1. Dick Johnson

Dick Johnson Active Member

Superbowl Predictions

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Dick Johnson, Sep 4, 2021.

I've got the Chiefs winning it all this year.

I think this is the year when the wheels come off for Tom Brady. He's 45.

I'm a Saints fan. I think that Jameis Winston is going to throw a lot of interceptions.

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

That's the default pick, but I think they're due for a little regression. I want to see what their defense and new O-line does before I commit to that.

44 technically. Almost exactly one year older than me. And I wouldn't bet on it. There's no evidence that anything that makes him successful has eroded an iota. You don't need elite physical skills when you can see the play before it happens and compute every possible outcome in the 2.3 seconds it takes him to get rid of the ball.

Haha. In other news, the sun will come up tomorrow.

3. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Tom Brady.

4. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Winston somehow had five TDs today despite only completing 14 passes, with zero interceptions. Do you think he will finish the year with more INT than TDs, and if so, how many games will it take for that to happen?

5. montecarlo

montecarlo Contributor Contributor

I know this one! 17

6. Homer Potvin

Definitely not. That's so hard to do... mainly because you're not likely to remain the starter long enough for that to happen. Especially with Taysum Hill on the roster. And a 5 spot head start doesn't hurt either.

Much more shocking was Aaron Rodgers and the offense pooping the bed. He's going to look like an idiot if he has a down year. Packers will be kicking themselves for not trading him for three #1 picks when they had the chance... especially since he ain't coming back next year.

7. Dick Johnson

I hope Jameis does well. He certainly had a great game. Let's hope it continues. However, I don't have a lot of faith. With Jameis, something always goes wrong.

8. Dick Johnson

I watched the Raiders and the Ravens last night. The Raiders won. I was quite surprised. Are the silver and black going to have a winning season? I kind of doubt it.

9. Dick Johnson

Some of the Saints players have come down with Covid. I think they were all vaccinated. I'm vaccinated. I hope my Pfizer shots weren't for nothing. Ha, ha, ha.

10. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

I'm somewhat betting this was a fluke game. He looked quite literally like shit, not just I had a terrible game shit, during the post game interview. Possible sick and still made to play. If not, this game was a wake up call. He has an easy pickings opponent on Monday. Either he'll right the team then, or he won't be the quarterback moving forward. Everyone slows eventually, but a complete drop out from near top to nothing is pretty rare.

Homer Potvin likes this.
  11. Homer Potvin

I'd be more worried about the leadership deficit. Difficult to lead a team when everyone knows you don't want to be there. Nevermind the coaching staff and GM who have to eat shit and call it ice cream. I have no doubt that he can still play, but I'm starting to wonder if people want to play for him.

12. EFMingo

If anything, they'll want to keep a high paycheck and make good future deals. Sure, one tossed game to put an asshole in his place is dealable, but big names like DeVante Adams need big games too. After Rogers gets his ass handed to him in the locker room, he should come around. Every once in a while these guys need to be checked. Especially the California boys like him.

As for Superbowl at this point though, the Bucs are looking pretty good. High power offense with loads of important experience. I'd bet on them, but only part of week 2 has happened so far so we'll see. Injuries can sometimes dictate seasons.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  13. Homer Potvin

I could see the Bucs. Too nose-on for me, though. Ditto KC. I'm not giving up hope on my Patriots. Not for a superbowl, but Mac Jones looks like the real deal. Gets guys in and out of the huddle, sets the protection and motion, hangs in against the blitz, moves around pretty good, finds the open guy.... I don't know, but he looks better than Brady did at that age.

14. EFMingo

That teams strategy is still fresh. I think they're still in that honeymoon period where everybody else is trying to figure out what the fuck they are doing. I'm betting they kind of bomb in week five or six and then struggle the rest of the season to gain ground.

Forgot to mention I might toss in the Eagles as a good match up against the Bucs. A little more of a wild choice, but that kind of attitude is what keeps that team afloat.

15. Homer Potvin

To a certain degree, yes. There's no film on Jones yet or tendencies to exploit. However, he's doing all the fundamental things that will help him adjust down the road (and having the best coaching staff in the NFL doesn't hurt).

As for the Bucs, to beat them you need a team that can score, can pressure up the middle, and play man-under defense to match up against their stud receivers and robber-cover those underneath slants and seams (where Gronk lives). I'd pick the Rams to do that. Aaron Donald alone forces them to keep an extra blocker home, which kind of buggers the 3 receiver set if that blocker isn't Gronk.

Of course, Brady can see the future before every play, so it's probably moot.

16. Dick Johnson

The Giants lost again. But Daniel Jones looked good. That guy can fly. Plus his arm is a canon.

17. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

They better watch out if they lean on him too much. You saw what happened to Dak last year.

18. Homer Potvin

Sucks to lose on an offsides during a field goal attempt. Especially when your team is coached by a special teams guy.

EFMingo likes this.
  19. Dick Johnson

It was a great game. I really enjoyed it.

20. Homer Potvin

Missed it here. No NFL network on the cable package at work. They charge exorbitant fees for businesses.

21. Dick Johnson

I watched the game between the Ravens and Chiefs. The Chiefs lost, but they look strong.

22. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    I apologize for meming, but:

[​IMG]

23. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    [​IMG]

24. Dick Johnson

Carolina is now 3-0. Sam Darnold looks pretty good.

25. Homer Potvin

Yeah, he does. All he had to do was ger away from the Jets. It's the Adam Gase effect. Look at what Tannehill was able to do after he escaped. Zach Wilson will probably have a good career playing for somebody else!