Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Tales of Exzalia, death of magic.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Oct 8, 2012.

Tales of Exzalia
    death of magic

The year is 717 of the fifth cycle, 15 years have passed since the well of darkness incident, and Exzalia still remains the same, under all its glory and beauty lies the turmoil and tension that has plagued it’s people for a millennia. After the well of darkness vanished a strange and disturbing trend began to appear among Exzalia’s human population. Humans began being born, without magical abilities. Over the course of 15 years the uncastable population has exploded throughout all the human kingdoms especially Damirruu. On Exzalia, magic is everything, their homes are built with magic, wars are fought with it, food is grown with it. Human kind has been the dominant race on Exzalia do only to their ability to use eather, that reality warping substance known as magic.

Now that power seems to be fading, and it has thrown the three most powerful kingdoms Charon, Damiruu, and Lore into a panic. In the minds of Exzalians it is better to lose air and water than to loose magic.

In Damiruu the largest human kingdom on this world whose structures thanks to eather stand taller than mountains; they are holding at the highest castle, the deligation of nations. All the most powerful nations meet together to discuss international affairs, each nation is represented by its king or queen who speaks on the behalf of the humans there, there are also delegates from each nation who advice the kings and queens on what to do. However there are many other races attending elves, merclans, airmids, scorchfiends and whole hosts of fairy messengers buzzing about the large auditorium were the discussions taken place. On this day they have come to address a growing problem, the uncastable population has grown large, and slums are appearing on the outskirts of the cities, Uncastables are rapidly growing and some even say soon they’ll out number mages. What does the growing number of uncastables mean for Exzalia? A world completely based on magic?

So far the uncastables have been born only to humans, even so the other races pay close attention, perhaps planning to take advantage of humanities weakening dominance on Exzalia.

As the crowd settles in Pyria, a young half elf spotts a suspicous looking cloaked figure a few seats down fom her. She has a hard time seeng his face but he looks strangely familiar. The kings and queens of every race and nation take there seats. be knowns to her and everyone in the auditorium, history was about to be made.

CREATE YOUR CHARACTER​

Your character can either be a mage or an uncastable, if you choose to be a mage you will have magic. If you choose to be an uncastable you will use armor and swords.
    You are one of the people attending the deligation of nations this goes for new and returning characters, you can either be a delegate or just part of the audience, Old characters would have been requested to come do to there involvment in the well of darkness incident.
    Your character can be any of the races and nations listed below, you will also be required to list the nation your char is from though I will allow you to be a wanderer with no ties to any nation. Also note your characters looks DO NOT have to look like the nations they are from, Damirians have dark skin, your char does not have to have dark skin if he is Damirian though it would make him or his parents immigrants from outside the kingdom. All old characters are still alive and playable, The nations are as follows.

Human nations

Damirruu The largest nation with towering buildings and castles made of gold and Marble

Charon an Island nation found in the tropics, their island sits on top of a giant sleeping phoenix called Charon.

Lore, The farthest human nation to the north, Lore is the oldest nation and the most exotic, a nation filled with mighty mountains

Estal; a smaller nation that can be found in Grove, their kingdom is made of a beautiful glass like substance that makes it shine like the moon in the night time, though they're very anti half elf, and very anti uncastable

Adra, a kingdom that floats in the sky! The humans who live there are small in number but very imaginative

Fare; Currently Fare is in a bloody civil war, as an exiled queen battles her husband for the crown. Much of it has been destroyed. It is also located in Grove

Morien: morien is in the middle of a famine, they are the youngest kingdom living very close to Fare. They have a very kind and old king.

Elvish nations

Underwood: Home to wood elves, The elves of underwood are peaceful, but lately tensions between them and the humans of Morien have grown

Althea: Home to the high elves, a small secretive kingdom the high elves rarely get involved in political affairs though a few have been drawn to the rumors that human kind is losing it’s magical ability

Clan Dalua the clan of a charcter from the first Tales of Exzalia RPG nation. They're a small nation that lives on the outskirts of Damiruu

Airmid nations
    The airmids don’t have a nation, though they do come together often for celebrations and other things, they are free spirited creatures who do not like to be bothered by the rules and restrictions society often inposeses. Some say it makes them uncivilized, others say it makes them more civilized.

Merclans
    The merclans have one kingdom that unites the sea called Lethross, led by one queen queen auquien. They are defectors to the kingdom and some mers wish to rebel against their queen and thus free them to take over the land. These mers see humanities weakening's as an opportunity to do just that.

Scorch fiends
    Most scorch fiends live in small family groups and not big kingdoms, there is one exception. Caldon is a volcanic kingdom located in the largest volcano of all Exzalia. Twice as big as Underwoods might forests.

Summery of the races themselves

Humans

Humans are the most numerous and diverse of all the sentient beings, they have many cultures, physical traits and religions. They do not however have different languages, no not on this world. The humans of Exzalia have a few key differences that make them unique, They can live up to 300 years, they're usually stronger and taller than the humans of earth and, with less deformity. But they are by no means perfect, they are subject to the same faults as we are.
    Now there are five kinds of human on Exzalia they are.

Damirians. A tall group with milky brown skin, white to silver hair, and yellow or gold eye's.

Lorians. Fair skinned with black hair and sapphire blue eyes, not quite as tall as Damirians stopping at around 6 feet.

The Charon. shorter than both of the above, the people of Charon have darker skin than the Damirians, but their eyes are a bright red or orange colour, as with their hair.

Grovians. They are most like us having a varied array of eye and hair colour though their skin is usually fair, it varies in shade. Average height 7 feet.

Humans have no innate ability but, are the only race to be able to use all six elements.
    Estal, Morien, Adra, and Fare are all considered Grovian nations. Also note your character does not have to look like the nation they are from.

Merclans​

Exzalia's merclans are very similar to humans in that they share a love for adventure and conquest. A curious and mischievous group the merclans can use water, air, and dark aether. Most merclan have smooth skin like a dolphin only sporting scales on their fish half, all merclan have a fish half though it varies from individual to individual. They have deep blue, to blue green skin. Slick hair that is streamlined and greasy. fins are often found on ears and elbows and their eye's can be a range of different colours. most of them have small shark like teeth. despite this all mers have a beauty to them and unlike humans do not show signs of old age. This makes them very desirable and it is not too uncommon for mers and humans to intermarry. They can move on land using a kind of magic.
    Inate abilities: breath under water, telepathy, the ability to communicate with other animals, only race to become sirens.

Airmids​

They are a small race standing a little over 5ft 5, but that's without the gorgeous and colorful feathers that decorate their bodies, often adding a good two more feet. They are humanoid with arms and legs but unlike humans they very slender, even the males have strongly muscled but thin chests, light weight with falcon eye's each Airmid has their own unique style of feathers. They are brightly colourful race groups of them forming living rain bows in the sky.
    Airmids can use wind, water, and light Aether and they may have been the inspirations for the legends of angels. They watch us from their perch in the sky, perhaps even observing our conflicts and I feel it won't be long, before events beyond mortal control will bring us together.
    Flight, enhanced reflexes, powerful eye’s.

