Tales of Exzalia, death of magic.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Luke blasted Will and Misven away with a powerful dark blast. Pip flew in unleashing all of her power. Luke grinned as Pips mental attack hit him.

"You want me to suffer pain? there is nothing you can show me that can cause me more pain!" Another shadowy hand struck Pip then grabbing her wing slammed her into the eather. The black wings on Lukes back grew larger. he pointed his hand at Pip.

"I will kill all who stand in my way."

2. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Seth Turian Health:1%

There was light. Light, and sound. Were they still fighting, was it not over yet? Seth stared into a large, grey piece of rock. Over the edge of it he could see figures fighting. He heard the clashing steel and the death roars. But above all, he heard Pip's voice. He was relieved and he wanted to get to her. But his body did not want to obey. It was terribly cold and, after an immense strain of effort, Seth managed to glance down at his own body. There was still a scythe in his chest and there was a pool of blood, some of it dried, around him. He closed his eyes, he did not want to see the damage that had befallen him. Everything was so cold and stiff. Blinking, no, even thinking caused the most agonizing of pains. He did not even know where he got the power from to stay alive, but he did know that he'd rather be dead. He was forced to observe to the ongoing battle whilst being unable to call out for help. They probably have abandonded me already, Seth thought to himself. And no wonder, he was pretty much covered in rubble and debris, and blood.

Then he realized he could still speak to Pip mentally. Pip... Seth closed his eyes, the strain was too much. He had to focus all his strenght on breathing, which became more troublesome by the second.

3. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Oh no you don't!" Pickles fired a second bullet at Tsuna to make sure he hit her. He wasn't thinking about his enemies safety anymore but he knew he would feel bad later if he did kill her. Pickles then fired a magical arrow from GB's crossbow at Luke's skull who at the moment see distracted with Pip. Pickles wasn't about to let more children die. He just couldn't.

4. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

"I will kill all who stand in my way."

Emery turned her body at the right moment to get a perfect view of Pip being struck by Luke's shadowy hand; a hand of Death.

"No you won't kill her!" Emery squealed. Gritting her teeth, she brought herself to stand. Her legs were weak and shaky as she struggled to the battle.

As she walked, Emery weaved a firebomb in her good hand. Once arriving to the scene, she threw the poorly-made wad of Charon at Luke's face and made her attempt to get to Pip's side.

5. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River

River sent weave after weave at the delagates who would stop them from saving Exzalia. Pain forgotten. Her daughter's noble face, as she struggled against the well, would be forever burned into her memory. Everything seemed to be falling apart. When she had agreed to this quest, willing to sacrifice everything...this was not what she had in mind. And unkillable Luke trying to end Exzalia, the delagates fighting to kill them, Will protecting Misven? and Pyria sacrificing herself in order to save Exzalia...it was almost to much for her to handle. So, she didn't. Channeling every last ounce of rage and grief she had within her, she fought for Pyria, for Will, for their future...for Exzalia.

6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"I will kill al who stand in my way."

Pip glared at Luke with all the hatred in her body, fire crackling as her swords withdrew into her wrists.

Fire is strengthened by emotion. her own words echoed in her mind as she brought up her knee hard between Luke's legs, giving him exactly what she thought of him.

"Yah, like I'm gonna fall to a FAKE Angelkin!" she screamed at him.

Pip. . . the voice in her mind made her jump away, and her eyes snapped wide open. "S-Seth . . . Seth!"

Hold on! she frantically thought to him, launching herself to the air with a powerful back-thrust of her wings. Then, before she was too far from Luke, she decided to light his wings on fire for good measure.

That aught to keep him busy -no guy could not feel pain from that kind of blow! Pip resisted to tell Seth what she had done, but she landed beside him, knowing that any movement on his part might take away any chance she had of saving him.

"Oh my god . . . Seth! Wake up, open your eyes!" she begged him, casting Light Shield over him and gingerly sliding out the scythe and healing him before he could bleed out. Moving to lay his head in her lap, Pip felt tears falling from her face onto his.

Seth . . . wake up . . . had she only felt him to realize that he was truly gone? Bowing her head and curling over him, Pip pressed her forehead against his. He couldn't be . . . he couldn't be . . .

"Don't go you stupid, rash . . ." she swallowed back tears, "Cuz I'm supposed to be the one to kill you, not a damn scythe . . . Don't go . . ."

