1. loneshade

loneshade New Member

synopsis

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by loneshade, Feb 5, 2012.

Weren't really sure where I should have out this, but was wondering if anyone likes the sound of it or whether it sounds like something someone has read before.

An epic fantasy adventure in which mystical creatures are the unlikely heroes and humans are the enemy.

Rush and Spark have been friends since childhood and now have the unenviable task of trying to save the world from the terrifying shadow soldiers who have enslaved humanity. The two friends, along with some new ones, must enter into a quest that will see them battling a variety of mystical and human foes and risking their lives daily in order to save the world and protect those they love. Will they be too late?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has all been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read What is Plot Creation and Development?

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

yup!... all of that...

4. Batgoat

Batgoat New Member

Rinse and repeat...

5. Kallithrix

Kallithrix Banned

Wow, anyone else experiencing deja vu...? :D

6. Pink-Angel-1992

Pink-Angel-1992 Active Member

Think this should have went in Plot Development but never mind, no harm done, so no problem. Anyways, what's already been said is true I believe - no idea is completely original, not anymore. Your inspiration comes from somewhere and anywhere, and the bacis, underlining concepts of everything will have been done by now, so it'll be near, if not impossible to find a completely new idea!

Here's some advice similar to what I've read, beacuse I can't remember what it actually said (if you want to know, I'll try and find it again);
    Write about what you want, that way there will be at least one that will enjoy it.