Scroch fiends
    They come in shades of red and bronze, with a humanoid frame, burning tails and bright horns that curve back on their head. Their face has the typical two eye's one nose features of other humanoids, but the shape of their heads is unique in that their nose is slightly cat shaped, but with dragon like nostrils. Their eyes and maws constantly glow with fire aether, and each one has a unique set of rocks that form on joints and other outcroppings on their body. They have a bitter rivalry with the Marclans
    They can use Gaia, and Charon.
    They have natural born ability to breath eather infused fire (does not take up a spell slot ) capable of with standing high temperatures, physically bigger than the other races.

Elves​
    There are two kinds of elves on Exzalia, High elves and wood elves. Wood elves can use water, wind, and earth while High elves can use wind, water, and light eather. High elves are also very tall standing a good 10 feet, but they are very slender. wood elves are only slightly shorter than humans. Aside from humans elves are the most widespread race, their relationship with humans vary from place to place. In places allies, in others bitter enemies
    Enhanced reflexes, remarkable hearing, innate connection to flora and forest magic, can influence plants.

Your character can also have one artifact this can be an enchanted armlet, staff whatever. Keep in mind that you are still beginner level mages so your artifact cannot be too powerful. The only exception to the rules is if you’re an uncastable, they can have powerful artifacts to make up for the fact that they can’t use magic. All of this must be ran by me of course, I will determine if your character is too powerful or not powerful enough

MAGIC!​
    Your character can know up to five spells. Four of them basic spells, with the fifth one an adept level spell. Adept level spells and higher can be duel element spells, this is when you mix one or more elements to create your spell, also in this world mages use eather, a reality warping substance that makes up matter, and the laws of reality. There are six types of Eather and each one represents an element of matter. The six types are as follows

Adra (Wind)

Charon (Fire)

Gaia (Earth)

Merc (Water)

Nox (Dark)

Althea (Light)

Your character for now can only know two of the chosen elements; also keep in mind that if you choose Nox as the eather you want to wield your character will face some discrimination. Damirians look down on shadow magic. Also you can choose to be a uncastable if you wish, relying instead on armor and swords but be warned, you will face discrimination (Everyone looks down on Uncastbles) uncastables instead fight with enchanted weapons and advanced tecknology, primitive fire arms are just appearing on Exzalia at this time.
    Your character can be a halfbreed, a mix between two races but keep in mind that if you choose to be a half elf you will face discrimination.

Uncastables​

Uncastables can have three Aretfacst to start with with one of them being enchanted with a passive and an unleashed ability. Passive abilities when your just starting out are minor, perhaps your character can run faster in battle? Unleashed abilities are more exciting, your enchanted armor or weapon does a powerful spell all of it’s own. You can make up your unleashed ability but it must be of a specific element. Nox, Adra, Charon, Althea, Merc, Gaia.
    As you level up you can upgrade your equipment getting stronger unleashes and passives

Be creative!​
    While this world is my world, Exzalia is also an infinite world, not even I it’s creator know all its secrets. So don’t be afraid to make up any back story your little heart desires, Don’t be afraid to make up your own lands and beasts, does your mefolk come from a group of floating islands? Sure why not? It’s an infinite world with infinite possibility, so show me just how creative you can be! Try to make your characters awesome, with different goals, fears and dreams! This game will also benefit greatly from character interactions so don’t be a loner 

GAME PLAY​
    This is where things get awesome, I want this game to grow your characters as such I will award experience points to characters for various feats they complete. Killing monsters will give you points! Defeating enemy mages will give you points! Solving a puzzle will give you points! Wining duels will give you lots of points! The amount of points will be determined by me, and players get more points depending on certain criteria. Example all players who battle get ten points but the player who deals the killing blow will get 10 extra points. All characters start out with 100 experience points to reach, once you reach 100 you level up. With each level you get to learn a new spell! And for uncastables an upgrade. This spell can be anything in the bounds of the eather your character can use but must be ran by me first. Each time you level up the amount of points you need to level up again increases by 100 points so at level 2 you need 200 points to level up again, at level 3 you need 300 points and so on.
    If you’re an uncastable everytime you level up you will get an upgrade to your weapons and armor in the form of enchantments.

In your journeys you will encounter not only enemies but puzzles, Exzalia is filled with dungeons and labyrinths each housing secrets, I will award players with prizes for solving the puzzles I give them. How it works is the first person to solve the puzzle in the discussion thread will be awarded a prize in the story thread the prize will usually be a really neat artifact, or gold among other things. All players who try to solve the puzzle will still get points. I ask that you post your level in the title of your post to keep track easy, I will keep track of the points your character has so far.

Finally I will not only be GM but narrator, I want you to see my world, breathe it, be a part of Exzalia. Many of my posts will be describing the scenery, the sights and sounds of my endless planet, get ready you’re going to see some awesome stuff.
    Rules of combat

I will have power over how much damage your characters do to the enemies your characters will encounter, whether your spell kills them, or it does nothing all together, If you feel I am not being fair peas pm me I can assure you I am very reasonable. I also have some control over the amount of damage your characters sustain think of me as the guy who yells
    SUPER EFFECTIVE!!
    My word is law, if I decide your character could not dodge the attack of a certain monster or spell, or becomes poisoned ect, please don’t be a spoiled sport, if you have a real problem with it just pm me. I assure you I am a reasonable guy. .
    I will also post any status conditions, damage and other battle related notes in the discussion thread during combat, so keep an eye out for updates!

This RPG will be an exciting challenge; character will most likely get hit and defeated a couple times, but that’s okay because that will be the motivation I will use to get you to desire power and points!

CASTING SPEED​
    Part of what will make this adventure so exciting is the limitations your characters will have in combat, you will not have the free reign you would normally have in a standard RPG, one of these limitations is casting speed.
    Spells take time, you are not going to cast five at them at a time, in combat I will ask that you limit your spells to two per combat post for novice spells, one cast per 2 posts for adept level spells. This limitation is actually designed to not only make it more fun, but to give you and me a neat mechanic to base combat around. Maybe one of your characters knows a spell that increases his casting speed, upping his cast count to three per combat post? Again go wild with the possibilities!
    As your characters grow stronger, the will get better at weaving, eventually casting to one adept level spell per combat post, and eventually 2, all these limitations will drive the need to grow stronger!
    There will be more neet mechanics that I will introduce along the way like misweaving, but until then this covers what you need to know to get started.

Uncastables​
    For uncastables things are different you will be using swords and other such weapons which you can swing faster than a mage can weave, as such if you get into sword strike range you can swing it three times in one post.
    How ever for enchanted weapons which have unleashed abilities you will have to wait two posts like normal. Unleash abilities are triggered spells that come from your enchanted weapon it’s self, your weapon can have one unleashed ability

Defeat and death​

Unless you wish it, your characters will not die in this story, but they can be defeated! If your character takes too much damage in a battle I will declare them as defeated, a defeated character will not be able to battle any longer, but you can still post your characters thoughts and actions. All defeated characters will return to normal after the battle, a defeated character can be healed and brought back into battle. I will warn the players if their character is close to defeat, a defeated character can do everything a normal character can expect battle. This will put some risk in the battles you will certainly face. Also keep in mind that in the beginning of the story your character will be somewhat weak and may be defeated in 1 or 2 blows. You can declare your character as self-defeated if you think he/she has taken too much damage. Defeated characters still gain points! However they gain less points then characters who are undefeated.

