Tales of Exzalia, death of magic.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Pip suddenly felt every hair on her body stand on end, and she looked at Seth, who lay prone on the ground.

She no longer felt his presence, and she watched the ring slowly dissolve into dust off of his hand. A chill slowly ran up her spine, and she felt betrayal rear its ugly head.

"Mom, he can't hear you. Not where he is . . ." she said faintly, barely finding her voice, "I can't feel his mind anymore, but i know . . . i think that he just wanted something better."

Maybe he was never meant for this world . . . she thought, and folded her wings with a soft rustle, tears stinging her eyes. Walking over, she pulled her mom away from him and cast a spell behind her as she went. It was Light Shield -but this time, it would only vanish should she die.

Somehow, she felt that Seth was still in this world, but that he couldn't wake up.

"Let's go." she mumbled, a painful lump in her throat as she wrapped her arms around her mother and took off, "Let's go home . . ."

Seth . . . I hope you're happy, wherever you are . . .

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

As Pickles walked away with the rest. He found himself already looking for a better tomorrow. "Wow this has been quite the adventure." He said brightly as he gripped Tassy's hand. "So you guys up for breakfast when we get back to town?"

"Why so happy?" Red asked sadly

Pickles grinned nervously. "I'm not but I figured I'd just give some playful walking away banter since the credits are gonna be rolling soon."

Red nodded. "Ah makes sense."

"Yep." Pickles said with a yawn. Pickles leaned close to Tassy and kissed her on the cheek. "I think we could use a break Pumpkin." He said with as much cheer as he could muster as he and his friends began the long trip home.

So ends the hero's journey for now, He had found love and pain in all the right places but most of all he had truly become what he sought out to be a hero for all ages.

Of course we all know the heroes journey never really ends and until it does the man called Pickles to some and Peter to others would be there sword and shield in hand, ready to save the day.

3. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will and River--Peace

River and Will sat on the beach overlooking a sparkling lake hidden in the mountains, several miles from the nearest town. She rested in his arms, a beautiful ring with a blue gem, sparkling on her finger. It had been four months since her daughter's death. The pain was still present but it lingered in the background on this wonderful day. "Pyria would have loved the wedding yesterday."
    River shifted her head to look into her new husband's eyes. "And your mother. She's a good woman."

For Will, this was the closest he'd been to happy in a long time. It had taken weeks for him to stop mourning the loss of his friends, and now that their quest was over, it had been hard for him to reconcile his guilt at the things he'd done. But River had been there for him the whole time, and he for her. Finally one day he had gotten up, feeling much better, and went out without telling anyone. He was gone most of the day, but when he came back it was with the most beautiful blue gem he could find set in a ring, and gave it to River. They were married not a week later, and now they were here.

"She is..." Will said. There was a quiet reserve about him of late. He looked down at River and kissed her forehead. "I just wish that Pyria could have been there." He said somberly. But then after a moment of silence, he smiled at River, "She was with us in spirit I'm sure."

She nodded. The sun was just starting to set, turning the sky a beautiful hue of orange and pink. It was perfect. After a quiet moment she said, "I didn't think it would be possible...for me to be happy again. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Will just smiled at her. "Or I you." As the sun set on Exzalia, Will felt something that he hadn't for a long time: Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.