Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Tales of Exzalia dying worlds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Jan 14, 2013.

The year is 767 of the fifth cycle. Exzalia is still recovering from the devastating effects of the death of magic incident. The knowledge of the shadow mages attempts to drain the world of it’s eather, and the revealing of the conspiracy perpetrated by the delegates of every human nation save for Fare, has thrown Exzalia’s political and economic system into turmoil. The loss of eather fifty years ago, also known as the draining, sapped the planet of most of it’s magic. To a world were almost everything is based off magic, this was beyond damaging. While the draining was eventually thwarted, the shadow mages still managed to suck dry 70% of Exzalias eather, leaving the world dry and starving. Eather, also known as magic, was the driving life force that had kept Exzalia going for untold eons. With it suddenly in short supply, Exzalia has gone into a steady decline. My world, while living, is now sick, very sick. What little eather is left has been stretched so thin that magical creatures such as fairies and windseers are all but gone living only in isolated pockets. Exzalia is now a shadow of it’s former self, grey clouds carpet the skies of otherwise sunny area’s, much of the flora has died out, leaving scarred waste lands.

Exzalia’s people have not faired much better, most of the elves left in search of any forests still standing. Airmids took to the sky never returning to the barren ground. Mers and Scorchfiends have been becoming scarce, those that remained are locked in a savage war with one another. Only humans seem to be coping our great strength coming from our ability to adapt. But humans have not had it their own way, the loss of eather seemed to have devastating effects on our species, there are now more uncastables than ever, only 1 in 10 humans are born with magical ability, and those who are born have had their life expectancy drop drastically. Plagues and other such ailments that never troubled humanity before are starting to appear, we have grown shorter, and weaker more frail. It seems we too were dependent on the eather.

Mages are now the minority. What’s more the loss of magic has cause weaving and spell casting to become less reliable. Spells that were considered easy now take twice as long to weave, and powerful spells that could level cities in the past, now don't work half as well. This hasn't gone unnoticed by non magical beings. Giants now roam the country side pillaging and slaughtering human villages who no longer have the power to drive them off with magic. The uncastables, those without magic are beginning to take advantage of the weakening state of mages.

New powerful weapons which do not rely on magic are being developed, weapons that when compared to the weak state of magic are just as deadly. This has caused violent tensions between the growing number of uncastables and their former mage superiors. The past fifty years has been marked with bloody wars as kingdom after kingdom suffered crippling revolts, food shortages, and violence. Humanity is now locked in a desperate battle with it’s self, the majority made up of uncastables verses the minority of the few mages left on Exzalia.
    This truly is a sick planet.

But my story does not stop with one world, but with two. The eather drained from Exzalia did not disappear, it was sent somewhere. On that planet, different but just as terrible events are taking place. Terra otherwise know as Earth is now the center of a great conflict. During the draining, the shadow mages needed to store the eather they were stealing in another world. Earth was chosen as a storage unit of sorts. Now this world is being flooded with magic that is not supposed to be there. Reports are coming in from all over the planet of supernatural disasters, freak weather patterns. Sudden disappearances and unexplained deaths. From half eaten bodies to the vanishings of entire schools, both worlds are now being thrown out of balance. And on earth, Only I can stop it. Or at least, that’s what I believed.

Tales of Exzalia,
    Dying Worlds

Welcome to the third installment of the Exzalia story line. In this Rpg you will be making not one character, but two. One character will live on Exzalia, the other on earth. The story will be like no other, as it will cover two sets of events, happening at the same time but in different worlds: Our world, and Exzalia. The story will be episodic, dealing with one story on earth and then flipping to Exzalia. During the tale you will be able to see how both stories affect one another. When imagining Exzalia and it's people, think a mix of fantasy and steam punk. As you may have noticed TOE DW (Tales of Exzalia Dyeing worlds) is what will conclude an epic trilogy starting from TOE 1 through TOE 2. But you do not need to have played those rpg’s to be in this one. So join old and new alike! However if you are new there are something’s you should know about the game play that will make this rpg, very different from other rpg’s.

[​IMG]

Game play

Leveling up!
    I want this game to grow your characters as such I will award experience points to characters for various feats they complete. Killing monsters will give you points! Defeating enemies will give you points! Solving a puzzle will give you points! Wining duels will give you lots of points! The amount of points will be determined by me, and players get more points depending on certain criteria. Example all players who battle get ten points but the player who deals the killing blow will get 10 extra points.

Leveling system

All characters start out needing 100 experience points to reach level 1, once you reach 100 you level up. With each level you get to learn a new spell! And for uncastables an upgrade. This spell can be anything in the bounds of the eather your character can use but must be ran by me first. Each time you level up the amount of points you need to level up again increases by 100 points so at level 2 you need 200 points to level up again, at level 3 you need 300 points and so on.

This goes for earth characters as well, every time you level up you will learn a new ability or you can choose to upgrade an existing one, a luxury Exzalians don’t have.

If you’re an uncastable every time you level up you will get an upgrade to your weapons and armor in the form of enchantments.

The Journey

In your journeys you will encounter not only enemies but puzzles. Exzalia is filled with dungeons and labyrinths each housing secrets, and Earth too will have it’s fair share of puzzles. I will award players with prizes for solving the puzzles I give them. How it works is the first person to solve the puzzle in the discussion thread will be awarded a prize in the story thread. The prize will usually be a really neat artifact, or gold among other things. All players who try to solve the puzzle will still get points. I ask that you post your level in the title of your post to keep track easy, I will keep track of the points your character has so far.

Finally I will not only be GM but narrator, I want you to see my world, breathe it, be a part of Exzalia. Many of my posts will be describing the scenery, the sights and sounds of my endless planet, get ready you’re going to see some awesome stuff.

Rules of combat​

We are not going with the traditional rules of fighting like in most rpg’s, in this rpg damage taken and given is handled by me, the gm. I will have power over how much damage your characters do to the enemies they encounter, whether your spell kills them, or it does nothing all together. If you feel I am not being fair please pm me I can assure you I am very reasonable. I also have some control over the amount of damage your characters sustain think of me as the guy who yells
    SUPER EFFECTIVE!!
    My word is law, if I decide your character could not dodge the attack of a certain monster or spell, or becomes poisoned etc, please don’t be a spoiled sport. If you have a real problem with it just pm me. I assure you I am a reasonable guy.
    I will also post any status conditions, damage and other battle related notes in the discussion thread during combat, so keep an eye out for updates!

This RPG will be an exciting challenge; characters will most likely get hit and defeated a couple times, but that’s okay because that will be the motivation I will use to get you to desire power and points!

CASTING SPEED
    Part of what will make this adventure so exciting is the limitations your characters will have in combat, you will not have the free reign you would normally have in a standard RPG, one of these limitations is casting speed.
    Spells take time, you are not going to cast five at them at once, in combat I will ask that you limit your spells to two per combat post for novice spells, 2 posts for adept level spells. This limitation is actually designed to not only make it more fun, but to give you and me a neat mechanic to base combat around. Maybe one of your characters knows a spell that increases his casting speed, upping his cast count to three per combat post? Again go wild with the possibilities!
    As your characters grow stronger, the will get better at weaving, eventually casting one adept level spell per combat post, and eventually 2, all these limitations will drive the need to grow stronger!
    There will be more neat mechanics that I will introduce along the way like misweaving, but
    until then this covers what you need to know to get started.

Earth Characters​

The rules are slightly different for your earth characters, they don’t cast spells, they simply don’t know how, they do however manifest abilities. The difference between abilities and spells is that abilities are not weaved but happen naturally. Like being able to move at high speeds naturally versus having to weave a spell that gives you the same effect. More on that later. Your earth characters can use their abilities twice per combat post.

Uncastables​

For uncastables things are different you will be using swords and other such weapons which you can swing faster than a mage can weave, as such if you get into sword strike range you can swing it three times in one post.
    How ever for enchanted weapons which have unleashed abilities you will have to wait two posts like normal. Unleash abilities are triggered spells that come from your enchanted weapon it’s self, your weapon can have one unleashed ability

Defeat and Death​

Unless you wish it, your characters will not die in this story, but they can be defeated! If your character takes too much damage in a battle I will declare them as defeated, a defeated character will not be able to battle any longer, but you can still post your characters thoughts and actions. All defeated characters will return to normal after the battle, a defeated character can be healed and brought back into battle. I will warn the players if their character is close to defeat, a defeated character can do everything a normal character can expect battle. This will put some risk in the battles you will certainly face. Also keep in mind that in the beginning of the story your character will be somewhat weak and may be defeated in 1 or 2 blows. You can declare your character as self-defeated if you think he/she has taken too much damage. Defeated characters still gain points! However they gain less points then characters who are undefeated.

Dueling

Your character can challenge another player to a duel! A duel is when two mages battle until one is defeated; I will referee all duels and if neither player can agree on a victor I will decide who I think will win. Who wins is based on how and what spells they use during the battle. In this game I encourage friendly completion but I ask that before posting your epic duel that you run it by me first. The two players should also pm each other while dueling to avoid clogging the thread, if you come across an issue I will referee the problem since I know more about my world than anyone. After I have declared a winner, post your duel on the story thread.
    Characters gain lots of points if they win a duel and even if they lose I will still give them points but, you cannot duel while questing and there are times when I will ask that you not duel so we can advance the story.

BOSS BATTLES!!​

There will be characters in the story that are very strong. Your group will fight bosses along the way and I will let you know if an enemy is boss level strong. During a boss battle I will control the boss and the damage it receives in battle. Whether your characters win or lose the battle IS UP TO YOU! You fight the monster, you come up with the battle plans, and if I think you’re skilled enough, strong enough and fast enough I will declare the boss monster as defeated! These battles are not scripted! All characters gain huge amounts of points for battling, but the player who does the death bow gets more so, bosses also drop neat items but, be warned bosses are strong, and I will not hesitate to defeat an entire party if I feel your characters aren't strong enough to win. There is no penalty for being defeated, but you will lose your chance to battle that boss for some time. Each time I introduce a boss I will also write a short summery of it on the discussion thread Example.

Example:Feral berserker will attack every two posts, you must be quick to defeat it.

I recommend you read them, they will provide helpful hints on how to win.
    All in all, this RPG can be seen as a writing version of any video game you have played before, with dungeons, puzzles, leveling and bosses. It will be challenging! It will be exciting! And most importantly it will be fun! Please pm me character templates before posting.

Character creation!

You don’t have to create two characters but I highly suggest it as with only one you will be left out. So let’s start with our earth characters. Your earth character will be attending a high school in the city of Massachusetts you can either be a student or a staff member. Along with deciding you characters history, looks, and personality, you will also be able to create your characters-yet-to-be-realized abilities. The eather flooding earth right now is granting certain people supernatural skills and your chars are among the ones to obtain them. Some basic examples would be turning invisible, flight, super strength ect. Now I do hope you come up with abilities more imaginative than the generic super strength and speed combo, try to be as creative as possible. You don’t have to give your char an ability, but I don’t see why you wouldn't. Now how the abilities work.

Adra (Wind)

Charon (Fire)

Gaia (Earth)

Merc (Water)

Nox (Dark)

Althea (Light)

These are the six types of eather that inhabit Exzalia, and are invading earth. Each eather effects the world differently. You are looking at the very source of magic itself.

Adra is all about speed and freedom

Charon is all about power and destruction

Gaia, the eather of strength and protection.

Merc: the eather of change and adaptability,

Nox the eather of death and decay.

Althea, the eather of life and healing.

Your char will be able to use two of these eathers. You can make up any ability you want but you must use one of these eathers as your inspiration. Example: teleportation would be an Adra skill, while shape shifting would be Merc. Pleas pm me your ability so that I can okay it. This is to make sure nothing is over powered, so go nuts! Make up the most original coolest power you can!
    As the game progresses you will learn new abilities to add to your char.

Template for Character (earth)

Name:

Appearance:

Brief Character History:

Personality:

Chosen Eathers:

Powers :

Miscellaneous info

Your Exzalian characters

Exzalians work differently then earthlings for one there are many races on Exzalia for you to choose from, you don’t have to be human, all the races and their details are below.

Humans

Humans are the most numerous and diverse of all the sentient beings, they have many cultures, physical traits and religions. They do not however have different languages, no not on this world. The humans of Exzalia have a few key differences that make them unique, They can live up to 300 years, they're usually stronger and taller than the humans of earth and, with less deformity. But they are by no means perfect, they are subject to the same faults as we are.
    Now there are five kinds of human on Exzalia they are.

Damirians. A tall group with milky brown skin, white to silver hair, and yellow or gold eye's.

Lorians. Fair skinned with black hair and sapphire blue eyes, not quite as tall as Damirians stopping at around 6 feet.

The Charon. shorter than both of the above, the people of Charon have darker skin than the Damirians, but their eyes are a bright red or orange color, as with their hair.

Grovians. They are most like us having a varied array of eye and hair color though their skin is usually fair, it varies in shade. Average height 7 feet.

Humans have no innate ability but, are the only race to be able to use all six elements.

Merclans

Exzalia's merclans are very similar to humans in that they share a love for adventure and conquest. A curious and mischievous group the merclans can use water, air, and dark eather. Most merclan have smooth skin like a dolphin, only sporting scales on their fish half. All merclan have a fish half though it varies from individual to individual. They have deep blue, to blue green skin. Slick hair that is streamlined. Fins are often found on ears and elbows and their eye's can be a range of different colors most of them have small shark like teeth. Despite this all Mers have a beauty to them and unlike humans do not show signs of old age. This makes them very desirable and it is not too uncommon for Mers and humans to intermarry. They can move on land using a kind of magic.
    Innate abilities: breath under water, telepathy, the ability to communicate with other animals, only race to become sirens.

Airmids

They are a small race standing a little over 5ft 5, but that's without the gorgeous and colorful feathers that decorate their bodies, often adding a good two more feet. They are humanoid with arms and legs but unlike humans they very slender, even the males have strongly muscled but thin chests, light weight with falcon eye's each Airmid has their own unique style of feathers. They are brightly colorful race groups of them forming living rain bows in the sky.

Airmids can use wind, water, and light Eather and they may have been the inspirations for the legends of angels. They watch us from their perch in the sky, perhaps even observing our conflicts and I feel it won't be long, before events beyond mortal control will bring us together.
    Flight, enhanced reflexes, powerful eye’s.

Scorchfiends

They come in shades of red and bronze, with a humanoid frame, burning tails and bright horns that curve back on their head. Their face has the typical two eye's one nose features of other humanoids, but the shape of their heads is unique in that their nose is slightly cat shaped, but with dragon like nostrils. Their eyes and maws constantly glow with fire eather, and each one has a unique set of rocks that form on joints and other outcroppings on their body. They have a bitter rivalry with the Marclans
    They can use Gaia, and Charon.
    They have natural born ability to breath eather infused fire (does not take up a spell slot ), are capable of withstanding high temperatures, and are physically bigger than the other races.

Elves​

There are two kinds of elves on Exzalia, High elves and wood elves. Wood elves can use water, wind, and earth while High elves can use wind, water, and light eather. High elves are also very tall standing a good 10 feet, but they are very slender. wood elves are only slightly shorter than humans. Aside from humans elves are the most widespread race, their relationship with humans vary from place to place. In places allies, in others bitter enemies
    Enhanced reflexes, remarkable hearing, innate connection to flora and forest magic, can influence plants.

Newer races

For those who played previous TOE’s, I have a special treat. More races have become playable within Exzalia! Now you can choose to be…

Gaints

Giants are now a playable race. Creatures on Gaia, they stand an average 20 feet. They are like humans in looks with the only real differences being a slightly broader frame. There flesh is hard like tough leather and their teeth are sharp and strong enough to grind your bones into bread :p
    Despite their slightly more barbaric appearance some giants have begun working with the other races instead of fighting them, they were the race of beings you encountered in the labyrinth. Please note giants can’t use magic, but are physically strong.

Drakin

Drakin are also now playable. These half dragon beings are all descended from the island that fell during your time in the labyrinth. They have a human form with dragon wings and tail, also they have horns. They can use fire and wind magic
    Innate abilities: flight fire breathing, good eyesight.

Feyborn

Lastly, the feyborn, a mix of human and fairy are now playable. Feyborn are said to be descended from a extinct group of fairy queens who seeing that their kind was dying out came onto the only race that seemed to be coping, humans. And bred with them creating a larger more robust version of the delicate fairies.
    Feyborn are about 5ft5 come in all sorts of colors from blue to green to pink, sporting wings like that of butterflies or dragon flies they are masters of earth and wind magic.

One important thing you should know about Exzalians, they have lived with eather for thousands of years while earthlings are just receiving it. As such there style of using the eather is different and more refined. While your earth character will be using abilities, Exzalians use spells. The difference is that abilities have to come naturally and the ability earthlings develop is beyond their control. Exzalians don’t learn abilities naturally; they must weave the eather into spells. Weaving eather into a desired spell takes more time than using it naturally, but allows Exzalians to learn more spells quicker and have control over when and what they learn. Keep this in mind. Earthlings use innate abilities, Exzalians use purposeful spells.

For new players if you’re a mage you start off with four novice spells and one adept level spell, You also can only have two eathers to start with, so choose wisely! As you grow stronger you will learn more and stronger spells.

Uncastables​

If you decide to be an uncastable Exzalian, you will have access to powerful artifacts the other players will not, but at the cost of not using magic. You get to choose three artifacts; one of you artifacts will have a passive ability. Example, increased speed, protective barrier ect. You get to come up with your passive.

You will also have an unleashed ability, this is a spell that is cast with your weapon, again you make up the unleashed skill.
    As you have recalled new weapons that are competing with magic have been invented, you are welcome to use them as inspiration.

Wands: this is the Exzalian equivalent to earth early fire arms, you fire them by flicking your wrist while holding them. From there tip a bolt of eather is fired, you have a lot of freedom if you choose to be a wand user, but don’t be fooled by it’s name. When thinking of these weapons imagine less harry potter and more western gun slinger. Also each wand hits the target with different effects depending on the eather that you fire. Charon eather would burn, merc eather would freeze.

Eather blades: Blades made of shining eather, a very deadly new weapon. Think star wars save the blades have a fantasy look to them, each one pulses with a different or combination of eathers, you decide the type of eather and any effects it has upon slashing the target!

Eather bombs: Grenades that blast magic instead of shrapnel, as with the blades different eathers will act differently.

Bolt arrows: Bow and arrows except the bow and the arrow are enchanted. Not as fast as the wand how ever a trained archer is much more accurate, and the arrows can be enchanted adding an extra punch that wands don’t have.
    If you choose to be a bow user, you will have only 15 arrows per battle.

Dancing Dells: The most interesting weapon, floating discs hover around the user. These disks are enchanted…and sharp and can be sent at the foe from a distance of about 10 meters, a very deadly mid-range weapon. Each disk can be enchanted with a different eather, but be warned. Each disk has it’s own life bar of sorts, they can be destroyed in battle.
    Finally you have the freedom to combine up to two of the mentioned classes above, you want to have a wand and a bow? Go for it. I am also granting you the freedom to create your own style of weapons, but remember everything must be pm'ed and approved by me!

Template for character (Exzalian mage)
    Name:

Race:

Eathers:

Nation:

Novice Spell1:

Novice Spell2:

Novice Spell3:

Novice Spell4:

Adept level spell:

Artifact If any:

Brief character history:

Personality traits:

Other info:

For uncastables

Name

Race:

Artifact 1:

Artifact 2:

Artifact 3:

Unleashed ability:

Passive ability:

Brief character history:

Personality traits:

Other info:

If you have any questions pm me
    Our story will begin on Exzalia. So create that character first, once you have I will begin leading you on a truly epic adventure.

Welcome, to Exzalia!

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved.

3. Exzalia

A new jounry

Despite the suffering Exzalia went through and is still going through, there are still rays of hope for mortal kind, One kingdom remains intact and relatively safe. Fare, much has changed in Fare after the loss of so much magic, the birth rate of uncastables became so high it was no longer practical to prevent them from obtaining high status, or joining the government. To the disdain of a few elites Fare slowly turned into a more tolerate society. It is one of the few places uncastables and mages can live together in relative peace, this is partly due to Magnolia their queen. Magnolia was instrumental in changing the nation from one of racism and exclusion, to one of tolerance. She herself has changes in the past 50 years, almost beyond recognition.

Magnolia now looks out on her kingdom a maze of beautiful streets and architecture aligned with gold and marble, a kingdom with considerable wealth. But her eyes, still blind for so many years had the faint traces of worry. Not even Fare in all its peace and beauty could hide the ugliness that was now Exzalia, a world dipped in fear and blood. Her home was one white dot, on a crimson canvas.
    “So, you see Magnolia, we aren't in the clear yet.”
    Magnolia nodded slowly, it was this girl who was now the source of her worry.
    “We have to call the others.”
    “I know Tassy, I just, I was so hoping we had ended it those many years ago.” Magnolia faced the half mer, how Tassy had grown. Pale blue skin long navy blue hair that was done up in a pony tail and swayed just above her hip. Soft sublime features, a siren through and through.

“Then we’ll have to call them, but…I feel new people should also come.”

“New people?” Tassy asked thoughtfully
    “If we are to accomplish this task we will need all the help we can get, I am sending out a message to every noble warier in Exzalia, who so ever wishes to fight for honor and Glory and for the betterment of Exzalia should come to the assembly on the 17 rotation of this month.” Magnolia flicked her wrist summoning a fairy to her side. “These fairies will know who to pick as far as new warriors are concerned. Now all we need to do is get the old gruop back together, from there I will choose who will go with me on this journey.” Tassy nodded, the siren rubbed her glasses in thought, taking them off momentarily she gazed out at fare, and cracked a smile.

“Another journey, it seems our work is never done. Should we tell them of Delvens pit?”
    Magnolia shook her head, a slight frown appearing on her brow “No, at least not yet. Let them commit to the quest first, if we tell them now. I Doubt even Pickles in all his honor would dare follow us, or even you.” Magnolia gave the siren a look.

“You don’t know Pickles.” Tassy laughed, “But your right, they shouldn't have to worry about that until later. Well…see you on the 17th” With that Tassy began to head out, as she headed for the palace door she turned to the queen. “The average life span on this world is 300, yet in only 50 years look how much has changed, for the better, and the worst. This journey, may very well decide if we have 300 years of growth, or 300 years of war. That being said, I sure hope your fairies pick the right people.” Magnolia said nothing, she just stared out of the window.

Magnolia’s fairy flew and told other palace fairies the message; one by one they set off on a hazardous quest, to find worthy warriors who can aid Exzalia, and the old team, who saved Exzalia before.

4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Dad wake up, come on please!" The girl shouted. "I hate when you do this!" Pickles playful eye snapped open. He was laying on the ground with a wide grin. He hadn't changed much in 50 years save for looking a bit more refined with age, his skin paler and his hair turning white two years after the death of magic incident. His hair was cut in the fashion of high nobles in Merclans and in truth that wasn't that far off. He had become very wealthy of the last years and as you can guess a good portion went to good causes and his family. The girl that had been yelling at him looked about 15. Her light blueish skin sparkled in the daylight she had an adorable baby doll type of face, an athletic figure that showed well through her dress, her hair was just like her mother a navy blue pony tail but not quite as long and her green eyes rolled at her father's action. Pickles had a habit of pretending like he passed out to mess with her.

The two were currently in a Fare park. They had come to this place as a family his wife Tassy had business with Magnolia, Pickles was so happy to be back on the surface but more so he was happy to be showing his daughter the upper land. "So what shall we do now Smiles you hungry?" He asked her standing up. Pickles practically towered over his daughter. She had been named Marine after Tassy's sister who had been killed 50 years ago but Pickles had a been calling her Smiles since she was born. Marine blushed at the nickname as a few people chuckled as they walked by. "Dad how come you have to call me that?" She asked curiously. Pickles grinned happily at his little girl. "Because me and your mother never stopped smiling since you were born!" He exclaimed. Marine sigh but kept a grin on her face. "Speaking of mom were is she?" Pickles looked at the Fare castle and smiled. "She's speaking with Queen Magnolia. Do you want to go and get her?" Marine nodded she was not used to being with one parent and not the other for so long. Pickles picked up the massive duffle bag he was carrying and motioned for Marine to follow him.

A few moments later the door to Magnolia's throne room busted open. "Hey ladies." Pickles said as he walked towards Tassy, Marine followed close behind her dad. She had a stoic look on her until she looked at Magnolia her eyes were wide with amazement. She wasn't used to seeing Queens. But she quickly composed herself. Marine walked over to her mother. "Mom why in the world did you and dad move into the Merclans?" Marine asked with amazement. Pickles had been showing her around Fare most of the day, she couldn't believe at all the amazing things she had seen. "Mom I finally saw trees, dogs, cats and dad let me eat fruit. Um Dad what kind of fruit was it again?" Her father beamed at her. "An apple Smiles." Marine nodded and then turned back to her mother. "Do we have to go home soon?" Marine asked frowning. Pickles laughed and wrapped his arm around Tassy. He then turned to look at Magnolia. "Miss Magnolia its been awhile good to see you again. This is mine and Tassy's daughter Marine." Marine was far to busy trying to beg her mother stay on the surface to properly introduce herself to Magnolia. "So Pumpkin what's the news?" He asked

A destroyed camp site burned brightly in unknown location. Mutilated bodies were laid all about the area ripped off heads, missing arms and legs, bodies staked on tree branches and blood boot prints to were the attacker had made his leave. Over 50 fifty bandits dead in one night. To anyone lately the scene would be well known as victims of The Walker. But the scary part was The Walker was simply an Exzalia urban legend everybody knew the story. It was a monster that passed cruel judgement on criminals but seems like the legend came to life. Well it came to life thanks to the man Carson. His footsteps mad no noise as he left his path of destruction behind. It was to dark to make out what his features except his bright shining green just like his father's. It wasn't long before he noticed an approaching fairy.

JessWrite and Pheonix like this.
  5. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Pip looked up from where she perched upon the peak of the roof to the house her family lived in, sunlight flickering like fire in her pink and red eyes. But the eyes that beheld it were blank of all emotion, glazed as they watched another place, another time. Her cloak rustled beneath her wings, her hair streaming out behind her in a breeze. All were black as night.

I trust you with my life . . . and my heart . . . the words tormented her -those words from fifty years ago. Though she showed no sign of distress, she was flickering like a candle flame inside, trying to hold the darkness at bay, I trust you . . .

"Trust . . ." she said with a soft, hollow voice, her eyes flickering for a moment in recognition of something. What used to be happiness came across her face, but it was only the faintest twitch of her lip -not even close to a smile. No, she hadn't smiled in a long, long time.

The wind died, and Pip sighed, the song of the scythe she bore no longer making her fingers vibrate. The blades shone blood-red in the setting sun -steel curves like twin crescent moons, Guess i better go inside -mom and dad will fret again if i don't come in before dark. she thought dimly.

Standing up and leaning forwards, she spread her wings and dropped nimbly to the ground several dozen feet below. Landing with only a small puff of dust and the snap of her cloak, Pip opened the door to her home and placed the scythe on its hook. Her mom didn't tolerate the weapon being left lying around. Pip also took off her cloak to reveal a deathly thin frame covered by a tunic and leggings, and she walked silently over the threshold and into a room with a crackling fireplace. The rug felt soft beneath her bare feet -having taken her shoes off- and Pip knelt to sit down and bask in the fire's warmth. She was always cold unless the sun or a fire was nearby. Always cold . . .

Pip hugged herself and wrapped her wings around her body, the black feathers shining blue and violet in the flickering flames's light.

Always cold . . .

6. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

The Usual Happenings of the Strongarm Household

Fifty years had past since the events that had nearly ended Exzalia as Berk knew it. Fifty years since the destruction of Charon. Fifty years since he had traveled back to the scorched piece of soil to re-build his birthland and city.

Berk gazed into sun, casting her last few rays over the calm waves of the ocean. The pace at which time passed astounded him, so much had happened, yet it all felt as a mere day compared to the eon-old rock that surrounded him. It must have been no more than forty-five years ago since he married Emery. He had traveled with her and Pip back to Charon, back to home.

He still recalled the despair and gut-wrenching dismay he had felt at seeing his birthplace reduced to nothing but rock and ash. With the large Phoenix gone Charon had become a cold wasteland. A cold wasteland both he and Emery had been determined to restore to its former glory.

Even through all the death and the destruction that had stalked the land, many travelers still walked the lands and roads surrounding the spot were Charon had once stood. Together, they had layed out the foundation for a new community to arise.
    The first few years had been lonely, though Emery's and Pip's presence always warmed Berk's heart. But it had also proved useful. The travelers on the road brought stories from the outer world and often displayed interest in settling though it only was after five years of hard work that their community began to expand.

Berk sighed happily as he recalled how he and Emery had together solved Charon's largest problem. Bringing back the heat. In spite of the Phoenix's death, there was still plenty of Charon eather around. It had been mostly Emery's work to route it to specially engineered heat-lamps that provided both light and warmth for the inhabitants of New Charon.

But they knew they could not rely on magic alone. A coal mine had been opened into the ancient mountain on which Charon rested. Tunnels had been dug several feet underneath the surface. They had been covered with a thin layer of coal. The tunnels had been set ablaze. Specially designed carts, mounted to the walls of the tunnels distributed the coal equally throughout the system. Berk prided himself in the system, which was powered by steam.

Berk glanced over his shoulder. Three or four dozen lights shimmered in the distance. He had not only fallen in love with Emery but also with Charon. The ash made fertile soil, fit for farming. The sea was full with fish and the dirt was strong, and moist. Pines sprouted from the ashes of charon, spreading a lovely scent throughout the settlement. Life was rough, but rewarding in this place.

“Berk, come inside!” His wife pulled him from his thoughts, calling for him from the doorway of their small home. “Dinner is ready.”

Emery went to the fireplace, spooning out dishes of stew when she saw Piper warming herself. She hadn’t been there before…

“Pip, sweetheart,” Emery said softly. “Here’s some dinner if you’d like to eat tonight.” Her eyes filled with concern for Pip, also called Piper, who had never been the same since the night Seth had “died”. Seth. Emery nearly spat at the name. She had forgiven him, yes, but that didn’t change the fact that Pip had died along with him.

“Mom! Dad! Mom! Dad! Mom! Dad!” The voice like one of silver bells tinkling, ran through the doorway. “Grynn caught a woolly! He caught a woolly rat! Look!” Lyra turned her shoulder so that her mother could easily see the squirming rat hanging from the pyroglider’s pointed beak. “Isn’t that truly awe-inspiring?”

Emery blinked and opened her mouth to speak, only to shut it again. She stared at the filthy rodent with her nose turned up in disgust.

It was then Berk came through the door, his wide shoulders swaying as he walked. He looked at the rat and then at his daughter's beaming smile, putting two and two together. “Lyra, I am proud of Grynn as well, but perhaps the rat would be best outside where it belongs,” His eyes crinkled as he lovingly gazed at his wife’s stricken face. “Wouldn’t that be best, Emery?”