"Don't go . . ."

7. JessWrite

Emery Rose

Emery breathed deeply. Don't get sick, don't get sick. She told herself, as she again glanced at her broken hand. From the look of the caked blood and twisted joints, it had the appearance of a mutation. Don't get sick, she repeated a third time as she made her way to Pip. A shield was around her as she cradled a near-dead Seth in her arms, bowing her head over him.

The sight made Emery's heart jerk. Seth...the boy she had come to despise, all because Pip loved him. Had she become envious of her own daughter? Had she stooped that low, to hate her loving another but her?

Seth hadn't been kind to her, but he was only a child; a child who had witnessed as much pain as she had.

Emery crept closer to Pip. "Hey sweetheart," she said, sitting on the ground a few inches away from the barrier. "I'm really sorry...for what I said before. I don't want you to think I don't care..." Tears made their way down Emery's cheeks as she glanced at Seth. "I did want you to be happy..."

8. Macaberz

Hold on!

The thought was weak and muffled but clear enough to distinguish Pip's voice. He wanted to say something back but he could not bring himself to it. He just layed there. Then the coldness faded. Something was happening, though Seth lacked the strength to open his eyes and inspect what was going on. Seth gurgled as the scythe was drawn from his chest. The wind was like salt on an open wound.

"Oh my god . . . Seth! Wake up, open your eyes!"

He gave it a try, he wanted nothing more than to reaffirm to Pip that he was still alive. But he simply couldn't. A drop of water splattered on his face and Seth realized it was Pip, sobbing over him.

"Don't go you stupid, rash . . ." she swallowed back tears, "Cuz I'm supposed to be the one to kill you, not a damn scythe . . . Don't go . . ."

The sound of Pip wailing over him was heart-breaking. Seth pulled together all the force he could muster and at last opened his eyes. Pip's face was close to him, her eyes red with tears. I am still here he whispered in his mind, and a weak smile curled around his lips.

-----

Berk Strongarm

Berk was still making his way to the others when he saw Emery's daughter land amidst the rubble. She seemed distressed. He hurried himself over to her and immediately saw why. The Seth kid was alive, by a thread, but still alive. He did not hesitate any longer and casted Breath of Life on the bloodied boy. Then Emery appeared too, she was badly injured and crying. Without second thoughts Berk casted Breath of Life on her too, though it drained him severly to cast so quickly. He did not give it much thought but before he knew it, his arm was resting on Emery's shoulder. The magic had been exhausting. "I am sorry Lady Emery..." he breathed as he locked eyes with the Charon woman.

"Don't cry now, both of you, he will be fine" Berk managed to say, though he did not sound all too convincing. He gave Seth a playful poke at which the boy screamed in pain, Pip gave him an angry look but Berk remained. "I don't understand, I healed him, he should be fine" Berk said. Then again, there was only so much magic could do and healing someone who had been impaled and of his age...the boy would live, but would he be the same?

9. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Pip looked up at her mom, her face streaked with blood and tears. She gave her a weak smile, "I know you care mom, that's just your job to not like any guys that i drag home," her voice cracked and a weak laugh came from her.

I am still here . . . Pip's head snapped around and she saw Seth looking at her. She choked back and sob and kissed him, hard. Not caring at all if her mom was watching.

10. Exzalia

Tusna got hit and stumbled the bullet sinking into her shoulder. She got back up and was hit by another shot this time in the legs, even so she forced away the pain. She was driven by her memories.

15 years ago, her brother and her running for their lives. Middle way was destroyed and everyone they knew had gone. At the tender age of six they were left to wander Exzalia alone and starving.

When the shadows of death began to grasp at them Tusna saw their salvation. It was in the form of elfs. Two of them found the dying siblings on the side of the road, there was some one else with them as well a half elf with dark skin, and red hair around five years old.

They rescued them both, until they realized Tusna was an uncastable. They cast her out, alone and kept her brother. He was a mage, and so his life was worth saving. She was left to die...but she didn't. She survived grew, and met Luke.

"Don't cry Tusna, I will make a world were the pain and suffering you went through will never happen again. If you will follow me."

Tusna yelled in defiance as she charged towards the barrier ignoring the pain. "For my new world!"

But her blade didn't hit the barrier, it hit Tusni, her blade sinking into his gut.

