believe in it and because it's important, or is making money asap the most important thing to you? Like I said, becoming rich off of writing a book is not very likely, so make sure you're writing for the right reasons. Otherwise, it will be hard to keep yourself motivated to complete the project and if you're not enthusiastic about writing and the book itself then you may have difficulty getting it published.
    ~Eliza

13. discovery363

discovery363 New Member

well can someone at least tell me can i post a link here so people can buy or download or view it free when i finish it

14. Cogito

Advertising is prohibited on this site.

15. discovery363

discovery363 New Member

what about if its only free?

16. marina

Doesn't matter.

Forum Rules

17. discovery363

discovery363 New Member

never mind I just found out what i discovered millions of people know it already. I guess it was just "too good to be true" ones. well, at least i was entertained by that thought and the enjoyment of it. Alas, it didn't last :cry: