Tale of Exzalia, well of darkness

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

The airmids' hands covered her ears softly, her feathers brushing against her cheeks. By the way Rhea's lips were moving, Emery knew she was speaking something serious...something like a spell.

Her eyes welled up with tears at the thought that someone, even an airmid, was taking notice of her...showing kindness. "Why do oomanz fight so much?" Rhea had spoken softly, "Pain bad bad, but they fight and feel pain. not friendly, not heal others."

Emery knew she didn't deserve nice treatment, she had not been friendly in the least bit to these idiots. Feelings of hatred, anger, and deceit that her life had revolved around was what she needed to fight against. But, this wasn't the time to think about such things. Emery looked to where Tess and the other mage stood, the Nox beginning to slowly disintegrate with Rhea's spell.

With her hearing still muffled, Emery began to weave Comet Storm, hoping to finish off the shadow mage.

2. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Vs the puupet matser

A powerful anti nox spell had been cast, but Tess had the well of darkness in his hand, he had unlimited supply of eather at his disposal!

The others were quickly losing ground in the battle as Tess once again began weaving damnation looking to end this battle, He struck the new airmid with shadow claws which slash at the airmids flesh, He then cast shadow storm and drove it into Emery sending her sliding across the field.

Will regained consciousness as Vampiria healed him, but then she too was struck by shadow slash which created a grievous gash on her side she fell to the ground while Tess raised his hands in order to finish them off!

Another spell, he was weaving one aside from damnation, one more powerful.

3. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Lebry, 30%

"Hah, time enough!!!"

Screamed Lebry now covered by Nox resembling an armor over his body, he was riding a horse made of Althea, and on his hand an spear charged with both Althea and Nox. The armor gave him enough protection to halve Nox and Althea damage, the horse enough speed to walk through the storms of Nox. The spear..... it flied towards Tess. Not to blind him, but to impact him. With enormous strenght, Lebry send his spear flying against him, hoping that it pierce his body.

But he didn't wait to see if it worked or not. As Tess was weaving something Lebry violently vomited blood, using The Origin to deny the spell of Tess.

4. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will

Vampiria had healed him, but then she took a heavy hit. Will staggered to his feet to see Tess again weaving something big. He quickly cast Healing Wind on everyone, hopefully it would give them a chance to survive whatever was coming, and then he turned his attention back to Tess. He was preoccupied by everything happening around him, and Will was behind him. Sword in hand. He had hoped there was another way, he didn't want to kill Tess, but maybe it was the only way to save him.

While Tess was distracted, Will came up behind him and lunged his sword through Tess's back.

"I'm sorry!" Will gasped, tears in his eyes.

5. Exzalia

the meaning of Nox

Lebry used all his power to stop possessed Tess from destroying everyone throwing his spear at him, River fired here wind arrow, Emery launched comet storm!

Tess was denied one spell by the end but Luke the puppet master behind him knew Lebry would use that move and cast essence backlash against the spell, Suddenly Lebry deny Orirgin effect was shot back at him as well disenchanting both horse and spear!

Emeries comet storm hit their target blowing up in a fury of explosions, But Tess cast corruption turning the remaining fire balls into more nox for him to use.

Rivers arrow also hit its mark but could do nothing to harm Tess in with all the Nox covering his body and it turned to ash. a black shadow appeared over them Tess tormenting them with an insidious laugh.

Suddenly, a blade pierced his back, Tess went silent for a moment, a tear streaked down his cheek. He turned to face Will blood dripping down his mouth, "To belive I was the one who wanted to kill you, such irony...I'm glad I... didn't."

The Nox stopped swirling, everything went quiet as Tess hung his head.

No one said a word, a dead silence seemed to fill the whole world. even the wind went silent.

"Do you know the meaning of the word Nox?" A sudden voice sounded from Tess the blade still in him. Vampiria attacked him with shadow slash renting Tess's flesh and even then he stood, swaying, smiling demonically. "It means mortal, Nox is the name of death it's self. Tell me Will, how did you plan on killing death it's self!" A wave of nox knocked Will off his feet, he was suddenly grabbed by Tess by the neck.
    "I always hated you Will, you stole River from me, you stole my love you think I have forgiven you!" He threw him like a rag doll to Rivers feet before unleashing the largest Nox spell any of them had ever seen, a spell called extinction

The Nox swirled literally destroying the very life force of all around it it blackned the sky and sickened the air in the distance birds fell from the sky like rain, surely everyone would die! But one was not effected by the attack, it was River the violent Nox flowed around her doing nothing.