Luke was laughing now as they kept attacking him, he countered their weaves evaded their attacks and over powered them with Nox. blasting Pip and Emery away with powerful blows he then cast a huge spell over the barrier.

"I cast shadows of death."

When the shadows of death embrace you, use this necklace

That is what Nesvi meant, this was the spell. She was referring to Luke most powerful spell!

11. JessWrite

Emery Rose

"I know you care mom, that's just your job to not like any guys that i drag home," Pip's voice cracked and a weak laugh came from her.

Emery managed a weak smile as she looked lovingly at her daughter. How much Pip had grown physically and mentally over the course of this journey. Memories of all the times they'd had together played in her mind as she studied her daughters face. All the laughs and smiles, tears and heartache, yelling and fights; teasing and tackled hugs. She had known that one day she'd have to let go of her little baby airmid...she just didn't think the day would come so soon.

From the place where she sat, Emery saw Seth's eyes flutter open. Pip somehow noticed this quicker than she and embraced him, enveloping his lips in a kiss.

Emery looked down at the ground as her daughter reunited with her love. The thought of Lebry's death fifteen years ago came to her mind...again she thought of him. Let go. Those two words whispered into her mind with her every heartbeat. Let go...Live.

Her moment of silence was interrupted as Luke cast a spell against the barrier. Emery flew to the side, landing on her hand. She yelled out in a pain as she struggled to sit up, gasping for air and shivering from the pain. Live? I may not have enough time.

12. Macaberz

Seth flinched as Pip kissed him, it was an odd mixture of pain, relief but above all, love as their lips met. But the moment was far too brief, Luke's magic blasted Emery, Pip and Berk away. He was simply too powerful, there was no hope left. They were all going to die.

"I cast shadows of death." Luke's voice rolled over the battlefield like a thunder in a storm.

When the shadows of death embrace you, use this necklace the words were almost projected into his mind. The necklace, Nesvi's necklace. Would it be the key to defeating Luke? Seth had suspected it would play a part but, how? What was he supposed to do? Then he thought of Pip who he loved so very much and of James, the boy whoms fate would be much worse than his should they fail. And all the other thousands of lives that had been sacrificed in the process of defending what he both loved and hated. Magic. Will, River, Berk, Emery, Tassy, Pickles, Tess, Tusni, Misven, Magnolia, Rose all of them worthy friends. All of them people who had helped him each in their own way.

The memories of these people gave him the strenght as he pushed himself upward. As the dust settled from Luke's blast Seth limped over towards him. His face covered with sweat, blood and dust, his hair clogged with sand. One hand -pale and stained with dried blood- clutched to his stomach. With the other he tore the necklace from his neck. He could hardly stand as he lifted the necklace up towards Luke. Warmth and light began to radiate from it. Light so blindingly bright that Seth dropped the necklace to cover his eyes.

Whatever it was, it'd better work.

13. Exzalia

Lucious the fallen

The spell surrounded them destroying the gaia Barrier, but before it could destroy Pyria a blinding light struck Luke bleaching his skin, a violent scream escaped his mouth. he was thrown back his spell fizzing out. Something strange happened at that moment, something black and smokey flew out of Lukes body. Luke fell to the ground panting heavily, the spell hadn't killed him, it hadn't even hurt him. But something was certainly wrong.

The shadowy clump blasted out of Luke stood up, laughing. it began to form into a humanoid body, black wisps began falling off like sheded skin. Soon a pale complextion could be seen, then eyes. It grew larger and larger until it was easily bigger than Zad. Black wings spread out like the night sky. Cold eyes with a cold smile appeared on the creatures face.
    A fallen, a fallen was inside Luke.

"Lucious...what are you doing?" Luke gasped staring up at her, robbed of all his power.

"I'm sorry Kale, it seems someone knew how to exorcise me from your body Nesvi found out our little secret after all, even when you killed her she got the better of you. A pity, it seems you have out lived your usefulness anyway."

never had such fear been in Lukes eye's, his memory flashed back to the day he made his pact with her. he was dyeing from the starvation curse after seeing his sibling sercome to their hunger. She came to him in a dream, a beautiful creature who promised him revenge, and a world were no one would suffer if he carried out her will.

"I did what you promised, I drained Exzalia and released you from the eather prison that bound you inside the Delven pit!" Luke yelled. "you promised me, a world!"

"with no pain, yes and you will have your world. in death." Lucious then stepped on him, like one would crush a bug, wiping him from the soul of her feet she looked down at the other mortals.

" There will never be peace magic or no magic, only when mortals are dead will suffering end. I am Lucious...Exzalias judge. And I find her...guilty. She raised her hand.

"finally, I'm free."

Her power was indescribable, "Just a few more seconds!" Pyria yelled she was dying as the spoke her skin growing pale.

Even a few seconds, can we last even that against such a creature? "Tess muttered." He looked at everyone there, everyone fighting for Exzalia.

"everyone, hit her with everything you have!" Tess yelled as he began to weave.

Lucious rose in the air weaving something truly monstrous her very presence seemed to drain the life force out of them.

14. Love to Write

Tears ran down River's face at the sight of her daughter, in pain and dying. A divine rose from Luke's form and killed him like he nothing but a bug. Lucious looked at River and her companions with the same contempt.
    "Everyone, hit her with everything you have!" Tess yelled.
    River cast earthen barrage and then right after cast Dark Winds, having weaved it faster than she ever had before. She put all her strength into the spell. If her daughter was to die, it would not be in vain. And certainly not by that monster's hand.

15. Kingtype

Pickles fired multiple energy arrows and mage slayer bullets at Lucious. His green eye was wide with fear. Why would this creature Lucious do all this? What was the point. Once again the hero found himself baffled that everyone was going to all this trouble when it would be a lot easier to get along. But even though he didn't understand he knew it was pointless in asking. So the hero kept on shooting arrows and bullets at Lucious. Pickles clenched his jaw in sadness and anger as he heard Pyria's cries. To be honest he would of rather been taking on Luke then Lucious. Why did the pretty ones always try and kill him and his friends?

16. Macaberz

There was nothing Seth could do but stare as a terrifyingly beautiful woman appeared before them. It was Lucious, the fallen divine Tess had told them about. Apparantely Nesvi's necklace had seperated her from Luke's body. So she was it, the entire reason, the only reason that people truly suffered. Hundreds of thousands had died because of her, anger boiled inside him but there was nothing he could do. He could hardly stand, let alone walk, casting a spell was out of the question. If only she breathed in his direction, he would die. Seth was standing dangerously close to her, she was only a few feet away, and her very presence seemed to usurp the life out of them. As if she used that very will to life, to obliterate them.

Then, from the corner of his eye, Seth saw a green shimmer. Before he could react he was knocked to the ground by something small, but with alot of force behind it. He landed behind a large piece of marble, that served as a physical shield standing between him and Lucious. All he could hope now was that she would not see him. He groaned and breathed heavily as he glanced up towards his saviour. It was James, the little boy. The ring of Selena, Seth's mother, shimmered brightly on his hand. The little boy brought his finger to his lips as they both froze in their current position.

Pip! Get to cover! Seth shouted. No! We must stop her, you stay away from her! Pip replied, her voice was tremolous but she had the authority of Emery. Besides, there was not much Seth could do that would even scratch the demon before them. Pip on the other hand started to weave franctically, her wings oozed with light as she dashed up into the air and started to hit the Fallen One from all kinds of angles. I am distracting her, get out of there Seth! she shouted into his mind. I am not. Leaving. Without...you Seth responded. Stay back! Don't make me drag your royal ass out of here! Pip snorted in return.

Berk began to weave Nature's Loyalty for one last time. As the weave completed all nearby creatures were summoned to fight the Fallen Divine. Deers, rabbits, foxes, wolves, bears, mice all kinds of creatures crept from the shadows of the forest in which Adra had crashlanded, any animal that could walk, run, jump or fly dashed towards the demonic woman, attacking with unprecedented fierceness.

17. Exzalia

happy ending?

Lucious faked yawned as they piled on their attacks. it did nothing, nothing at all. She waved her hand sending stream of Althea at them. the attack too large to dodge struck their magic guard crushing the barriers like they were nothing. The heroes landed on the ground in great pain. Lucious began making her way to Pyria.