“Yes…” Emery's lips tightened into a frown. “Do as your father says, Lyra.”

“Fine.” Lyra sighed, giving her mom her signature look of utter protest. Mom always ruined her and Grynn’s happiness. Still, it was hopeless to argue with Mom about the beauty of animals, even woolly rats. As she turned to head out the door, somehow the woolly rat fell from Grynn's mouth. Lyra didn't have time to process what happened, until she heard her mom's frightened screams.

"LYRA!" Emery yelled. Charon coursed through her fingertips as the woolly rat scampered towards her.

"Mom, don't kill it!" Lyra squealed. She darted in front of her mother, her eyes pleading. "It needs to be outside where it belongs! That's what Dad said!"

A smile crept across Berk's face as he watched his daughter. A rat, of all creatures Emery hated...

He gently intercepted the creature as he let it walk on his hand, shoulders, around the back to sit down on the other, panting. "Here" Berk said kindly as he handed Lyra the terrified rat. His eyes rested upon his daughter, Emery had suffered so many miscarriages. But it had all been worth it. Sometimes it seemed as if Lyra had inherited all good and decent properties of her unborn siblings. Or how Berk put it; 'everyone, including nature itself, has fallen head over heels for Lyra'.

"Just put it outside" Berk glanced over to his wife "..away from the house please." Berk added upon seeing Emery's rather disdainful glares at the fluffy creature.

Lyra nodded, but being the clumsy one she was, the rat dropped from her grasp once again. Luckily, her sister had a subtle connection with animals too. She took the rat away from the house, despite Lyra's protests.

"Oh don't give her that look, this is what she loves" Berk said as he slowly walked towards Emery. He sniffed at the pan she was holding. "Smells good as always." he said. Berk pulled a lock of hair away and kissed Emery briefly on the forehead. He ended the tender moment rather quickly at seeing Pip come back through the door with her hollow stare. That boy of Nesvi's had been haunting her ever since his death. It was sad to see one so beautiful and skilled as Pip be reduced to the frail creature that now sat at the table, gazing into some dark horizon or another.

"Let's have dinner." Berk said promptly as he sat down at their oaken table. His eyes were filled with concern at seeing how thin Pip had grown. "You should eat some more." Berk carefully stated as he weighed Pip's hand in his, his voice rang with sincerity.

Pheonix likes this.
  7. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

The Bartholomew Family Vacation

Will, River, Keiran and Reyla

Keiran stalked along through the pines, hit footsteps making not a sound as they landed gently on the bed of fallen needles that carpeted the forest floor. Ahead of him was his prey, a twelve point buck that he'd been haunting for the last three hours. He'd picked up it's trail early in the morning, and followed it until he'd finally caught sight of it at the bottom of a little valley. Then, after a painstakingly slow progression, he'd managed to get this close.

-------------------------

Lore could be seen in the distance from where Rayla stood. She had climbed into the highest branches of one of the few healthy trees left in the area. She imagined herself poised above an enemy camp, on a grand adventure worthy of her talents. At last...her soon-to-be-victim walked slowly under the very tree she was hiding in. Her green and brown vestaments helped her to blend into the foliage. Ralya Bartholomew crouched down, waiting...waiting....then with barely a sound she dropped down towards her victim, hoping to drop his much larger frame to the ground where she would stand, with one foot on his back and an imaginary sword raised high in victory.

------------------------

Bow in hand, Keiran carefully pulled an arrow from his quiver, making sure to not make a sound. Then, he lay it on his bow, raised it, and pulled back on the string. The wood made the slightest creak, and he held his breath as the buck lifted it's head and looked around. It had heard him, but now, would it bolt? Were the last three hours going to be in vain?

He let out a breath of relief as it relaxed and put it's head down once more. Then, he lined up his shot, aimed for the heart, and-

The buck took off, faster than he could even dream of hitting, into the vast depths of the Lorian forest, but for the life of him he couldn't figure out why. Then he heard a branch rustling above him, why would it be making that noi-

Suddenly he was on the ground underneath his triumphant looking little sister who was making a ridiculous victory pose, standing over him wielding and imaginary sword.

Keiran groaned. "You idiot... I had the shot..." He said, looking up at her.

"What shot?" Rayla asked innocently, crouching down so he could better see the wide smile on her face.

Keiran just looked up at her blankly. "Never-mind," He said, then sort of sank down deeper into the pine needles, feeling defeated.

"What?" She stood, her smile fading. Keiran's forlorn look made her feel bad. He must have been in the middle of a hunt. "Sorry. I wouldn't have jumped you if I'd known you were hunting." Rayla glanced at his bow which lay a few feet from his head. "Not too mention you could've shot me...wonder where the arrow went?" Rayla said.
    All of sudden a female voice could be heard calling, "Keiran!" It sounded like mom when she was annoyed. "Uh oh. Hope you didn't hit the window again."

He just sighed and got up. He loved his sister, but sometimes...

--------------------

River shook her head in annoyance as she held Will's shirt, with a newly made hole in it. She first saw Rayla come bounding out of the dying foliage, followed by Keiran who looked annoyed. He held a bow in his hand.
    "Oooh..." Rayla put a hand to her mouth giggiling softly as she caught sight of her dad's shirt. The arrow was stuck to a nearby tree with a peice of cloth on it's head.
    "This isn't funny, Rayla. What if your dad had been in that shirt?" River asked seriously.
    "I'd have healed him..." Rayla responded shrugging her shoulders but immediatly closed her lips tightly at the look she recieved in response.
    River sighed and lay a hand on her swollen belly. She was eight months pregnant with nearly 5 months more to go. She'd found though that half-elves tended to develop a little quicker than full elves. So it was possible it would be less. Hopefully. River's blue eyes looked over at Keiran, her eldest. "What have we told you about hunting so close to the house? You are usually quite good about it."

"I wouldn't have misfired if it weren't for Rayla dropping out of the sky on top of me..." He held out his hands, then playfully punched Rayla in the arm. It was a very passive agressive kind of playful punch. "And besides, Dad wasn't in the shirt. No harm no foul right..." He said, pleadingly looking at his mother. "Where is dad anyway?"

--------------------

Will was walking through the woods of his home, enjoying a quiet afternoon walk. He had a walking stick and was wearing a light tunic and leather breeches, quite a change from the armor he'd been accustomed to wearing for so long. There was an air of confidence and repose about him, a man who knew his place and was at peace. It had taken a long time, but Will really was at peace. After all, he had everything he'd ever wanted. He had helped save the world, twice, was married to the woman he loved, had two amazing children with a third on the way. And despite the chaos in the world, he'd managed to carve out a place where he and his family could be happy. There was little to want for.

Then, Will heard something behind him, like a tinkling bell. He turned but didn't see anything.

"Hey! Listen! He thought he heard a tiny voice say, but couldn't be sure. "Over here!" He turned around again, but still there was nothing. But when he turned back, there was a tiny golden fairy floating in front of him.

"William Bartholomew, Magnolia of Fare has summoned you and your family. Things are happening once again M'lord. Please come as quickly as you can!" The fairy said, then as fast as it came, it was gone again.

"Well, here we go again," Will sighed, then made his way back home to tell his family.

Kingtype likes this.
  8. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Archibald Kenward

"Forsooth! A quest to aid my beloved world from its duress? Need you ask?" Archibald exclaimed as the fairy explained the summons to him. "My only sorrow is that you hadn't asked sooner. Only weeks ago did I stop by Fare in my journeys." A sigh. "Alas, the fate of Exzalia herself renders all complaints pathetic." He puffed up his chest as he spun ceremoniously around and began marching back towards Fare. "Fear not, o beautiful land! Thy shan't fade away!"

9. Exzalia

The 17th was only a day away now, Magnolia was at her usual spot overlooking Fair. But from her view point she could not see that someone else was watching her, from the shadows.