"Foolish child, she is just as responsible for your pain as Will and Lebry, kill her too!" The Nox suddenly grabbed River and yanked her towards Tess.

Tess's expression was dead like the half elves, but his eye betrayed an inner pain.
    "She ignored you all your life, she wouldn't even give you the light of day, when you saved Will she didn't even thank you! Kill her, Kill her like the heartless witch she is, KILL HER! Then you can be free from your pain, free from the toture of seeing her stomp on your affection like a careless troll, and you and I can rule! We can rule this pathetic world and all who are heartless, like this b*** can feel our wrath!"

6. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River Hoya: Love, the most powerful eather

River, caught in the grasp of Luke, was helpless. Everyone around her near death, a spell of unimaginable power loomed in the sky. Now Tess was being encourage to kill her and there was nothing she could do.

"Mommy. What's love." Little River jumped in her mother's lap.
    Riveria chuckled. "Well, love is the most power eather of all. It strengthens us, gives us happiness, inward and outward beauty. Love can break the most powerful of spells over someone. Especially someone who has gotten lost in sorrow and needs a reminder of who they are."
    "Why don't the elders teach us how to weild the love eather?"
    Riveria laughed and hugged her daughter, kissing her lightly on the cheek.
    "You can't teach love, my dear. You can only show it. Just as I'm showing you now."

The memory faded from River's mind. She didn't know where it had come from but she knew why. She knew how to help Tess. Before Luke could react, before he could blow her away with a weave, she wrapped her arms around Tess and spoke into his ear.
    "Tess! Fight him! Remember who you are! Remember the hero you've become. Fight him, Tess. Come back to your friends. We love you." With that she planted a kiss on his cheek and the time seemed to stop.

7. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

William (Level: 2|Expertise: 50|Shield: ?%)

Cover me!

William still wasn't entirely sure what was going on, except that Tess went insane and some creepy girl was fighting alongside them. Also, Lebry was back. That was ever-so-slightly saddening, but the main thing right now was to make sure Avani stayed alive.

Of course, she did the exact opposite of even attempting to stay safe, and flew straight into the Nox-ridden Tess.

William grimaced and wove his Flame Sword. That bastard Tess. I knew I couldn't trust him after channeling Nox during the fight against the priest. The Nox is going to persuade him to kill me, like they all want to. But first, he'll kill Avani. He charged at him...

...and nearly fell to his knees from the sudden extinction spell. How powerful is this shadow-weaver? Splotches of color danced across his eyes: the scene changed.

Everywhere he saw flames, collapsing beams, laughing, screaming. He felt powerless, smaller, insignificant. The heat, the pain, the sadness all felt real, like reliving his life all over again.

William didn't see the Nox grab River. He saw it grab his parents. Or was it Avani that took on that guise? He didn't know; he didn't even know this wasn't real. He just knew this scene very, very well. Tess looked like the man who had spent three years torturing William's mind, three years of endless amusement for the bandits, not so much for William.

One thing kept him from fainting, however. William had something he didn't as a child: power.

Mustering his energy, William stood up; the Flame Sword had unraveled due to lost concentration. Strangely, he didn't really care.

"You ruined me."

It felt like he was walking against a strong wind, but he carried on.

"I don't care if you're the man who most directly scarred me, or some other poor slave of the Nox. You will die for your kind's actions."

William began weaving a Severing Light.

"But first, I have to make sure Avani and the poor, manipulated girl you captured survive. That is my duty; revenge can wait for later."

He cast it at the extinction's weavings.

8. Exzalia

Tess's choice

Oh my god...she, she kissed me. she kissed me... SHE KISSED ME!

"This is the best day of all time. the Weather is amazing." Tess muttered,

The Nox began to calm the spell extinction began to fade. Nox in the area began to leave, peace seemed to invade like a relentless army.banishing the sounds of death and destruction.

Tess came back, he yelled as a violent inner struggle began to take place. Nox rushed out of him, another yell joined his, it was Luke. In a moment of incredible power Tess banished him from his body Luke being expelled was hurled through the air landing a few meters away from Tess who stood there panting. Luke staggered to his feet, a pale skinned man with black hair and glowing eyes. What was more, he was a half elf. "He cursed loudly and weaving a spell warped away.