"You want a world with out suffering, a world with out evil and pain? the problem isn't magic it's the nature of mortals, sooo what do you do? isn't it obvious?" Lucious laughed. "you get rid of the mortals. Only then will this world have peace." At this rate Pyria wouldn't finish in time but then something unexpected happened, Crumpet happened.

no more waking up from his slumber, He'd ridden the massive earthen serpent from Double Dragon and went sailing over her shoulder as the twin forms crashed into Lucius. Rolling to a stop where the others had gathered, Crumpet slowly regained his footing and glanced at his companions. Bravely they fought, even though they faced a divine, even little Pyria was weaving with all her might. Yet, as powerful as the young girl was, she was visibly drained. Crumpet limped to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. You're too young. You have too much to live for. You have a family, you have friends. Crumpet smiled sadly as he remembered when he was young- when he had dreams. His hand was glowing now, and he simply shook his head. Millions of thoughts flew through his head, millions more words to say, yet not to them. To them, he had no words. Well, maybe a few. Crumpet looked briefly at Tassy and very simply stated,

"You suck." Then, turning back to the halfling who stood before him, he smiled. "Hey Purell. Weave faster." Sorry I'm late honey. I'm finally coming home. Crumpet immediately began glowing, eather coursing around him and through his hand as he drained all his life force into Pyria. Soon enough, his tail was extinguished and the gleam in his eyes was gone, but his mouth was frozen in a faint smile.

Pyria's weave exploded, it was much quicker and much more powerful then any of them expected. "CORRUPTION!" she yelled as her spell flew forward! It missed the fallen divine by a long shot, but Lucious was the target. The nox counter spell was aimed for the draining, the weave in the sky.

The full force of the move hit the weave rocking it side ways a little sending a shack wave of energy, and then...it began to crack.

"No! Luscious roared not yet, were did that mortal get that power?" then suddenly the amount of eather draining into the weave began to fall back out, it began to fall like rain onto Exzalia, eather wiping wildly here and there.

"It's a misweave! Run!" Tess ordered

The ground began to shake and split in two, the sky seemed to crack and shatter as a colossal misweave began to form ripping apart space and time. River looked on desperately to see if Pyria had lived, but the eather blocked everything from view, only the angry fallen could be seen. Chains made of eather locked onto her arms, another onto her wings she seemed to be dragged down by some force.

"Damn it! I came out of him too soon, the draining was so close to completion! my world was so close! But this isn't over!" Lucious laughed as they began running from the Misweave. "Exzalia is still weak from the draining, I will break out of my prison, and I will rid the world of mortal scum!" She hit the ground as the eather began dragging her back below.

"You only delayed the inevitable! Exzalia will still die!"

They ran as fast as they could while the misweave grew larger and larger, Tess suddenly stopped running, and stood looking back.

"What are you doing brother we have to go!" Tassy called.

"They won't make it in time, unless." he suddenly dashed towards the weave.

"Tess!" Tassy said extending her hand as Pickles grabbed her and began running. Tess looked back at the Misweave, a result of stopping the draining with so much power. "If I can just divert the explosion upwards, then River and Will will be safe, Pyrias family will be safe." He began to weave tidal storm, quickly before the misweave went critical and destroyed everyone.

"Tess!"

He turned expecting to see Tassy, but it wasn't her, it was Vayla.
    "Vayla run now! It's too dangerous here!"

"Why did you think I came back! I came back because you were in danger!" Vayla ran to his side, "I came back because I love you."

The sounds of the misweavingg spell became a roaring thunder, bright light and wind blew about violently. "Vayla you already know my heart belongs to River, don't die for someone who doesn't love you. Live Vayla, live and find the love of your life."

"But you are the love of my life Tess!" She ran and hugged him, "And when you truely love some one, you don't do it because they will love you back. I don't care if you never love me Tess, I will always love you. That's what loving means." Vayla stepped back and began weaving along side Tess. Tess looked at her heartbroken, he began tearing up as he observed her risking everything for him. "Vayla, forgive me, for all those years you stayed with me, forgive me for not loving you the way you loved me."

Vayla smiled weakly "It's not your fault, we can't help who we love." Vayla replied tearing up her self.

The eather was about to explode it bulged and pulsated, Tess stared into Vayla's eye's. "You're right, life isn't a fairy tale. not everyone get's with their true love, not everyone has a happy ending." Vayla looked deep into Tess's eye's as they both began to break down. their doom was upon them.