Dueling​

Your character can challenge another player to a duel! A duel is when two mages battle until one is defeated; I will referee all duels and if neither player can agree on a victor I will decide who I think will win. Who wins is based on how and what spells they use during the battle. In this game I encourage friendly completion but I ask that before posting your epic duel that you run it by me first. The two players should also pm each other while dueling to avoid clogging the thread, if you come across an issue I will referee the problem since I know more about my world than anyone. After I have declared a winner, post your duel on the story thread.
    Characters gain lots of points if they win a duel and even if they lose I will still give them points but, you cannot duel while questing and there are times when I will ask that you not duel during such an such a time so we can advance the story.

BOSS BATTLES!​

There will be characters in the story that are very strong. Your group will fight bosses along the way and I will let you know if an enemy is boss level strong. During a boss battle I will control the boss and the damage it receives in battle. Whether your characters win or lose the battle IS UP TO YOU! You fight the monster, you come up with the battle plans, and if I think you’re skilled enough, strong enough and fast enough I will declare the boss monster as defeated! These battles are not scripted! All characters gain huge amounts of points for battling, but the player who does the death bow gets more so, bosses also drop neat items but, be warned bosses are strong, and I will not hesitate to defeat an entire party if I feel your characters aren’t strong enough to win. There is no penalty for being defeated, but you will lose your chance to battle that boss for some time. Each time I introduce a boss I will also write a short summery of it on the discussion thread Example.

Feral berserker will attack every two posts, you must be quick to defeat it.
    I recommend you read them, they will provide helpful hints on how to win.
    All in all this RPG can be seen as a writing version of any video game you have played before, with dungeons, puzzles, leveling and bosses. It will be challenging! It will be exciting! And most importantly it will be fun! Please pm me character templates before posting.

Name:

Race:

Nation:

Novice Spell1:

Novice Spell2:

Novice Spell3:

Novice Spell4:

Adept level spell:

Artifact If any:

Brief character history:

Personality traits:

Other info:

For uncastables

Name

Race: You’re probably human

Nation:

Artifact 1:

Artifact2:

Artifact 3:

Unleashed ability:

Passive ability:

Brief character history:

Personality traits:

Other info:

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved.

3. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

The delegation of nations is about to convene, senators, audience please take your seats. The tensions were already high even as the auditorium went silent. People of every known nation was here sitting in a massive dome atop the highest structure in Damiruu, so high it passed even the clouds.

The delegates and senators all of which were mages and who most of which were human took their assigned seats. In the center was queen Nesvi Damiruu, the kingdom was named after her lineage, her father now passed said to be the greatest king that ever lived. Now his daughter beautiful and incredibly young had to fill his shoes. A Damirian through and through with milky brown skin, bright doeful golden eyes, and radiant silver hair. She was very exotic looking but pretty non the less. She stood up from her high throne garbed in moon sliver and laden with gold. Her crown coursing with eather, this young queen captured the audience's attention.

“My fellow humans, and other races that God has placed on this world I welcome you. Today we have come together to discuss a grave threat. 15 years ago the number of people born with no magical ability was less than 1 in 100. Since the well of darkness appeared and disappeared 15 years ago; the number of humans born with out magical ability has risen to 1 in 4!”

A wave of fear and whispers swept the audience. Before most had never even seen an uncastable before, using magic is like breathing on Exzalia everyone does it from birth. To not be able to, if a fate worse than death.

Nesvi waits for the audience to calm before continuing her voice was strong despite her petite size.
    “We have come here today to answer these three questions, why is this happening, what do we do about it? And what do we do about the uncastables already born?”
    “Mom she said god, doesn’t she mean Goddess?” Pyria asked an older elf female. A beautiful one named River she was a delegate as well representing the wood elves of Damiruu, though since this was a human problem she didn’t say much. The one asking Pyria, a young half elf just about to celebrate 19 years of life. They are not related by blood but by a bond much stronger, and so Pyria often calls her mother.

“Humans believe in a male God, we elves believe in a female. It’s just culture.” River replied.

“Oh…”

Pyria’s dark skin contrasted her bright blue eyes, red hair and slightly pointed ears she was weird looking even by human standards. A half elf, many gave her strange and disgusted looks, she ignored them. She was used to being disliked for being a half breed.

“The uncastables are polluting Morien with their numbers.”

“They’re building slums outside of Estal!”

“Those savages attacked merchant caravans yesterday!”

One by one the Delegates began to bring their concerns to the table, It seemed every nation disliked them, perhaps even more than half elves. Nesvi raised her hand and calmed the rising concerns. “Our seekers have come up with a possible explanation and solution. Please listen and then we will figure out a plan.”
    All attention was now focused on Maiko a very famous magitist, those who study the science behind eather. He bowed to the audience and to the delegates.

“Greetings, I’ll cut to the chase on this one. We can be fairly certain that magical ability is a genetic trait. As such it is possible that that genetic trait has become recesive inside certain humans, and a more dominant uncastable trait has somehow made it into the gene pool and is spreading. What we need to do is simple, selective breeding.”

Nesvi frowned. “Are you implying we force mages to marry other mages, and to force uncastables to only marry uncastables?” More murmurs swept through the crowds, River didn’t like where this was going.

“More or less, it is the only way to protect the gene pool, of course many of the uncatsables have been born to mages so the gene seems to be able to hide inside magic users only manifesting in their offspring. If we can identify those with the uncastable gene and separate them it should work.”

Others nodded. Nesvi shook her head.

“I am, uncomfortable with the idea of the government dictating who marries who.”

“Do you want humans to get out competed by elves?” A delegate from Morien sounded, their country always had a prejudice towards elves. Even so the other delegates nodded. Humans dominate Exzalia due to two things, their numbers, and their magical ability. Lose either one and if the elves wished, they could take over.

“There is no proof the elves want to take humanity, and at least in my area we get along just fine. We must not spread division.” Nesvi countered.

“What about the scorch fiends! And the mers! Many of them kind hate humans.” This time it was some one from Estal. Fearful whispers raced through the crowd again.

“Don’t forget orks, dragons, shadow wisps and all other monsters of Exzalia only kept at bay by our magic! Our civilization will crumble if any more of our kind become uncastables.” The delegate from Adra added.

“But forcing marriage? Even if we did try it, people would just get married illegally. Besides we have no proof that this is even the reason for the rise in uncastables it just a theory, what if we’re wrong?” This time the others listened to Nesvis point. They nodded knowing the idea would never work. Silence fell over the room, finally queen Gashay of Estal stood up to speak, the people of Estal had bright blue eye’s and bright blond hair. She was adorned in silver and in a calm but cold voice she said.

“We must consider the many over the few, the surest way to keep Uncastables numbers down, and to ensure our safety and the continual success of the human race is to cull the uncastable population.”
    Nesvi’s eyes grew wide.

“Are you implying extermination of uncastables? In short, to kill them?”