"Tomorrow, they'll be here. We should not wait til then."

"No...it is the opposite, we wait till there all there so they may see it, It will be a statment that will travel all across this world." Another shadow said whispering.

"For the betterment of Exzalia." The two shades nodded to each other, then snuck off back into the ally ways. But not before being confronted by a third.

"halt," A female voice called, The other two lifted their wands as the stranger approached. "I'm not here to fight. I got intel that a certain someone will be at the summoning tomorrow, code name fire bird, you heard of him?" One couldn't see who the person was under the hood and clothes, like the shadow mages of long past.

"Let me in, and I won't tell." She said slyly.

"You apart of Moriens spies?" A dry rough voice sounded suspiciously.

"No, see me as, a hidden ally."

The appointed day arrived, it was still early many wouldn't be here quiet as yet. But some came early, Tassy and Pickles who were already there on visit, High elves from the illusive kingdom of Althea among them.

"I remember being enemies with you people before this, funny how we are now all working together." Magnolia said to no one in particular.

10. Kingtype

"Dad says there are no such things as enemies just friends and future friends." Marine said with a smile to Magnolia as she stepped into the room. Marine heavily believed in her father's idealism but wasn't quite as naive about it. Tassy had made sure of that. Speaking of Tassy the young mer turned to her mother. "Dad told me all your friends are coming today. Do you think they will have kids?" Marine asked beaming. She didn't have many friends were she came from mainly because the other kids tended to make fun of her because her mother happened to be a siren. So in a way she was longing for some other friends beside her family if that counted. Don't get her wrong she loved her family dearly its just she wanted......friends like her mom and dad had.

11. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Archibald Kenward

"I know time is of essence. That's why I'm maintaining a fast march, you strange little thing!" Archibald was a very patient man, but the tiny fairy's urge to constantly be making suggestions quickly became irritating. "Back when I was in the army, we marched everywhere. There's no way somebody could sustain a run for that many miles. Well-" He rubbed his neck, embarrassed. "All the others would just warp to wherever they needed to go, but I always marched if they didn't take me with the- are you even listening? No, I cannot hurried. I literally just explained why I couldn't! What exactly is your purpose? Do you have any talents besides perpetual chatter? How do you even–" Archibald sighed, clearly frustrated. "I give up. I am a very tolerating person, but I simply cannot stand you. Do you have a mute option or anything? No? Nothing? I suppose I'll have to block all sound-" He pulled out two balls of cotton and stuffed them into his ear. "I'd truly like to be able to hear things but if that requires subjection to your torment then I shall part with sound itself."

12. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Piper

Piper looked up from where she sat while her mom screeched about a rat her sister had let get loose. Her eyes were blank, but a momentary flash of something crossed them -as close to laughter as she would ever get.

"I'll have some dinner mom." she said softly, sitting up and scooping up the rat in her pale hands. The creature squirmed -panicked by being clutched again- but didn't bite her. Piper had a strange affinity with animals. Maybe it was because she had once been an Airmid.

Walking outside and ignoring the dismayed shouting of her sister Lyra, Pip let the rat go in the street, watching it scurry away to the trash bins. Sighing, she walked back inside and to the kitchen, following the smell of her mom's cooking. Though it was almost unseasonably hot outside, she felt ice-cold within.

Taking up a plate and gathering up some food along with a small bag of sunfire seeds -a treat that she was rarely seen eating now- she walked over to the dinning table and proceeded to bite down on a freshly baked loaf of bread slathered with butter.

Then she paused in mid-bite and looked over at the pyroglider. Pulling a peice of dried meat out of her pocket, Piper tossed it at the creature and watched it snap up the scrap; its throat working maddly to swallow. The barest quirk of her lips was seen, then she bit into the bread again, chewing and looking as if she was thinking about something. Raising her hand, the scythe flew to its master and narrowly avoided slicing Berk's head off.

"Sorry." she muttered, turning the blade and looking at the runes glowing on it. It was a kind of small news-bulletin for combat.

Scythe Master Competition to be tomorrow at noon, prizes are cash and artifacts. Piper looked blankly at it and then sent the scythe back to its post. The onyl interestign things she seemed to do in her life now were to beat others in competitions. Rarely using magic now other than for small things, Pip was often seen training rigorously with the heavy scythe on her home roof-top. There was a reason she was now feared for her prowess.

"'nother competition." she said shortly, turning back to her food.

13. Exzalia

Sol and Knob! your protagonists ladies and gentalmen

"Dude...hot merfolk damsels." A rather mischievous voice sounded from palace windows, a youth with goldish brown hair and freckles looked on at Marine through his binoculars.

"What's a siren?" His accomplice a very large chubby child easily the size of his teenaged accomplice asked tugging at his shirt.

"keep down Knob, giants...even baby giants don't make good spys."

"I'm not a baby." Knob responded huffing in anger, in truth his was the giant equivalent of a toddler, unfortunately he now had a questionable roll model in this young hormone driven teenager.

"Oh two mers, ones a siren! I like my lovers...dangerous."

In truth the over confident peacock never slept with any lovers in his life, His confidence coming only from the fact he was Magnoia's second son, and the prince of Fare.

"Why don't we say hi?" Knob asked innocently.

"By god Knob that is the smartest idea you have ever had!" The prince whipped out a pen and paper and began to write.

Day 267 Knob has been recorded having a semi intelligent idea, considering the possibility he has been replaced by a slightly more intelligent undead imposter."

Knob rolled his eye's and began thumping down through the palace to meet them, "Sol, Why don't you actually hang out with girls instead of spying on them from your rooftop?"

"Ahhh, the woes of being a prince, you can never understand Knob." Sol, the name of the young prince very over dramatically put his arm on his forehead and mimicked the voice of a play right.

"I think you're just shy." Knob responded teasingly

"I'll show you shy." Sol retorted his pride bruised a little, upon reaching the ground floor he walked right up to Tassy who was just talking with Pickles.

Leaning against a wall in an overly romantic pose, his arms on his cheeks, his posterior of to the side, his eyes glimmering with carnal intentions he said to the siren
    "hello....sweet cheeks."

14. Kingtype

Pickles mouth practically hit the floor. This wasn't the first time something like this had happened. But no one else had ever been this blunt about it and not to mention his daughter was there to. "Hey excuse me. I don't think you should talk to a lady like that especially my wife!" He shouted with wide eyes. Pickles shook his head coming out of his brief rage. "Sorry bout that." He said with a cough. Pickles couldn't lie he was always big on defending his love's honor it sort of came naturally to him at times."Her name is Miss Tassy young ones and I am well you can call me Peter." He said nicely, Pickles wasn't about to call himself Pickles in front of these two. Something told him he'd never hear the end of it.

Marine was holding back laughter. The boys seemed close to her age or so. But Marine couldn't lie they didn't seem to much on brains........dad always told her to be honest. So she would just keep that little thought to herself. Instead she decided to laugh full on. Her mother and father's face was priceless. "Hey mom you gonna run off with him?" She asked sarcastically nodding her head towards Sol.

15. Exzalia

"Oh...she's already taken? Tell me oh cruel world, why do all the hot damsels go for the ugly ones?" Sol said in a rather flamboyant pose, his hands on his face in dramatic despair. Well...it was a very short lived despair. For seconds later he was by Marines side holding her hand and gently kissing it,

"Never have my eye's seen one so beautiful and lush as you, not even your sexy siren mother compares to your pure beauty. Knob!"

Knob ran over like an obedient servant, his wheel man of sorts.

"Fetch me the gold and ruby ring from in my back pocket."

"Yes your awesomeness, certainly your awesomeness."

Knob plucked a rather large ring worth more than all the castles in Grove it's self, right from Sols back pocket. in a few elegant and flirtatious motions he handed the ring to Marine, placing it on the stunned girls fingers.