"then...if we are destined for a sad ending, then lets have our sad ending together." In the all consuming light the misweave exploded. in that moment Tess and Vayla embraced, casting their spell diverting most of the force upward. Rivers elf eye's could see past the light, they could see the two lone figure embracing for the first and last time, before being totally, and utterly, destroyed.

It was like snow, the bits of eather blown into the air fell down from the sky like snow, a beautiful sight, millions of colored lights drifting down onto Exzalias surface absorbing them selfs back into their dyeing home. It was quiet, in the distance the sun broke through the dark clouds, only the wind howled.

Nothing remained, not of Tess, or Vayla, or Pyria. not even rubble remained, everything inside the blast radius was wiped clean. They had won, but at such a cost.

"we did it, but was it worth it.." Tassy asked as she gazed upon sad eye's and downed hearts. "Was it really worth it?"
    suddenly, a chime could be heard off in the distance Tassy looked up. a windseer.

It was red one flying through the snow of eather, it was flying, weak but flying, alone, but flying, battered, but still flying.

18. Kingtype

Pickles whistled. His eyes sad but the hero had a faint smile on his face. It was over at least for now. "Totally, it was totally worth it." He stated in reply to Tassy as he set a the knocked out Red down. Pickles couldn't even really cry anymore. Not much point in it. Everyone was already sad enough, he was hurt to but for some reason the tears just didn't flow. He wasn't numb he still felt the pain but he to was happy to cry. Him and his friends had done their duty as heroes and kept the people of Exzalia safe. Of course he wished could have made the sacrifice so Misiven had a son and River a daughter. Not to mention the countless dead friends, his parents dead, his people dead, children dead and nations fallen but if he could do it again he would without a second thought. "Yeah it was worth it." He said again with a painful yawn.

Now came the aftermath. But he had Tassy and that's all he really needed. Pickles would keep his promise and change as much as the world as he could. He wouldn't change it as a hero but as man. For he had gained plenty of things on this quest. Wisdom, love, friends, allies, reputation, his sisters respect and many other things. But for each thing gained he lost a lot to. He couldn't even imagine what River was going through.

19. Love to Write

There is no greater pain, than for a mother to watch her child die. Though, perhaps this pain was lessened some...by the knowledge her daughter had died a hero. A savior of Exzalia. River walked slowly towards the crater, in great emotional and physical pain. She knelt in it's center, and the first of many tears to come fell into the dust. So many lost. Tess, Vayla, Crumpet, Pyria...the worst of these being Pyria. There wasn't even a body to bury.

Memory after memory of the fun Pyria and River had before this "adventure", flowed through her mind. She couldn't help but smile sadly at some of them. Pyria's first firebomb burning off half her hair, Pyria bringing home some sort of wild tree-rat asking to keep it as a pet, Pyria tasting the spicy callirin root for the first time and spewing it across the table and onto River's lap...and so many more. Her face twisted in pain again as it began to dawn on her they would no longer share such moments.

Why would you give her to me, only to take her away like this? River looked up at the quiet sky with blearied eyes, begging her Goddess for an answer. It came, though wether from her own mind or her Goddess, no one knows.
    For this moment. So that you could raise her up in what is right and just. Had you not been the one to raise her, perhaps she would have never come to this moment. To sacrifice herself for Exzalia.
    But at least she wouldn't have died.
    No. She would have...and all of Exzalia with her. She is a hero, and your guidance played no small part in that.

After a long moment a song could be heard arising from the crater. An elvin lament, River's lament. The mournful song was sad and yet hopefully, a cry of mourning for what had been lost and a prayer of thanksgiving for that which would be gained. For despite the sacrifices, despite the loss...they had also succeeded. All the loss had not been in vain. They had saved Exzalia.

20. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will

This was it, the end. Eather blasted out everywhere, raining down on the land, returning to it's rightful place. It was like life was flowing back into the world, but as the light from the misweave faded, so did Will's hope that somehow--beyond hope--Tess, Pyria, and Vayla had survived. There was nothing left, nothing at all, in the wake of the explosion. Will fell to his knees, tears flowing freely down his face. He knew that they had won, but it didn't feel like a victory. It felt more like the end of a long, sad song, that you knew how it would end from the start, but it gave you just enough hope to imagine that it would have a happy ending. It was an end, and a victory, but not a happy one.

A moment later River began to sing. Will went to her, and stayed by her side. There was no consolation, not right now, only the sharing of grief. But also the hope for a better tomorrow.