Now it was just the students like in the beginning, when their journey had started. Tess cracked a smile.
    "Kiss on the cheek? how lame." he said with a faint smile.

A foreboding energy brought them back to the well of darkness still in Tess's hands. Tess looked at everyone who were standing around shaken from the violent acts of power. Tess sighed.

"I'm taking the well of darkness, and I'm leaving. With it gone everything will go back to normal, and you guys won't have to worry about it any longer. As for me." He gave glanced at River, then at Will, then to the horizon before him.
    "I have no reason to stay with you guys, this would be the best way."

9. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Pain shot in hot waves through her body, and she looked up quietly to the sun as it began to rise. Blood poured from the wounds from the spell one of the mages had cast, and Rhea sighed as its reflection hung in the still pool of crimson before her. The spell had not dispelled the nox completely -but it was quickly fading away as a group of figured began to gather around a figure who was holding a dark orb. He was speaking something, but her hearing was gone, as well as her sense of time and feeling of pain. She smiled.

"Mama 'bandon me as chick. I pure blood, not half-blood like some, but it don' matter now.." she murmured, darkness clouding her vision. "What matter is that you make friends...heal others...help others....night belong to night...day belong to day...."

A soft song made it past her lips, and her body disintegrated into sparkling dust, blowing out over the castle and wreathing around the gathered people before rising into the sky -for she had never really been alive to begin with, but the ghost of a poor child wanting to give something to others that she had never received; acceptance no matter what you looked like or what you had done.

"Dawn comes...let the nightmare end...." her voice echoed.

10. Kademee

Kademee New Member

Avani Reed (Health: 100%) (Level 2)

"I'm taking the well of darkness, and I'm leaving. With it gone everything will go back to normal, and you guys won't have to worry about it any longer. As for me." He gave glanced at River, then at Will, then to the horizon before him.
    "I have no reason to stay with you guys, this would be the best way."

Avani stared at him, a frown collecting on her face as her fingers traced the bottle still at her side. "You aren't going anywhere, Tess." She bit out, taking the vial from its pocket and holding it up for him to see. "Not until that Well takes back what it dished out." She stepped forward and raised her wings a tad, usually a warning stance. "So, we can do this the easy way and you'll let me borrow the Well for a quick second, or one of us is going to get hurt. I for one would prefer the first option." She took another step towards him and held out her hand.

11. Exzalia

Tess chuckled, "So that's why you came Avini, well I have a better idea. Why don't you come with me?" Tess offered, "we can travel the world, the sights we could see."

12. Pheonix

Will

Staggering back to his feet, every part of his body hurt, never before had he experienced a fight like that. The horror of what he'd done to Tess, still fresh in his mind, was tempered by him appearing to be okay.

"Tess, I'm so sorry! I didn't know what else to do..." He pleaded to his friend. "I'm just glad that you're okay. You don't have to leave, there's no need for that. And what about what the Origin Tree said about the Well of Life? And Avani, what do you plan to do with the Well?" Will felt like there was a lot that he was missing.

13. Keitsumah

Emery . . .Emery . . . a voice echoed.

The wind rose, wreathing aorund the girl for a moment before dropping something into her hands; a tiny egg. It wiggled, and then cracked, revealing the tiny, bright red feathers of new life.

"Pip." the tiny Airmid cheeped.

14. Love to Write

River Hoya

River was relieved to see Tess back to him old self. He was even commenting on her ears. Mental and physically, however, she was exhausted. Only a few moments more and thousands would have been destroyed senselessly. Including them. But they had succeeded in saving Tess and it appeared a new day had dawned.
    Six more days. I have six days of freedom left. At least we succeeded. We saved the halflings and restored balance to the grove. I should be rejoicing...not mourning.

"I'm just glad that you're okay. You don't have to leave, there's no need for that. And what about what the Origin Tree said about the Well of Life? And Avani, what do you plan to do with the Well?" Will spoke rapidly. He looked distraught over the fact that he had stabbed Tess.

River wondered if it was safe for Tess to hold on to it. He had already been overwhelmed by it's power once. It was possible he could be overwhelmed by it again; even without the influence of Luke. "Are you sure you should even hold on to it, Tess? Perhaps we should give it to a stronger mage. Someone who can keep it safe."

15. Exzalia

"Give the well of darkness to a stronger mage? Who like Magnolia?" Besides how do you guys think I'm still living? Tess pointed to the stab wound he still sustained.