"Marry me."

and as if on Que, a choir of personal servants popped up behind Pickles and began serenading Marine, it was all so rehearsed and perfect one would think he had spent days preparing this whole fiasco. Tassy nearly fell over, Magnolia just face palmed.
    "This is how the gods have punished me." She muttered

16. Kingtype

Pickles screamed in terror. He instantly began pacing , this is what he gets for bringing up his daughter in such an insane world. Teenage boys can't be trusted. Pickles looked around as if he was planning something............kill the boy and dump the body in the lake. NO! That wouldn't be right and he couldn't live with the guilt. Pickles was prone to brutal thoughts in moments like this.........but hey give the guy a break he loves his little girl. Pickles looked at Tassy. "Pumpkin um what do we do!?" He cried out in horror. When you can't beat life go to the wife.

Marine chuckled her face turning red. She'd never even had a boyfriend before and she was already up for marriage. The young mer let out a laugh. "Sorry but my dad says I'm not allowed to date or marry until I'm what again?." "299!" Pickles shouted. Marine continued "My mom says I can date but she says make sure you like them and I don't really know you. Sorry to say." She said with a polite smile.

17. Kingtype

Double post.

Pheonix likes this.
  18. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Word from Fare.

"Don't worry, Grynn. You'll catch another rat, I'm sure of it." Lyra cooed to her pet, taking a handful of sunfire seeds from the pouch on her belt. She put them into the palm of her hand, letting Grynn peck at the rich morsels.

"Lyra!" Came the familiar voice of her mother; the voice Lyra had grown to ignore. "Eat your dinner first before you feed your bird."

"I'm just giving him a treat Mom," Lyra replied firmly. "He deserves it too! He did so well," She beamed a wide smile at her mom to only get a warning glance in return. "But Mom..."

Before Lyra could say anymore, Grynn flapped his fiery wings and snapped his beak, sounding off his hunting cry.

"Stop, Grynn! No!" Lyra yelled as the movement on her shoulder caused her to lose her balance. She dropped to the hard floor but Grynn remained airborne. Lyra watched in horror as her bird flew around the dining room, pecking at the air.

Berk glanced up from his plate to the peculiar bird, he had persuaded Emery to let Lyra keep the bird but he was not sure if he could hold her to that much longer. "Just focus on eating your dinner sweetie" he said to Lyra, "the bir- Grynn can wait. But you," Berk pointed at Lyra with his knife "must grow and become strong if you want to go on adventures. I think he just needs some away time, he'll come back." Berk said as he opened the door to let the peculiar bird out. Lyra seemed less convinced but, it had happened countless times before, Grynn always came back. When berk closed the door he heard a soft voice "hey, watch it!". Berk frowned and scanned the room for the origin of the noise, it turned out to come from the door, he had nearly squashed what appeared to be a fairy between the woodwork.

"Oh I am sorry, I did not see you." Berk said politely as he opened the door some more to let the small creature in.

"What is it, dear?" Emery managed to say after nearly choking on her bread. Lyra got up from the floor and walked passed where Pip was sitting to see the creature up close.

"Dad what is that?" she asked, pointing curiously at the creature that was no bigger than her finger.

"It's a fairy dear" Berk said as he held back his daughter with one hand. He then returned his attention to the fairy "what brings you here, little light" Berk said, following the etiquette of politeness perfectly.

"I bring word from Queen Magnolia.." the fairy said, "she has asked us, her loyal servants, to send word to the heroes of the old company to gather at the 17th, in her palace." the blue fairy said, though her words were more like a whisper. "She is looking for new heroes too" the fairy spoke as she landed on Lyra's head to take a break.

Emery set down her fork, her appetite ruined with these 'lively' events. She strolled over to where Lyra stood looking up in awe at the fairy.

"We are not going on another adventure," Emery stated. "And Lyra is too young for such dangers. I myself didn't go on my first quest until I was eighteen." Emery crossed her arms. "Tell Queen Magnolia that we decline. Thank you."

Lyra looked to her father, ignoring her mother's practicality. "Dad, can we go? Pretty please? I could finally put my training to good use and Grynn can come too! I can do all the heroic stuff you've told me in stories...maybe I'll even meet a siren! Please?" Lyra batted her eyelashes, a sweet smile on her lips.

Berk looked from the fairy to his wife and then to Lyra. "If you need anything, little light, we will provide you. But aside from that, I am afraid we must indeed decline. I do not wish to leave this place, to go back to war. My daughter her" Berk put a hand on Lyra's shoulder "is far too young for such adventures, and my other daughter" Berk looked over to Pip "well, she may decided for herself."

"I am sorry" Berk said to his daughter who was trying very hard to pull a but-daddy-please face on him. He was not going to fall for it though. No doubt queen Magnolia would have them go back into battle, and other such nasty business. No Berk, found life much better without an armor on and a sword strapped around his waist.

"That's not fair!" Lyra said. "Come on Dad, why have you let me practice eather if I can't use it for good? Mom can't keep me on an island forever..."

"Yes I can and will," Emery interrupted. "Not until you are ready to endure the tragedies of life will I allow you out of my sight." Emery tried to pull her daughter into a hug, but Lyra stepped away almost on the verge of tears.

"But Mom, I am ready! I can defend myself. You just never watch me practice," Lyra said as her small body shook with anger. "I am ready."

"All the others will be there, your old friends, their children..." the fairy intervened. Berk sighed deeply. "You are not ready Lyra, I may have told you of adventures but I never told you about the horrors of battle. The pain when cold steel slices through your skin, when your enemy rips out the beating heart of someone you called a friend, when you see the man next to you beheaded or a spear shoved through his thro-" Berk caught Emery's worried look and cut himself off before he could into a more gruesome details.

Lyra seemed to be nearly reduced to tears. "Still, I agree with you, you can not stay on this island forever..." Berk said as he raised a hand towards Emery. "If Pip accompanies you, I will let you go to Fare, but you must return immediately after. That," Berk was about to propose something Emery would like slightly better "or we will all go, as a vacation of sorts. Remember, after this meeting is over, we will go back. No matter how long you give me that look." Berk said with a weak smile as he playfully pinched Lyra's cheek.

Lyra's bubbly laugh echoed off the walls. "Dad, you're the best!" She wrapped her arms around his waist in a hug.

Emery's face clouded over at Berk's proposal. Another adventure. Could she handle yet another adventure? The last time she'd been away she had lost everything; she couldn't lose Lyra too. But as she studied her daughter's joyful expression, Emery sighed in defeat.

"I suppose a vacation could be...fun." Emery used the word lightly. "But we will need to be prepared for anything to happen. And you have to stay by our side or Pip's at all times, Lyra. Do you hear me?"

"Sure, Mom whatever you say," Lyra said. She gazed into her father's eyes, giving him another tight squeeze. "I love you, Dad."

Berk smiled at his daughter's happiness. He let out a soft oomph when she flung her arms around his waist, he gave Emery a cheeky wink. "It will be fine, it's just to Fare and back. Nothing more. Do you hear me Lyra, just to Fare and back, nothing more, even if I have to drag you all the way home." Berk said as he let out a chuckle.

"And promise me that you will behave" Berk added, to satisfy Emery to the greatest possible extend. "Now come, finish your meal and be a good girl."

And so it happened that no more than three days later Berk, Emery, a very bouncy Lyra and a ever-so depressed looking Pip set course for Fare. Berk had busied himself with making sure that the community would manage without them and he had been assured wholeheartedly by everyone that they would look after his lands and home. Still, Berk's heart felt heavy as they began to journey towards Fare, trouble seemed almost inevitable.

19. kev675

kev675 New Member

very well written story was drawn in from the start thank you very much I enjoyed myself remember,

I am the Warlock follow me though darkness and wealth and fame will be yours, haha

20. Cannoli

Cannoli New Member

Craze hears an annoying sound of something flapping its tiny wings together. He waves his hand, in the hope the annoying insect leaves him be. He lays on a flat boulder at the foot of a small hill that is decorated with more of these large flat boulder. The flapping sound becomes louder once again. With his large hand he smacks the flying pesky thing away.