21. JessWrite

Emery Rose

Silence.

Emery couldn't remember the last time she had experienced silence; the calm after a violent storm. It was then a song broke into the silence, bringing with it a sweet sadness. Emery didn't have to look up to know the owner of the singing voice, who's words flowed into her very soul.

At that moment, Emery didn't know what to feel...relief or sorrow? She'd experienced too much pain during this trip, too much sorrow. Everyone had.

Cradling her crippled hand, Emery managed to stand. The destruction was great indeed as she made her way pass the others, all the while searching for Pip, Seth, and Berk. Tears fell freely down her face as her mind began to slowly think on the lives that had been taken, all for the hope of Exzalia's future.

Finally she found the two sought after teens. Her eye fell first on her daughter, but instead of going to her...she went to Seth, who appeared to be sleeping. Bending down to him, she whispered in his ear.

"I'm sorry for ever doubting you...or your trust. Please know that there is no longer any strife between us." Whether he heard or not, it didn't matter. At least she had rid her heart of what had been holding her hostage, she had had enough fighting.

Two words echoed in her mind as she looked up at Exzalia's sunrise. Let go.

22. Exzalia

"Is that...Saya? where am I? did I stop the draining?" a red headed half elf drifted along in what felt like nothingness. lights were shineing in the sky like a swarm of still fire flies. Eather was everywhere, caressing her body, filling her soul. She should be dead, it was only by Crumpets sacrifice that she now lived. But where was she? her vision was blurred and she could only make out come sort of night sky and who she thought was Saya laying beside her.

She drifted asleep dreaming of her life with River and Will and Tess. how Crumpet would come over to tell jokes and how Emery would give teaching lessons. As the dream wore on it got darker however, she dreamed of Lucious trapped in her prison lusting about her revenge, casting hexes and curses on on her family and freinds. Pyria awoke with a start.

This time she found her self in what appeared to be some sort of library, and not a very well kept one at that. books lay strewn all over the place, shelfs destroyed. She got to her feet and wandered around dizzily. her body hurt all over, it was then she noticed her right arm was gone, destroyed by the misweave.

Pyria stumbled out of the library her brain struggling to remember what had happened, "Luke, didn't he say something about the eather going some where? this world must be the place but, where is here?" It was then she spotted a sign, it read.

massachusetts

23. Exzalia

Hope

"So that's where you are." magnolia walked over and gave Moren a loud slap upside his head. He glared at her the two showing general dislike for each other. But then suddenly, Magnolia hugged him, she began to weep tears of joy.
    "Stupid child, I was so...worried."

Moren seemed surprised by her display of affection, he said nothing. but hugged her back.

Tuna held Tusni in her arms, she too was over come with emotion. "I'm sorry, I only wanted us to be together," She sobbed. Tusni looked up at his sister, he stroked her grief striken face.
    "Dumy, you didn't need to destroy magic for that. I was looking for you all this time." They embraced for the first time in 15 years, "it will be okay." Tusni said, "I'm here now, we can be together forever and magic or no magic will break us apart." Tusna nodded, they then held each other for what seemed like forever.

Haze looked on, her eye's held great disillusionment. "We..were wrong, we were wrong!" She clenched her fist in frustration her chest heaved, water flowed from her eyes. "All the people I killed, the children we sacrificed, all for nothing!" Over whelming guilt took hold of the shadow mage as her sins flew back to her face.

"I killed so many people, all for nothing." *Sniff* "I don't desrve to live!" She suddenly got up and began to run, run away fro her guilt, away from everything.

Misven limped up to will and River, she tried to say something to them. To Will in particular. But nothing came out, nothing could come out. Instead she walked past them her head hung in confusion. Finally looking at Will she mumbled.

"Well played human, well played."

Taking the orb away from Tassy she sat in the spot were Tess had last stood, and didn't move.

Tassy after sometime got to her feet, taking Pickles by the arm she went over to Emery Seth and Pip. them and everyone else began to walk back home together, as Tassy looked around all she saw was sadness. She thought for a moment, and then she began to sing.

A song full of hope

24. Macaberz

A matter of Time

ignore this post

25. Macaberz

Seth Turian

There was a tree, a willow larger than any tree Seth had ever seen before. Its leaves seemed to glow softly like moonlight in a starless night. Before the tree sat a man. He had a long, thin, grey beard which reached almost to his waist. The man had his eyes closed, his hands stirred in a pool of water before him.