"The well of darkness is the only thing keeping me alive right now, no I think I should keep it, if it does control me again at least I'll be far, far away so I won't harm anyone. Oh and Will, its okay...what choice did you have?"

Tess sighed, "honestly I always wanted to travel Exzalia see what I could see, as for staying well. If you haven't noticed I'm madly in love with River always have, always will , regardless of who she loves. I don't think I would be very happy living so close to her while she's of romantisizeing my best friend. No Better I leave and try to find another reason for living."

16. Love to Write

River Hoya

I don't think I would be very happy living so close to her while she's of romantisizeing my best friend. No Better I leave and try to find another reason for living.

"Tess." River sighed sadly. "Have you already forgotten I'm already promised to another." She looked over at Will trying hard not to cry. "Not even Will can have me. In a way you are better off. You get to live the life you want and fall in love with someone else. I do not get that privalege. But I will always care about you both."

17. Exzalia

"No you're not." Tess countered, "you didn't promise anything your father did, and he should have control over you, hell you practically saved the world! You still have a choice you're just refusing to take it."
    He sighed,
    "but nows not the time for that, the half elves have been freed but they still need someone. Avini come with me, I could use the companionship.

Avani listened to Tess' reasoning and cast a concerned look towards William. I won't go if you won't go, she tried to tell him with her eyes. Their "friendship" had grown and she wasn't ready to lose that. And what about my family? My education? My life? It was like she was being torn apart from the inside, not sure who to trust or go with. Well, it's not like you wouldn't be able to see them again or anything. It'd just be... like a holiday!

Avani glanced down at the vial in her hand. The liquid inside was changing color, from the bright red it was to a darker blackish shade. Time is running out, a voice whispered to her. Not a voice, the voice. The one that had told her to come on the trip, that the Well would cure her, that her family would be safe and so would he until she got back. So maybe I'll be a bit longer than planned.

Avani hesitated momentarily and then lowered her outstretched hand. "Okay. I'll come with you. As long as William comes too." She knew the two didn't exactly get along, but it would work out. When the Well takes back the vial, it'll all be okay. The voice was soft, calm. Like the one from ever so long ago... and she believed it.

Tess smiled, thnaks Avini, Tess then looked at Vaughn. "Vaughn, thanks for your help, Lebry, your still a jerk, thanks for helping us. Emery for all your whining and complaining you still stuck with us till the end, for that I thank you."

"crummpet...don't ever change."

"Will, no matter what happens, I'll always count you as a friend."
    "Ermph!" The stranger with the talking ring cleared his throat exaggerating.
    "heh ya, thanks I haven't forgotten you."

"Those half elves will be hungry, I'm going to go ahead." Kithri shouted as she took off, some of the others began to trickle away. Tess walked towards the end of the tower and began weaving a warping spell. Looking back at them all, smiling

18. Pheonix

Will

"Tess, good luck. Try not to get killed or destroy the world." Will said after a moment. "Goodbye my friend." A tear ran down his cheek, everything had happened so fast. He didn't know how to handle it all, so he just stood there, overwhelmed.

19. lixAxil

Lebry

Lebry sighed, it seems that things had ended... at least for them.

"Dunno about you, but I still need a job to do."

He quickly raised his sword and with a quick turn he aimed directly at Lebraia's throat.

"I always wanted to meet you like this..... Say goodbye, you didn't even had any right to exist to begin with"

And he mercilessly pulled his blade toward the throat of the girl... Or at least he thought that he did...

"What? An Althea illusion?... Oh she casted my spell in Althea version?? is that possible??... Where did she go?"

Yet when Lebry noticed it, it was too late. She already jumped out the window and ran away from him.

"Tch..... Little bastard..."

20. Keitsumah

"Pip! Pip-pip!" the little Airmid cheeped, squirming out of its egg and spreading its crimson wings. Turning its head and looking at Lebry with a strangely mischievous glint in its eyes, it took off from Emery's hands, flapping wildly and clumsily landing on top of Lebry's head in a heap of feathers. Cheeping, it hung upside-down from his bangs by its little talons and pecked him on the nose lightly.

"Pip-pip!" it chirped.

21. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

"...Emery for all your whining and complaining you still stuck with us till the end, for that I thank you."