Everyone eye turned to Gashay who looking queen Nesvi in the eye said. “Yes young queen, reduce their numbers by a percent, purging them would be most effective.” Everyone gasped at the suggestion. Outright killing of the uncastables, but was more disturbing was not that it was mentioned, but that the other delegates while not supporting it instantly, did not condemn it either, They were silent, but their silence was all the condoning Gashay needed. She smiled at Nesvi who sat there looking dumbfounded.

“I second that motion ,” Faren Lore, king of Lore said, “Though if it were up to me they would all be purged.” The queen of Estal and the king of Lore nodded to each other.

“Are you people insane? We’re talking about genocide!” Nesvi was sounding increasingly upset.

“I agree with queen Nesvi, Out right killing of the uncastables is a bit much.” Now it was Zeph, king of Adra who stood up looking cross.
    Suddenly the delegates began to bicker each nation taking sides.

“The filthy uncastables must be brought under control!”

“But killing them is wrong.”

“Are you saying we should simply let them bring humanity to it’s knees?”

“Enough!” Gashay ordered her words silencing the bickering nobles. “ I say we do this like civilized people, lets take a vote.”

Nesvi lost her composure a little, steaming mad she angrily said. “Are we really going to vote on whether we should commit genocide!”
    King Faren scoffed. “Genocide is the killing of an ethnic group completely, we are not doing that, we are simply culling them. What's more genocide is killing people, they are not people. They are uncastables.”

As it stood more people seemed for culling the uncastables than against, Nesvi sat back in her throne chair looking frustrated and for all her power, powerless. They were going to vote on whether people would live or die, and there was nothing she could do.

4. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

The Wanderer

Tensions ran thick in the air, leaders torn asunder by this grim choice they played with. Life was always fleeting and precious, and to dance with it so carelessly would force them down a dark path that few would dare to tread. Yet as he listened, the whispers grew in support of this culling. Lords conversed with their senators, and the common mages bickered in debate. Once again the winds had brought him to another place of purpose, but he could not yet fully understand what he was meant to do.

The Wanderer sat there in silence amongst the rows of mages, looking down at the stone floor under his muddied cloak hood. He did not need to see the voices, it was the listening that mattered here. The Wanderer’s mix of brown and dark green leather melded him into the background and he sat there quietly, listening intently as he leaned on his large Cilian bow.

“I second that motion…Though if it were up to me they would all be purged.”

The winds were changing, gusting towards the Nox of the world. To murder man, woman and… child… surely that was unthinkable to this loosely assembled council, but alas one by one the nobles began to submit. The Wanderer stooped low in his stall, sullen by what might be in the next few moments. Of course, the Uncastables, his own kind had become a problem, yet this was a wrecked solution. And what of aftermaths? Of resistance and civil wars?

“I say we do this like civilised people, let’s take a vote.”

Civilised. Nothing was civilised about this.

5. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River Hoya

A beautiful brown headed woodland elf, stood silently as the delagates argued. River's dark blue dress enhanced her elvin features and she noticed many a man glancing her way. That is until they caught sight of the half-elf standing beside her. Then they would give veminous looks and turn away. She did not let this bother her but instead concentrated on the proceedings.

“We must consider the many over the few, the surest way to keep Uncastables numbers down, and to ensure our safety and the continual success of the human race is to cull the uncastable population.”
    Nesvi’s eyes grew wide.

River's spirit became more and more unsettled as the meeting progressed. The humans were scared. They were starting to let fear overwhelm good judgement. Thus was the way with many humans.

“Are we really going to vote on whether we should commit genocide!” Nesvi exclaimed to a proposal one of the delegates had offered.
    “Genocide is the killing of an ethnic group completely, we are not doing that, we are simply culling them. What's more genocide is killing people, they are not people. They are uncastables.”

River's eyebrows knit together. The only outward sign of her disgust and horror. They were about to commit another Night of Sin! The last Night of Sin had happened when the people become overcome by fear of those who were halfings. Thousands of men, woman, and children had been slaughtered that night and for many days after that. Now here the humans were, proposing to do the same exact thing to defensless humans. Their own race.

River could remain silent no longer and took a step foward speaking loudly and clearly, "Just because one can not use magic does not mean they do not have a soul. To kill a innocent and defenseless sentiant being who can think and reason for themselves is an act of murder. Delagates...senators...you are allowing fear to cloud your judgement. You think this is the only option but allow me to propose another. Queen Nesvi, commission a group of honorable people to seek out the true reason behind the rise of the uncastables. Perhaps there is another way to deal with the situation other than genocide."

6. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

“Pip!”

Emery's raspy whisper could be heard as she darted through the crowd of standing delegates at the back of the room. She had only been in the room ten minutes and Pip had already left her sight. Probably looking for some kids her age, boys preferably, Emery knew; but she couldn’t help but think of the worst. She hadn’t yet recognized anybody at this meeting, what if someone…

Her heart quickened and she called out a few more times. Although, the annoyed looks she got from the delegates were more than embarrassing. She sighed and crossed her arms, deciding to give up for the time being. Pip wasn’t exactly a baby anymore, plus she had been trained by the best.

Emery caught bits and pieces of the senators, delegates, and royals speaking, arguing was more like it. The situation of uncastable humans was a dire one, she couldn’t imagine living without magic, how vulnerable one could be. But, when they spoke of genocide she gasped audibly. The thought of killing due to ones' race…

Pip. As casually as she could Emery turned to bend down in search of red feathers peeking between a tangle of legs. A man behind her cleared his throat rudely. She looked up to give him a smug smile in return when the sound of a familiar voice reached her ears.

“…Queen Nesvi, commission a group of honorable people to seek out the true reason behind the rise of the uncastables. Perhaps there is another way to deal with the situation other than genocide."

That voice she hadn't heard in ages; not since her days of school. Back then she had thought it infuriating, annoying, and sickening. But, it had been quite some time since she had come across anybody she knew. Ignoring her previous worries, Emery squeezed her way though to where the owner of the voice presided. An elf in a blue dress fit for royalty stood with poise and grace. It was…

“River?” Emery said in awe. “It that you, for real?”

7. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

The shadow assassin.

"Killing all of the uncastables???!!!! Are you nuts???!!!"
    A male voice resonated through the dome. Then the Lorian dressed in black covering even his head and wielding two swords without a doubt jumped... he didn't lost time, and as a trained assassin, pierced the neck of the Lore's king with one blade.....
    "Your words were just insolences to all the uncastables, this is the fate that you deserve!!!"
    Then with his other blade he aimed right at the neck of the Queen Nesvi said
    "You don't even suggest that idea, we must work together and solve this problem as a fair society"
    The Queen covered in fear kneel down in front of the man and said "Please....guide us....."

Lebry (Lebreus) was resting on seat while daydreaming..... I should had done that..... he thought
    Then he heard the voice of woman screaming Pip.... Now where had I heard that name before?
    He lazily stood up and covered his face with a black cloak, then walked to the woman who met... another very familiar woman.... He patted Emery on the shoulder and said with his face covered..
    "If you're looking for a young airmid, I think she went over there" he pointed at the east. And then continued walking

That is Lebry... if you want to fix the errors in your past, you must cause a good impression. Those were his thoughts while walking away from them

8. Pheonix

Homecoming

Will Bartholomew

Up ahead on the road a little ways, Will saw a trailing wisp of smoke through the trees. He urged his Chimera, Rose, faster. There was a little bend in the road and beyond it was a cottage, and outside sweeping the falling autumn leaves from the front yard was Will’s mother, Martha Bartholomew. He hadn’t seen her for nearly 15 years, and she looked much older than when he had left. He saw the stoop of her shoulders, the grey of her hair.