“Ouch!” it yells.

Shocked, Craze opens his eyes and sits up straight.

“Bugs talking nowa’ days. So the world is at its end.” he talks to himself like any sane person.

“I’m not a bug, you big goof!” says a tiny voice.

Craze looks into the direction of the cute voice.

“I’m a fairy!”.

Craze smirks. “And the difference is?”.

“Hey! That is uncalle..”. “Just scram.”. “That is not how you treat someone sent by Queen Magnolia!”.

“You? Sent by the Queen? I think me calling you a bug is more truthful.”.

“Fine! I search for someone else to do her bidding.”. The fairy tries to fly away, but Craze quickly grabs her by her wings as if she is just another butterfly, trapped by a curious kid.

“Please accept my apology, little fairy.”. “Grabbing a girl by her wings is hardly an apology.”.

Craze quickly releases the offended fairy. “You only get one apology out of me, girly. Enlighten me with the task laid upon you.”.

“The Queen is assembling a group of humanoids to fight for the honour and glory of Exzalia.”.

“A war is coming?”.

“Not if we can prevent it! That is why I was sent. I had to search for a brave person to fight for her majesty and her kingdom.”.

Craze looks into the eyes of the fairy. He only just noticed, but she has lovely blue eyes and bright blond hair, just like.. “I.. I don’t know if I want to fight for this country. I don’t know if I am the right person for this job.”.

“Then you are indeed not one of the brave warriors meant to fight for the right cause. I bid you farewell. I hope you eventually are willing to use your strength for the good.”. The fairy turns away and disappears between a few trees, entering a forest that lays on the foot of this hill.

“The nerves! I’m not a bug! I don’t even look like one.”. The small fairy comes across a puddle of nearly dried up water. She sees her reflection and touches her face with her hand. Then she gets a frown on her face and continues on.

“You see, Yimel, you are good looking. Let that ‘fire breath’ talk all he wants, you look nothing like a bug. You are cute!”.

“Who are you talking to?” asks Craze suddenly, standing suddenly next to her.

She lets out a high pitched scream. “I wasn’t talking, prick.”.

“Don’t you mean ‘fire breath’?”.

“Whatever.. what do you want? Were you boring yourself you’re your negativity?”.

“I thought about it. About what you said, girly. You are right, if I am going to set myself away on the side of the good, why not spare me the trouble and join a band of misfits from the start.”.

“That does not even come close to what I was telling you!”.

“So what’s your name, or do you want me to call you girly the whole way to the palace. Or is it an castle?”.

“My name is Yimel and who says I am willing to take you to the cast.. Queen her home? You hurt my feelings and declined the offer. Maybe this was meant to be. Maybe, out here, close by, there is someone stronger and more willing to fight for the Queen and her kingdom. Maybe..”.

“Maybe you should shut that little mouth of yours and hear me out.”. The fairy still looks angry. “I meant to say please at the end.”.

“Go on, ‘fire breath’.”. “I am sorry that I hurt your tiny fairy feelings. Still, it does not change the fact I just told you; I am willing to join a group of good doers from the beginning, in the hope to have a better future for everyone.”.

“Do you really mean that?”.

“I most certainly do. I might come off as a grumpy man, but once you get to know me, you actually..” Craze suddenly bursts out into laughter.

“You should have seen your face, girly. Like I have a change of heart within a minute.”. “Jerk.” says the little fairy as she flies on.

“Hey, where are you going! I just told you I want to help out. Wait!”.

After many hours of walking and making up with the messenger Yimel, they arrive at a castle. Large castle doors slam open as Craze stands in the large doorway with rays of the sun passing by.

21. Kingtype

Pickles was first to see he newcomer. Pickles mind was taken off his daughter's suitors for a moment. Pickles may no have had weaving abilities, or a siren song, or godlike powers but Pickles did have one skill that not many could pull off. He could connect with people even if they couldn't connect with him. That's why Magnolia appointed him doorman for the day something about seeing happy faces after a long journey. Besides Pickles loved meeting fellow heroes and making friends. "Good day sir. You got summoned here I'm guessing?" Pickles asked nodding. "Its always a pleasure to meet fellow heroes." Pickles flashed a bright smile and held out his hand. It's the kind of smile that no person could ever really hate. Call it what you will happy, sincere, caring, sweet but whatever it was Pickles had that kind of aura about him.

Marine was close behind him. She didn't exactly no how feel about scorch fiends. Her mother had told her stories about one of them......Crunket or something. But based on what her mother said he wasn't exactly the most compassionate person. So Marine decided just to watch and see how the scorch fiend would react to her father.

22. Cannoli

Cannoli New Member

"Its always a pleasure to meet fellow heroes."

The man put out his hand as he puts on a welcoming smile.

Something tells me that this person is hard to hate. For now. Better act nicely and play along.

Craze grabs the man's hand and shakes it once, weakly.

"Actually, the fairy threatened to turn me into a frog if I would not come along. So yea, I was 'summoned'.".

"Hey, don't lie! You are the one that came begging to me. 'Joining a band of misfits' you said." says Yimel defending.

Craze laughs briefly.

"Kids these days, huh?" he says to the man, now letting go of the his hand.

Craze quickly looks at the girl standing behind the man, but he does not say anything to her.

"Fool, introduce yourself!" says the fired up fairy.

"Ah yes, my name is Craze.".

23. Kingtype

Pickles smile never faltered once but it did relax as the two became more acquainted. "Well its great to meet you Mister Craze. I had a good friend who was a scorch fiend once." The hero's eyes looked sad for a moment but then quickly lit up again. "Anyway you won't regret coming. Think you'll get to save lives of fellow Exzalians it's gonna be worth it to see the smiling faces once this is all said and done. Plus its our duty as heroes to save the day." Pickles spoke with passion.

Marine's eyes were sparkling as her dad spoke. She always found amazing how her dad cared so much for things and people he didn't know about. Pickles paused and beamed another grin at Craze. "As for kids I know what you mean. Their just wonderful my family is the joy of my life, two kids and a the love of my life!" He exclaimed. "Oh were are my manners that name's Peter or Pickles whichever you like." The big man turned his attention to the fairy. "Now little miss no reason throw around insults. Lets all be friends." He said with a nice smile and gentleman's wink.

JessWrite likes this.
  24. Cannoli

Cannoli New Member

Craze puts on a fake smile.

"Yeah, smiling faces; the sole reason I'm here."

The man continues to blabber on, something about 'two bits' and 'missing'. Then he turns his words to the small fairy that had been tortured by sarcasm for hours.

Then Craze pets Yimel on her tiny head with his index finger. "Let's be friends, just as the pickle says.".

Craze turns his attention back to the overly friendly man. "Is.. there something I should do or say to the Queen before I go and lean against a wall, waiting for what happens next? I'm not used to company to be honest." he whispers.

Yimel lets out a tiny laugh. "Oh really?".

It seems that the sarcasm is rubbing off on the tiny fly.

25. Kingtype

Pickles clapped his hands together. "Were all friends now." He said cheerfully. "As for the Queen she's gonna wait till everyone get's here to start the meeting. She's currently busy discussing things with my wife." Pickles said nodding towards Queen Magnolia and the siren she was speaking with. "That's my wife Tassy." He said pointing to the siren. "So just make yourself at home till the others arrive." Pickles turned around and finally saw Marine.

The hero grabbed his daughter's arm and pulled her in front of Craze. "Mister Craze this is my baby girl Smiles!" He exclaimed every time Pickles talked about his family any of them. His one good eye shined with something so pure it was really something unique. Marine chuckled. She still hated that nickname. "My name is Marine and it's nice to meet you." She said with wide eyes as she examined the scorch fiend. She'd never seen one before up close at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.