I must say I am surprised as well. Emery thought but didn't speak, she did owe all of these idiots a bit of respect. She had started the trip believing she was worthy of all, but after seeing all of her allies fight together, her opinion had changed.

They were all equal.

No matter if she had the power of Charon, each one of them had something to offer; each one had been chosen for a reason. Emery laughed at herself to be thinking such nonsense, but deep down she knew it was true.

A glistening tear made its way down her cheek and she brushed it away as she looked at them all. Then, a soft call broke her gaze and she looked up to see an egg falling from above. Without realizing it, she seemed drawn to egg, and with her bruised hands outstretched she managed to catch it in her grip.

But as soon as she caught it, she noticed a distinct crack was in the middle of it. "Oh no..." Emery gasped, but was reassured soon enough when the egg continued to wiggle until a tiny baby chick sat in the palm of her hand. It cheeped the name Pip, looking up at her with its bulging beady eyes and clacking its beak in want for food.

"Oh no..." Emery whispered again, cringing as Pip alighted off her hand to peck at Lebry. "Don't look at me, I'm not responsible!" She raised her hands, giving him a purely innocent look.

22. lixAxil

Lebry

It was proved on the moment the baby phoenix appeared.
    Lebry loved animals.
    Yet an Airmid was something different, a more evolved species.

Still in Lebry's eyes it was adorable. He quickly draw some seeds from his bag

I wonder if the Airmids eat this....

With his open hand he offered the seeds to the Airmid.

Still.... when he noticed that several glances were put over him, his face turned red and it quickly tried to hid it.

23. Keitsumah

"Pip!" the Airmid squeaked excitedly and hopped onto his wrist, pecking voraciously at the seeds. They crunched in her beak and soon she was nothing more than plump ball of red feathers she had eaten so much. She nuzzled Lebry's hand appreciatively then, amazingly, was able to flit back over to Emery and perched on her shoulder, quickly falling asleep with a few contented chirps, burying her head in the spot beneath the girl's ear.

24. lixAxil

Adorable creature, he thought once the small Airmid used Emery's body as a bed.

But deep inside him there was a constant fear... They supposedly won... yet that posibility is still lurking in some part of Grove.

At least he..... shouldn't relax too soon.

25. Exzalia

After math

The Overwhelming presence of Nox in Grove disappeared somewhat, though it was still a land of dark, the sun shone that much more, the night shortened that much less. The students had saved all of Exzalia from being devoured by Nox but while their world was now safe from a natural threat, destruction still loomed from a sentient one. Exzalia's troubles are far from over, if anything they have simply changed formed.

Damirian soldiers found the students after the nox cleared from the skies, riding wind seers the students were brought back to a kingdom in panic, Estal had been destroyed completely by a large Nox blast sending shock waves through Exzalia political realm. Who had done it? and why? What's more news that Estals high priest st Balden had been assassinated earlier. They needed a scapegoat, they blamed the half elves. Who else but those unnatural monsters could wield enough power to destroy Estal and kill both Balden and Cadal the strongest mage they had? A wave of anti half elf propaganda now grips Damiruu and the surrounding nations.

As if that weren't bad enough an elven prince was assassinated the same day he was to be joined, while they confirmed it was a spell that killed him, no one knew who did it. "Again the half elves took the blame."

All this among a violent civil war that has broken out in Fare, a rebellion led by former queen Magnolia as she battles to reclaim her crown against king Titon her late husband. She survived the well of darkness incident and news has not been good for the old king, Magnolia's army is winning and some say soon she will be queen of the most powerful human nation in Grove, very soon.

Tess disappeared along with Avini and William who had nowhere to go and thus followed them. No one knows what has become of them

The half elf children were saved from near starvation, one didn't make it. The rest fortunately received care and were nursed back to health in Damiruu the only human nation that does not mandate discrimination against half elves. Many families even adopting the orphaned children upon hearing their plight. One child however never got adopted, the strange looking one with dark skin, blue eyes and red hair. Strange even to the liberal Damirians. Having no memory of her past and no one to care for her she was taken in by River against her fathers wishes. Pyria as she was named now lives with River and apparently the two are closer than mother and child.

Tusni and Tusna disappeared shortly afterward for middle way was all but destroyed. There corpes have not been found so it is assumed they are alive, somewhere.

The others went their separate ways seeking their destiny and as the conflicts and victories continue to happen on this world only one thing can be made certain.

Tales of Exzalia, will never end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.