1. Anthony James Barnett

Anthony James Barnett New Member

My novel has been published

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anthony James Barnett, Dec 24, 2007.

Hi guys, I just had to share it. WITHOUT REPROACH has just arrived. The publishers have finally made it available on Amazon. This is probably the wrong place to share the information, and if it is I'm sorry, but WOW !!! What a Christmas present.

I'm on cloud nine.

Anthony

2. Good_writer

Good_writer Banned

Congratulation! How did you manage to publish it?

3. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Well done, Anthony!

Post a link for us please. (I'm lazy)

4. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Congrats Anthony!

5. B-Gas

B-Gas New Member

I bow humbly and applaud. Well done.

6. Charisma

7. want2playwithurevilinside

want2playwithurevilinside New Member

You posted that three times. :)
    But.
    WOO CONGRATULATIONS DUDE!

8. Charisma

God. I hate it when it happens.

9. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Thanks for the link, anthraxx.

10. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Congratulations, your right that its a wonderful time to get published.
    Merry Christmas, and again congratulations.

11. lessa

lessa New Member

Congratulations.
    I agree what a terrific Christmas present.

12. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Congrats Anthony, looking at the link the novel sounds excellent. It must feel amazing to be published.

13. Anthony James Barnett

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for all your views. Sorry to be late replying but I've been quite tied up with promotions etc and haven't blogged. You're all very kind.

I've just been asked to do a radio interview on Monday 11th Feb, (not looking forward to that - hope I don't get tongue-tied).

There have been five newspaper articles here in Spain, and four in my hometown area back in the UK (telephone interviews), general press releases sent out etc, designing bookmarks for promotions. I've contacted thirty libraries back in the UK for publicity, and my ex-works have printed an article in their in-house mag... So it's been a bit hectic. I just wish it'd translate into sales....

For any of you experienced guys outs there - how the hell do you get to be a good-seller never mind a best-seller??? Just how the hell do you get noticed?

I was told a couple of weeks ago, that WITHOUT REPROACH might ....just MIGHT... be in some of the supermarket chains in a little while. God, I hope so.

I've sent an email to a TV presenter who apparently uses restaurants in my village, when on holiday, and the novel is based around here - might give her a little interest value- might give me a mention????

I shall be having a signing session in a couple of weeks in one the local bars, which should be a laugh. I hope someone turns up!!! And tonight (Saturday) I'm to have a meal with someone and take a book with me. But any advice from you professionals to increase sales would be very very welcome.

Anthony

14. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

My apologies. I didn't ever congratulate you on your achievement.

So belated congratulations to you. It is great to hear you have done so well :)

15. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Antony,
    You should send a PM to Terry and maia both, they are experienced and will give you professional advice.

16. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Good luck with your radio interview. Just remember to breathe, and forget about everyone except the people in the room with you.

I can't help you with the marketing questions, unfortunately. Let us know what you discover, though!

17. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

anthony...

first of all, congratulations on getting your book into print!... a major accomplishment indeed...

as for promoting your book, you seem to be doing all the usual stuff, so i haven't much to add... but here's a few things you didn't mention...

have you approached whatever bookshops there are in your area, to see if they'd let you do book signings?...

since it's set in a part of the world that's popular with british vacationers, you might also let travel agents both in spain and in the uk know about it and also post/send an announcement, to travel/ex-pat websites, and tour companies...

and travel clubs love to have authors come and speak at their meetings, if that's doable for you... flyers to them wouldn't hurt, either...

the publisher seems to be more a 'packager' or perhaps a subsidy press [can't tell from their site, but guessing, since they don't mention advances and royalties]... what, if any promo work and marketing do they do for you?... did they pay you an advance?... did you have to pay anything for anything?... what's their royalty set-up?...

wish i had more to offer you, but it's early am and i haven't finished my green tea yet... hope this helps some... best of luck with sales...

love and hugs, maia

18. Anthony James Barnett

Thanks Maia,
    It's very kind of you to offer such support.
    I'll certainly investigate the travel agent route. It seems quite a 'novel' idea.

The publisher is quite new, hence not much in way of advances for unknowns, but there is certainly no payment to them, and royalties come once a quarter at the moment. The promo effort from them has been mainly internet based at the moment, but they seem to have worked out a deal with some UK supermarkets for displaying a number of titles (and mine was mentioned). If that comes off, it should make quite an impact.

Thanks again for your help

Anthony

19. Lengo

Lengo New Member

That's WONDERFUL! A hearty congratulations to you! I'll bet you're both proud and bewildered. "Now what?" is probably going through your mind. All the promotional work is probably looking a little overwhelming too!

I read the short description at Amazon. Your book sounds unique, and though I'm not much of a reader, I'm interested in it. Sounds intriguing!

I wish you great success! Good luck!

What's the promotional schedule? Are you going on tour for book signings and lectures? If so, for how long? Fill us in on the details. I'm sure there's a lot of work involved in this, so enlighten us on what all is involved. And fer sure, let us know if you get on a talk show! I wouldn't want to miss that.

:) :) :)

20. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Many congratulations!!! :)