She hadn’t seen him yet, and he slowed his steed as he approached. Finally, she lifted her head to look at the blue, cloud dotted sky, and saw him. They were still a ways apart, but almost immediately Will could see her eyes light up, and her mouth fall open.

He got off of Rose’s back and started running.

“Will?” He heard her shout.

“Mom!” He ran to her and threw his arms around her.

“You have no idea how much I’ve missed you!” She said, he could hear the tears in her voice.

“I’ve missed you too Mom.” Will replied.

“Let me see you boy.” She looked him in the face. “You’re a man grown,” she said, taking in his slightly weathered features, and well trimmed beard. “My god, you look just like your father.” There were new lines in her face, her age was finally showing.

“Maybe so, but I still missed you. It’s good to be home.” Will looked around the property, noticing how things were beginning to fall into disrepair.

“Well, come in, and tell your old mother of your adventures.” She said, leading him into the house.

“You won’t believe half of it.” Will said as she pulled him in. He looked around one more time before going in. It’s good to be back, he though.

After a few days of helping his mother out at home, and telling her about his time away, Will heard of a grand gathering of all the officials in Daimiru, and Will decided to go as an observer. He told his mother he’d be back in a few days and set off to the capital, where the grand meeting was to be held, in the Dome. On the back of Rose, who was an intimidating beast by any account, he rode into the city, receiving many puzzled looks as people tried to figure out who this armed and armored man riding a chimera through the streets was. When he finally got to the dome, the proceedings were already underway. He left Rose in a stable below, much to the chagrin of the owner who had never seen anything like her before.

He finally walked into the main hall to see dignitaries from every nation of Exzalia gathered together.

Will strode in and looked around, a man with long black hair who looked amazingly familiar walked past. Could that be... No... There was no way it was Lebry. Then he walked up to a flame haired woman. Is that Emery? And then his heart skipped a beat as he saw the other woman standing there. There was no mistake. River. Will, for all his courage and valor, after all the grand deeds he’d done for the last 15 years, instantly felt 17 again, and didn’t know what to do. So he just stood there, and prayed that no one would recognize him with his beard, travel worn armor, and and long grey cloak.

He was so totally taken aback that he didn't even know what was going on in the conference, his thoughts traveling back to his first adventure, seeking the well of darkness.

9. Love to Write

River Hoya: Old Friends

“River?” Emery said in awe. “It that you, for real?”

River turned at the voice seeing a face she hardly recognized. It was Emery. Her bright red hair flowed beautifully on her shoulders and a red dress fit her body and personality perfectly. 15 years ago Emery had been the cruelest and hautiest human she had ever known. However by the end of their quest together they had become tolerable friends. At the least Emery had stopped using her name as a joke.
    "Emery." River nodded her head in greeting and smiled. "It's been a few years." She spoke quietly so the other delagates around them wouldn't be disturbed.

Emery smiled back, almost in relief. "Yes, life has changed drastically. Though, it's good to see you. Are any of the others here by any chance? Have you heard from...Will?"

River shook her head sadly. "No. I scry him on a occasion to make sure he is well, but..." She didn't finish her thought. "As for the others, I have not seen them. I do not see why they would be here. Which begs the question; what intrest do you have in this meeting, or is the plight of your race reason enough?"

An odd man with his face disguised by a cloak interrupted Emery before she could answer. He only stayed for a moment before turning away and walking back into the crowd. Emery gave an annoyed sigh, as she briefly scanned the room before looking back to River. "Well, yes the dire situation is part of the reason. I'm also here due to the fact that this auditorium was only a few steps away and I had nothing much better to do. I needed to get Pip out of the streets as well. Which I must admit may have not have been such a great idea after all."
    She looked around worriedly. "In fact, I should go find her before something happens. It was good seeing you, River."

"And you", River replied before Emery dissappeared back into the crowd. She smiled. Who would have thought she'd see Emery here?

Suddenly an inate sense that she was being watched sent a shiver down her spine. She scanned the crowd looking first to her right then to her left. She caught sight of a tall human in worn armor and a beard. He was staring intently. Her first thought was that he was just another knight wandering in off the street but there was something familiar about his eyes. Her eyes widened and covered her mouth in surprise as she recognized who it was.

Will.

10. Pheonix

Will

She saw me...damn. Now he really didn't know what to do. He couldn't imagine walking over to her, but he couldn't do nothing either. He could pretend to not recognize her, but she'd already seem him staring, or he could turn and walk away, butt something held him where he was, like his feet were locked to the ground be some spell. I took down a three headed mountain troll and I wasn't a bit afraid, but this girl terrifies my... Damn, what do I do...

Will stood their stupidly. His eyes protrayed a fear she'd never seen. Its like he thinks I'm a three-headed dragon or something. She folded her hands back at her waist and began walking towards him; memories of the times they had fought together side by side on their last adventure. They had grown to love eachother, or so she had thought. But after 15 years of not even letter from him, she had begun to lose hope. And it had been 15 years. The chances that he had found someone else, someone better than her, was very high. Best to just greet him as a long lost friend.
    She finally closed the distance and extended her hand, "Will. It's been a long time. You are well?"

"River, it has been a long time..." He took her hand, not knowing what to say. He almost commented on the weather. "I'm well. And you?" He smiled at her, but only a fraction of how he had used to smile. For about a week, the mere thought of her made him smile bright enough the blind could see it. This was not one of those smiles.

River tilted her head slightly studying his face. He looked like one who had been on a long journey and was tired. But there was something else. Sadness? She withdrew her hand and nodded, "I've been very well. I'm glad you're safe. I haven't heard from you since the grove, so I worried a bit."

"Well, I can handle myself," He said. "No need to worry about me." God, she looks exactly the same... She seemed to have a seriousness to her now though, a level headedness tempered by experience. "How is your family?

Her face saddened. "My father was killed by shadow wisps 7 years ago. But," her face brightened and she gestured to Pyria who approached and stood beside her. River laid a hand on her shoulder. "Remember Pyria? I adopted her. Pyria, this is Will Bartholomew."

"Look at you, all grown up!" Will said with a smile. Last he'd seen the young half elf she was no more that a child. "Pleasure to meet you." He extended his hand. But something puzzled him. River hadn't mentioned a husband. "I'm sorry to hear about your father... What of your husband? I remember you were to be joined..."

River looked up, confused. "You didn't hear? Corrin was killed that morning. I was never joined."

Will was also shocked. He had left to escape her marriage, and to find out now that it had never happened... "I'm so sorry..." He said, as genuinely as he could. "How did it happen?"

"No knows for sure. Some sort of Nox spell."

Tess. Will remembered his plan, but he kept it to himself. If he hadn't known what to do before, he really didn't know now. He didn't want to ask if she had found anyone else, he couldn't imagine a woman like River being alone. "How strange... Well, at least you still have Pyria." He said. "I didn't mean to keep you from anything..." He said after a moment of silence. "It has been wonderful to see you... And I apologize for never writing, after everything... well... you understand... I should be going." He smiled at her, a bit more warmly.

