1. Norfolk nChance

Norfolk nChance Banned

Taboo topics... and a POST removal question

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Norfolk nChance, Nov 24, 2018.

Taboo topics... and a POST removal question

Background...

I’m not sure, but think I’ve had a reply post removed. I may have made a mistake and the post not actually attached to the thread. Am pretty sure I checked it, but I was long a bottle of red so could be mistaken. The website as whole shortly afterward went down for a few hours as well as a side note.

Still new to the forum and whole writing thing, however approaching the half century I’m no kid either. I know full well what is suitable and unsuitable to post on a public forum. Also, I’ve read the RULES and the freedom of speech part and agree fully with its limitation restrictions.

Question...

Am I notified if one of my POSTs is removed?

If not, is there any way I can check if it did POST and was subsequently taken down.

The Thread...

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/another-space-question-propulsion-this-time.160145/page-2#post-1723933

This thread above I’d already posted my response to the opening point regarding propulsion and laws of physics. A bit of banter followed between other members and the word “misconception” appeared implying some of the members didn’t understand what they (the Laws, the 3rd Law in particular) fully means...

I agreed, but it was a tad harsh or pissing on other members offering help to the OP. So, I thought I’d use an example I’ve used for many years showing real life examples that BREAK the three laws of physics...

The attack on September 11th 2001 on the World Trade Center 1, 2 & 7 and the subsequent collapse of the three towers. I didn’t imply any form of conspiracy theory bull just the unanswered Freefall speed question especially tower 7. I joked a TRUE event that Broke the Laws of Physics (3rd Law) or is it a misconception on the truth...?

Is the 9/11 attack a complete taboo subject? If so, no problem but should be noted alongside the erotic writing section warning.

Any help much appreciated

Norfolk nChance

2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi @Norfolk nChance - you can see all of your posts on your profile page

if you forgot to click "post reply", the text may be autosaved - if you browse back to the relevant thread it appears in the compose box greyed out but you can edit it in which case it becomes active

Norfolk nChance likes this.
  3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

The reply in question was removed by me. 9/11 itself is not a taboo topic. If you would like to engage questions concerning that happenstance, feel free to open a thread in whatever area of the forum corresponds to the point of the question.

I removed that post because it was a hairpin derail into deeply politicized territory in a thread that isn't (or shouldn't be) remotely political. What chance does the OP have of garnering further useful replies to the original question as asked when there is an irradiated post concerning 9/11 in the way of those possible future posts? That's simple forum etiquette - not derailing or hijacking threads with posts that clearly will have that end effect - which is still in play in our forum along with the idea that you have the freedom to create a thread about that topic.

4. Norfolk nChance

Norfolk nChance Banned

Hammer thanks for the reply

Wreybies thanks for the timely response. A fair point made and the intention wasn't to derail but can see how it could of. I thought I was going mad, the wife blamed the wine, glad we found it was you...

Norfolk.

matwoolf likes this.