"What the he-"

"Quiet, you must not disturb us" the man said. Though his words were more like a whisper, the willow bristled as if it resonated the words. The voice was kind but stern. Seth simply gawked at the man, he was frozen on the spot. His injuries were still there, but he was no longer hiding behind a piece of Adra's palace.

He felt someone was pulling his sleeve, it was James. "Where are we?" the boy whispered, his eyes displaying a mixture of fear and concern. But Seth did not pay attention to the little kid, his vision rested upon the pool before the man. He saw himself and James hiding behind the piece of Adra's palace, there was a blast like he had never seen before, the light bursted out of the pool and for the second time that day, Seth shielded his eyes with his arm. When the light faded there was nothing but ash. The spot he and James had been hiding was leveled to the ground. Then, the pool turned black.

The man rose to his feet and dried his hands. Out of the willow a crow landed on his shoulder. It crowed three times, as if it were speaking.

"Yes dearie. No dearie, I have not forgotten dearie" the man whispered to the crow. The crow seemed satisfied with that answer and notched its head between its feathers. The man gazed into the distance for a while before his attention returned to the flabbergasted Seth and James.

"I owe you a great deal more than you can imagine." the man said to Seth, as he walked over to him. His blue eyes rested upon Seth, a worried look flashed across the old man's face. "Your time here is up now, I see that you have many questions, all will be answered in time."

Seth was still staring at the pool. The man followed his gaze until he too stared at the ink black pool. The water in it was perfectly still like a mirror, except, it did not reflect any light.

"Ah yes, that is what happened" the man said with a weak smile "or at least, that is what would have happened, if you had been there. But you are, or should I say were, not there. You are here."

"But where is here?" Seth asked. The man grabbed Seth by the shoulders "dearie me, you are a lot thinner than I thought" he murmured under his breath, as if Seth had just walked in. "Thin, but brave."
    The man blinked a few times, seemingly unaware that he had been talking and began to answer Seth's question.

"All in time my boys, all in time. I have meddled with great powers to save you, but then again, so have you. Though I have helped you a little, in your dreams."

The man chuckled, "You should return now my boys, though I must ask you a favor, do not speak of this." the man sighed as he gazed up to the stars in the sky "the time is not yet right."

Seth frowned at the man, he had a suspicion who he was but he did not dare utter the word.

"You seem worried" the man stated.

"Yes, yes I am. What is there for me in Exzalia?"

"You have changed your mind then?"

"Changed it?" Seth frowned, "no, I have not changed my mind. I have always believed the shadow mages were right. Magic is more of a curse than a blessing. It has caused more harm than good, more injustice than righteousness." Seth said "I wish there was a place without magic..." he sighed.

"There is, but it will not be without magic for long."

"Then I will help that world to put a stop to it. Magic" Seth said "is no good. Not for anyone. Exzalia is done for. Life must continue elsewhere, life without magic. It is the only way."

"So you will go then? You know you will no longer have any more memories of this world?"

"What choice do I have? You ask me if I want to live in a world full of injustice, brought to its knees by magic. Damirruu was destroyed because of magic, Charon was destroyed because of magic. As long as there is magic there will be war. " Seth said thoughtfully. His mind went back to the death of his mother, the death of Nesvi, how lonely he had felt when his uncle passed, how mistreateded he had been at the orphanage.

"Will I have a family?" Seth asked.

"Yes." the man answered.

"Then it is decided. No more magic" Seth said boldly as he slid of Pip's ring. "My thoughts are my own" he muttered as the ring dissolved into dust.

"Can I come with you?" James pleaded, "we could be brothers!"

"If that is what you want. Yes, yes we could be a proper family." Seth responded. "It is decided"

Seth swallowed down a gulp as he though about Pip one last time. He was betraying them all, but it was for the best. Magic was only an illusion, an illusion that could not last forever.

The man put his hands on their foreheads "Very well." the man said, "sleep now and awake in the new world."

Seth and James' Exzalian forms landed at the place of the misweave. They seemed asleep but their physical forms in that land were in limbo for their souls lived out physical lives on earth. As long as they lived on earth their bodies in Exzalia would remain dormant. If they were killed in Exzalia, there would be no way back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.