River nodded with a slight bow. Though her heart felt like it was breaking again she didn't allow it to show. "I hope we get and opportunity to talk again more soon."
    Will walked away and River turned back towards the proceedings. Had she been human child, she would've broken down and cried.

11. Exzalia

The delegates.

Just because one can not use magic does not mean they do not have a soul. To kill a innocent and defenseless sentiant being who can think and reason for themselves is an act of murder. Delagates...senators...you are allowing fear to cloud your judgement. You think this is the only option but allow me to propose another. Queen Nesvi, commission a group of honorable people to seek out the true reason behind the rise of the uncastables. Perhaps there is another way to deal with the situation other than genocide."

"They are not people, they are not even human, they are uncastables. The definition of a human is and I quote the archives. A upright curved eared humanoid with, with multiple distinct languages, cultures, and magical ability. Creature of earth, fire and wind. According to our teaching older than even your elves this is what a human is." The king of Morien retorted. "Of course, that doesn't mean they all should be killed if there is another way."

"I object! Our definition of human kind is outdated, that passage was written long before it was even possible for humans to not have magic. There were no uncastables back then so it's not hard to imagine they may have mistaken that as criteria for a human definition." Nesvi countered.

Moren, king of Morien nodded. "This is true."

"Blasphemy!" Gashay roared. "Those sacred texts come from the prophet of Origin. You can't simply change long held definitions that are divinely inspired."

"But the prophet of Origin never knew about uncastables so of course he wouldn't write on their humanity." Nesvi shot back.

Zeph sighed "it seems to me like we first need to come to a definition of what it means to be human."

"Magical ability first and foremost!" Lore said instantly.

"That's ridiculous" Moren scoffed sitting back in his chair looking tired. They soon devolved back into bickering and debating some of them sitting arms crossed, stress marks over there faces. Nesvi looked most exhausted of all.

Suddenly a new voice sounded, it was Cinder queen of Charon. "People, we are not here to discuss philosophy!" Cinders powerful presence even silenced Gashay. She was a powerful queen, her skin was bold with a dark brown colour, her eye's the deepest of reds and her hair the wildest of oranges. She said little but when she did everyone listened.
    "The uncastables regardless of what they are most be dealt with, we need to come to a agreement now!"

"Kill them and get it over with." Lore scoffed, "All in favor of the culling says I all against nay"

"Nay!" Nasvi said.

Gashay responded."I"

The turn came to Zeph "Nay." He nodded to Nesvi. "That makes two against one for. Estal?"

"I." It was Cinder, she said it coldly and without care. River began to get nervous.
    "I." The king of Morien said as if in response, tied again.

All eyes fell on Lore, Nesvi threw her hands in the air in defeat.

Lore seemed to relish in their victory "It's for the good of humanity Nesvi, I know Damiruu is...very liberal when it comes to these issues, well just look at all the half breeds in this country." A few of the other delagates chuckled, a common insult for Damiruu was that it was like a zoo, half breeds everywhere. "I vote I, it is carried. the Uncastable vermin will be culled and brought under control."

12. lixAxil

The lady's opinion.

Delegates, delegates, delegates…. They just think they can control everything with a selfish solution… Why don’t they allow the new breed to exist and be free into this world… is more easy, yet they are so complicated.

Suddenly the voice of a woman cut through the auditorium, the woman didn’t had any authority yet still felt free to say what she wanted, even if it sounded dumb.

“You can be so unfair… Let them live.. they’re a new life, more interesting perhaps than the previous one…. But if you still are cowards regarding your so precious heritage… what if you separate the societies? You know? Let the uncastable live aside from the “privileged.”

The woman had a long black hair, a rose ornamented it, and wore a beautiful dress composed of blue, black and white colors. Her skin was pale, and her eyes pierced through the very soul of those who directly watched at them. An smile covered her face.

Of course her intromission could had been considered an insolence, no more than that…. Still one person… one person started to sweat, said person was at a very far distance from her, yet still recognized that voice.

Why… why is she here?... of all places….. Lebry froze in place together with his thoughts… what she did was a clever move… no one would think to attack someone inside this place. In real she was in a safe position, so even revealing herself wasn’t a big risk.

13. Pheonix

Will

"I vote I, it is carried. the Uncastable vermin will be culled and brought under control."

Will froze. What was happening here had finally penetrated his consciousness. They were talking about Uncastables, about killing them... Mom... Will's mother was an Uncastable. She had been a common house slave when his father had rescued her. But if this went through... Would they really kill an old woman just because she couldn't use magic? And what about the rest of the Uncastables? By all rights, Will should have been born without magic, his father was no mage. He knew a healing spell, but nothing more. Somehow, Will had more power than both of them combined, demonstrating his power as a mage early on.

Suddenly there was a voice speaking up, a woman's. You've got to be kidding me... It was Lebraia... What is this, a class reunion? That includes the psychopaths? Still though, she seemed to be against killing all the Uncastables. Will knew that his words would have no effect on the politicians, so he stayed quiet as the room began to erupt. He needed to get back home and then get his mother somewhere safe, far away from here.

14. Exzalia

One more vote

"The uncastables will be culled a soon as we are ready." Lore announced, Nasvi sat back in her throne angrily but helpless." Suddenly an intrusion, one from the audience interrupted their briefing and began talking as if she was equal to them.

"Of all the insolence." Gashay scoffed, guards take her outside.

"She does have a point," Nesvi saw this as one last chance to save thousands, she would even side with the commoners to do it.
    "The vote has already been decided, it is out of our hands." Zeph said looking distraught. The two sat in their seats as the other delegates began to leave.

"Origin help us all." She mumbled.

"The vote, has not been decided!" A loud and powerful voices sounded through out the auditorium. All heads turned to the source of the sound and gasped in shock, Rivers heart froze at the sight of the tall golden haired woman, adorned in royal robes, a Farian. It was Magnolia.

Everyone began to murmur to each other, the chatter grew as Magnolia the ex- queen of Fare strolled in. Her complexion was that of a divine, her skin was radiant, her hair long, her figure near perfection.

"More insolence! You are not welcome here Magnolia, ex-queen of Fare this is a place for rulers not rebel leaders." Lore said angrily. It has long been known that Magnolia was currently leading an uprising against king Titen of Fare, she became known in battle for her brutality and efficiency at murdering enemy images, so much so that people named her, Magnolia the hell thorn.

Now here she stood in front of all of the delegation, the woman had a wolfish grin which betrayed her hidden nature, this beautiful woman, was the deadliest of roses.
    "I know that you old fool, but I did not come here as a rebel." Magnolia scoffed.
    "As long as king Titen is on the throne you can not simply usurp his power! Guards seize this ex- royal." Cinder ordered. Guards approached Magnolia, but instead of intimidating her it simply made her unnerving grin grow wider, as they came closer she lifted something from a box she was carrying.
    Everyone gasped in shock and revulsion.

It was old kings Titens head.

She threw into the middle of the round table they were at. Then in a dramatic display of power, she placed his crown on her head. "King Titen is dead, I am queen of Fare now."

Everyone was dumbfounded, king Titen dead? But he had ruled for over 200 years! He commanded one of the most powerful armies in Grove, but not even he could stop Magnolia the hell thorn.

"You are not queen, you're just someone who has committed treason! Arrest her!" Lore shouted. But as the guards advanced again, Magnolias' own guards bursted in their magic pointed towards any who dare hurt their queen.
    "Wrong old fool, I am queen and rightful air to the throne. I am the only relative king Titen had."

"What of his other relatives?" Cinder asked.

"Dead." Magnolia seemed to relish saying that. "My revenge, it is complete and now I am queen, and my sun shall be king after me, and so king Titen still lives in him."

"You have born Titens offspring?" Nesvi said still staring at king Titens freshly severed head.

"The old fool didn't know I had his child when he banished me, yes I have born his son, kill us and Fare will fall with the end of the royal bloodline."

Cinder, grudgingly and reluctantly bowed her head in a gesture of respect. "Then, I recognize you fellow queen, as lord sovereign of Fare."

Every one lost their cool. The audience began to go wild with shock and amazement, Lore turned red with anger, Nesvi still looked stunned. Magnolia, she had done it, she had won against Titen, her revenge had been completed, she was now queen.

"Now that that is settled, I will now vote."

Rivers hope did not raise with Magnolias words, the legendary hell thorn woman had even reached her home, Magnolia had been warring for 14 years! And her ruthlessness was made known world wide.

"The uncastables are done for." Nesvi Mumbled tragically, her eye's down cast. Lore for a moment seemed not too upset. Magnolia had killed a man he knew and respected, but at the very least the uncastables fate was sealed with her vote.

Magnolia took the stage, everyone fell silent.

"Regarding the uncastables, I, high queen Magnolia V Fare vote...nay"

"Come again Magnolia? did you say, not to kill the uncastables?"

"You heard me."

Nesvi's mouth dropped.

Magnolia continued. "Leave them be, they are no threat to us. Perhaps God has finally decided that magic is too much for human kind."
    "Magnolia the hell thorn, you have changed havn't you." Nesvi said smiling.

"Not enough change Nesvi, not enough."

"Well that still means were tied!" Moren said in annoyance
    "We'll reconvene at a later date, for now we should just watch the uncastable population, I have other things to discuss and do."

"We have to come to a decision, you can't just leave?" Gashay protested.

"there is a bleeding head on the table, good day Queen of Estal. Delegates." Nesvi bowed and then strode away, one by one the delegates began to leave, leaving everyone else chatting away as they tried to comprehend what had just happened.

15. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Kithri Silverbow

Kithri was drifting through the clouds listening to the debate, when she heard a change in the commotion on the ground. She curiously flew down to have a look.

"there is a bleeding head on the table, good day Queen of Estal. Delegates." Nesvi bowed and then strode away, one by one the delegates began to leave, leaving everyone else chatting away as they tried to comprehend what had just happened.

well i guess that is what the humans say as a formal greeting. She looked around and instantly spotted familiar faces. what, is that Magnolia?! She hovered over the gathering, wondering if she should go back to her comfortable cloud or descend into the crowd.

16. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Pip

"How boring; they should really spruce this place up a bit." Pip commented from her perch, hidden in one of the brightly-colored chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. So far, nothing had really piked her interest, but she had recogized a few people. Strangely, she was positive she had met them, though she felt that it was very, very long ago.

Oh well-

"..bleeding head on the table..." she heard someone say and immediatly looked up, eyes wide as she expected to see some sort of fight break out amongst the crowd. But of course to her dissapointment there was none -probably a figure of speech. But then she spotted the real thing and shreiked as she saw a woman place the crown from the head onto her own.

"Gross!" Pip squeaked, barely keeping her voice "indoors" as Emery had warned her to. Shuddering, she darted from the chandelier onto the floor, quickly running to her mother and stifling her chittering. Whenever she saw something that scared her she began to chatter "bad-bad-bad." so fast it was barely comprehensible.

Oh yeah, and she had forgotten that her mom was probably not too pleased with her right now. Great timing. Pip thought dully, continuing to chitter.

17. Exzalia

"Humans are insane." Pyria exclaimed though she couldn't hide the fact that a part of her was excited by all the action. "Still what a bad ass this Magnolia person is, like wow that was pretty Merc." Merc was one of those new fangled slang terms young people used now a days, well not elves they were too proper for that. But Pyria had both human and elf friends and so River sometimes heard the occasional odd saying. Pyria held out her hand, she observed it pondering to herself. "If humans are crazy, then I'm at least part crazy, Ha! It all makes sense now." This girl could make light of any situation.

A damrian gaurd walked up to River and whispered something in her ear, "Queen Nesvi wishes to see you, come to the palace hall when you are ready oh and umm...about your...mutt. Not sure if she'll be allowed in the palace."

Pyria's ears picked up on his whisperings, well at least this one was trying to be discrete about his distrust and hatred of half elves. Even so she stuck her tongue out at him.

Other people seemed to be getting the same message, Emery had a good walk up to her, Lebry, Will, they and many others there were called. Pyria realized she would probably get left behind and Decided to wander off and find something to keep her mind occupied.

As she waded through the crowds of people she spotted a strange looking man carrying a large bow. "Funny, not many people use powerful weapons, I mean when you have eather why would you need to?" she approached him curiously.

"Hey man, that's a Merc bow you got there. Your not from Damiruu are you?"

18. Pheonix

Will

Will was on his way out when a guard stopped him.

"Excuse me, you're Will Bartholomew correct? You've been summoned to by Queen Nevsi." The guard spoke quietly. "If you'll come this way." Saw that most of the others he'd recognized were also being approached. Reluctantly he agreed.

"Very well. But how did you know who I was?" He asked.

"We have our ways sir." The guard replied. "Please come this way."

19. Love to Write

River Hoya

The sudden and gruesome apperance of Magnolia, brought back bad memories of the battle for the Well of Darkness. Magnolia had killed Vashel that day then tried to kill them. Had she not been so weak she surely would have succeeded. A guard approached relaying the message that the Queen wished to see her. She almost knocked him across the room when he called Pyria mutt but reliezed it would set a bad example for Pyria.
    River was tempeted to bring Pyria along anyway but she had already dissappeared into the crowd.
    She found a guide to take her to the Queen and found several other familiar faces already waiting there. Will, Emery and several others.
    It's been fifteen years and suddenly the creator has brought us back together. Not to mention Magnolia's sudden rise back to the throne. Something terrible must be about to happen. Spirits protect us.

20. JessWrite

Emery Rose

Being summoned by the guard hadn't come at the best time. Pip was quivering in a fearful mess and saying Emery hadn't been happy about what had occurred would be an understatement. She shielded Pip's eyes from the bloody head as they walked past it toward another room they had been guided to.

Even if a guard told her so, she wouldn't let Pip out of her sight again; not with a murderous Queen in Demirruu. Past images of bloody battles and near death made Emery's stomach churn. But, she had to be strong for Pip, she couldn't let anything stir her.

It was then that she noticed River and another man had made their way to the room. Emery nodded at them while taking a long glance at the man. Was that...Will? She could hardly recognize him. He had changed, looked like a grown man with his stocky build and new beard. He was definitely not the young boy who's life she had once tried to rattle. He actually looked quite handsome in his suit of armor. Emery quickly looked down at her shoes as a shiver made its way up her spine. No, I cannot think such immature thoughts...

Instead, she took a deep breath and turned to Pip who was still chattering up a storm. Emery brushed her hand over the airmid's soft crimson feathers. Her previous frustration faded away as she smiled down at her daughter.

"It's alright sweetie, just be calm," She whispered. "I'm going to listen in on whatever this meeting is about, so I need you to be as quiet as possible. Can you do that for me please?"

21. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Pip nodded, managing to stop her chattering finally. With wide eyes she saw the others she had recognized gathering. More and more people she knew, and yet didn't know.

"Lebry was here." she said, looking up and trying to catch a glimpse of him in the crowd. Her feathers bristled briefly then settled as she straightened them. She must not look like a scared little chick in front of the grown-ups. And yet because of that she grew more nervous.

"Light-Wing." Pip muttered softly then curled her wings into her body to keep the others from noticing the fact that her primary feathers had suddenly become blades of Althea. She couldn't be too sure that the people here would be friendly; and her mom had taught her to be cautious around strangers. Stiffening her spine to make herself look older and more threatening than the thin, gangly teen Airmid that she was, she followed her mother into the room.

22. lixAxil

Lebry

"Hum, so who you said called me?... the queen?" A man spoke to Lebry who still covered his face... Suddenly a though assaulted his mind. Please... guide us. Surely Lebry's dumbfounded appearance confused the man.... No, Lebry stop daydreaming, said Lebry to his own mind.

"As long as my name is not mentioned I'll go" He make sure to cover his face. What would the Queen want with him... but what really was worrying him is what was Lebraia doing there, and where did she go, this is bad at this rate he would lost sight of the girl...

"Sigh....."

23. lixAxil

Alba's nightmare.

5 years ago.....

Three friends who lived in Adra used to play all time, despite the warnings of their parents they still get lost into the woods, caverns or any other nearby place. They were the best friends, and for years they played and nothing bad happened, not even once....
    The names of the friends were Friedrich, Hel and Alba.....
    As usual on this tales, all changed suddenly one day on an unexpected way, when Hel almost fell from the sky continent, if it weren't due to Friedrich actions who hold Hel as much as they could, Alba in the meanwhile went to seek for help.... But she didn't walked too much... A young lady between 20-30 years old, suddenly interrupted her way.
    "Little girl.. why the haste?..."
    "My friend Hel is in trouble, I need help please help me miss" said Alba with tear on her eyes.
    "Little girl... cannot you use magic to save them?"
    "No I can't, my mother said that I didn't born with the natural skills" Answered Alba.
    "Little girl... can your friends do magic to save themselves?"
    "Only Friedrich can... but he is busy helping Hel" screamed Alba.

The woman ignored her and walked toward the young boy Friedrich was.... And Alba never understood why did she kicked him outside the border.... mercilessly... he fell screaming, and Hel fell with him...

"This world will soon reject you.... sacrifices must be done to prevent that"

Alba stood there shocked in terror..... the woman did not attack her... But Alba went with anger and sadness against her... as a result the woman knock the little girl unconscious.
    "Let's see.... she must be from that village there...."

At the next day... a massacre happened in the village, where at least seven were killed, the culprit unknown. A girl was found unconscious outside the village. She is conscious, but she doesn't speak, neither answer.
    Alba stood like that for two long years, until the desire of revenge consumed her heart.....

--------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly she woke up, wearing a blue skirt, and a red shirt, Alba slept over, it was a luck to not be found, she was those that was rejected..... an uncastable.
    She wipe out the tear of her faces.... a nightmare... a nightmare of her past assault her again...
    In real she did not have a reason to come here, but to find that woman. The posibilities were few, but a lot of people from around the world where there.

"Excuse me sir, the queen calls for you" Said a nearby guard...

The queen is calling people? she thought, and after thinking it for a while, she decided to sneak in.

24. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

The Wanderer and the little one

“There is a bleeding head on the table, good day Queen of Estal. Delegates.”

The Lords and Ladies slowly dispersed, while the common mages continued to bicker. Shouts of ‘low life’, ‘infestation’ and ‘disease’ hovered through the air before being countered by ‘precious life’, ‘helpless’ and ‘innocent’. Many would be here long after the moon’s rise, so the Wanderer rose from his pew and moved through the crowd. He bumbled past the debate towards the door, desperate not to barge into any shoulders.

Soon enough he made it out to the open balcony that led to the staircase. Golden rays of the sun sparkled across the clouds below and warmed the building tops with a shimmering glow. The dull grey stone had been transformed into a dazzling bronze, while the wood flashed auburn. And hanging between each tower were strings of flags, depicting all the nations to display unity and togetherness. That representation did not come across well in the meeting.

The Wanderer’s mind was rattled with uncertainties and the thoughts of butchering so many clouded his mind. Death was so final whereas life had so much joy, and there was always a steep price to pay for anyone willing to take that away. Speaking of joy the Wanderer heard a bubbly voice from behind him, curious and happy.

“Hey man, that’s a Merc bow you got there. Your not from Damiruu are you?”

He turned to face a set of pearly white teeth beaming back up at him. The sunlight danced playfully over the girl’s crimson hair, and her eyes cut like cool ice. The Wanderer removed his hood and smiled back, revealing a thick mane of dull brown hair, streaked with thin white lines. His beard grew long, tied with faded silver ribbons to contain the mess. And underneath his dark skin hid two glorious eyes, dipped in melted gold.

“Maybe I am. Maybe it is you that is not from Damiruu?” A hearty chuckle followed his booming voice, and he slowly peered around to observe the commoners. “On this occasion it seems you are right little one. I must stand out like a Merclan in Caldon.” He let out another deep laugh, before pulling out a long pipe and lighting the herbs inside with a tiny flint and tinder.

Happily puffing away, the Wanderer leaned in a little to try and compensate for the gap in height. Even for a Damirian he was large, with his bow almost as tall. As he moved closer the Wanderer raised an eyebrow and took another puff. “And who might you be, little one?”

25. JessWrite

Emery Rose

Emery gave Pip a reassuring smile when she saw her tense up at the amount of people they had come across. Though she had been in their midst when she had hatched, they were still strangers to her.

"Lebry was here." Pip had told her. The words didn't sink into her being until a minute later. Emery gasped and stared at the airmid in disbelief. "What?! He was? Did he say anything to you? Did you say anything to him?"

She hadn't heard that name in ages. Emery swallowed hard as the past came back to her the second time that day. She had been so naive and indecisive back then. And, when she thought of Lebry she thought of his first encounters and conspiracies; of the time she wanted to kill him, and then the time where she had cried over his dead body...which hadn't been dead afterall. Or had it? She didn't understand even fifteen years later.

A bad feeling crept into her heart as she stood awkwardly in the room, waiting for whatever was to happen. Emery almost wanted to take Pip and leave before she had a chance to know. If they were all to be in one place and come together again, that was not a good sign at all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.