Tales of Exzalia dying worlds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

The situation

Tassy casually walked up to Carson.
    "hello son, how are you? um...can I tell you something?" With quick speed Tassy grabbed her sons ear and whispered.

"IF you don't behave, Pickles won't be able to recognize your body in the morning, okay?" A threat only a siren could make, she did love her son of course, but the fate of Exzalia hung on this meeting, she would not allow him to mess it up for attention. One could not forget that Exzalian sirens were vengeful creatures, beautiful only on the outside, their actions of violence and horror well known through out the land. With a smile and a nod Tassy walked back to the others.
    "Magnolia."

"Thankyou, Now as to why I called you here, I am under the impression most of you have little knowledge of what is happening outside of your comfy homes." magnolia didn't sound pleased as she said that last line.

"Well, vacations over. Exzalia needs you again, No...it never stopped needing you. I ask that you aid me with one task. Then you can go back to your comfy homes, and pretend the world isn't falling apart by the seems."

Clearing her throat she continued very bluntly.

"Lore, just last week, has fallen. the king was killed by uncastables and the kingdom is now falling into chaos, Damiruu was taken over by Toren a month ago. As far as we know no uncastable remains alive with in his borders. Estal is now over run with vampires and werewolf's. They are barely holding together. In short every nation is about to collapse, Only Fare will be left and my kingdom will not stop Exzalia falling into war and violence on an untold scale."

She looked at all of them. "But there is hope. I plan to reach the country of Morien, they have agreed to join with Fare if we help them with their food crisis, If I can do that our combined forces may be able to keep Exzalia under control we will be able to clean up the roads, and help Estal from falling. We can start to rebuild, a joint effort from all humans. But thanks to the eather outside of fair depleting, I can't fly there. I have to walk, that leads us to you guys. The roads are very dangerous, giants, undead, bandit mages, all manner of hazards await me. I need a convoy of sorts an excort."

Magnolia went silent allowing her words to sink in. "So, you have a choice, you can go home and live your lives in a delusional state of security, or you can accompany me on this one trip to Morien. If you do, I will give you more wealth than you can imagine and you all can go home in peace, of course your kids will be safe here in Fare. What say you?"

2. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Lore, just last week, has fallen. the king was killed by uncastables and the kingdom is now falling apart,"
    Archibald was taken apart by this news. But rather than shock, there was a tinge of pride. They'd finally done it. They've done the impossible. Not that he liked regicide, but that king had done some wrong things. And he couldn't help but side with the uncastables, given his nature.

"So, you have a choice, you can go home and live your lives in a delusional state of security, or you can accompany me on this one trip to Morien. If you do, I will give you more wealth than you can imagine and you all can go home in peace, of course your kids will be safe here in Fare. What say you?"
    Archibald bowed even lower. "It would be an honor to accompany you on such an important journey, mistress. However, are you sure one such as I would suffice? I'm not quite- err, I don't really- mmm..." He rubbed his neck, embarrassed once again. "I don't really do the magic thing, y'know? All I've got to offer is a sword that's sometimes on fire."

Pheonix likes this.
  3. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River and Emery

River put a hand on Rayla's shoulder squeezing it softly. "We'll talk when we get home, ok."

"Yeah, sure." Rayla nodded though she still felt nervous. Keiran's sudden high-and-mighty stance didn't make her feel anymore re-assured either. He only did it when something bothered him.

River heard a familiar voice coming from behind her. She turned her head and caught sight of Emery her hand on the arm of a girl who looked very much like a younger version of Emery. With things seeming to be undercontrol on her husband's end, she made her way over to Emery.

"Emery! It's good to see you. It's been too long."

At the sight of River, Emery quickly replaced her annoyed scowl with a smile. "River, I'm glad to see you too," her eyes glanced to her friend's swollen belly. "And, congratulations! Another addition is truly wonderful. How is your family?"

"Hello, I'm Lyra! You must he Rayla and Keiran's mom." Lyra interrupted while flinging her arm from her mother's grasp. "They are really nice!"

"That I am, Lyra. And you must be Emery's daughter. You have one strong mother." River looked up smiling at Emery. Something seemed to be weighing on her. "My family is well. Rayla can be a bit of a handful and sometimes Keiran reminds me of his grandfather...but they are good kids. What about you and Pip? Did she come?"

"Yes she did," Emery said with a sigh. "Yet, I am afraid to say she is not the Pip you know. She is Piper now, choosing a darkened path," Emery shook her head. "Ever since...well, you know..." She glanced knowingly at her daughter who didn't know of Pip's short-lived romance. "She has never been the same. Berk and I tend to her needs, but that is all we can do for her," Emery gave another sigh before smiling again. "But no need to concern you with such things. It is good to see you and your family are well. I believe we shall be able catch up on all we've missed very soon."

River took Emery's hand and squeezed it reasurringly. She knew what it was like to lose a daughter. "As long as Pip is still alive, there is hope. Keep being as good a mother as you can be."

It was then Magnolia began speaking. Her and Emery's reunion would have to wait.

4. Exzalia

"I don't really do the magic thing, y'know? All I've got to offer is a sword that's sometimes on fire."

"You very well maybe the straw that breaks the windseers back, several other ambassadors are going besides my self. They are all decoys, I have enemies, enemies who are always looking for a chance to kill me. So I have opted for a cunning plan. I am pretending to be a poorly put together decoy, the people I have chosen are not royal guards. They are ragamuffins and sell swords, fathers and uncastables. We will still encounter danger but no one will think a valuable chess piece like my self, would travel with riffraff."

5. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Pickles was up in a flash. "You have my full support. Oh and I don't need any money me and Tassy got plenty of that." And in truth they did Pickles had become very wealthy in the last 50 years. But he was finally happy to be back in the heroic adventure. Pickles was smiling brightly. "I'm so in. I don't if the others are but I'm really excited." Pickles getting excited like a school girl. "So its settled we stop all the tragic and horrid events with our heroics."

Tassy's threat didn't bother Carson in the slightest, In fact he was smiling just as wide as his father. "Interesting." He said putting his arm around his dad. The two started dancing like morons. As Carson danced with his dad like he was child being entertained he spoke. "If it mean's we are going to be saving good people." Carson's attitude actually didn't seem to different that Pickles when he wasn't faced with what he considered evil. Speaking of that. "But the evil people can rot for all I care. I'd much prefer to get my hands a fellow like Toren." Carson loved dispensing his justice on the wicked. "The evil deserve to be punished." He said as he and Pickles stopped dancing.

"Come now son mercy before brutality." Pickles said nodding towards Carson. "Mercy sometimes justice first......or something like that whichever." Carson said shrugging as he took a seat. Marine frowned she had never been away from her parents.....would they really leave her in Fare. Marine looked up at her mother nervously. But she was very please her big brother Carson was here. She'd make sure to catch up later. Marine sighed. "W..wait Mom! You can't just leave me here!" She said with a hint of terror.

Pheonix likes this.
  6. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will and Keiran

"So, you have a choice, you can go home and live your lives in a delusional state of security, or you can accompany me on this one trip to Morien. If you do, I will give you more wealth than you can imagine and you all can go home in peace, of course your kids will be safe here in Fare. What say you?"

Will looked at River. "You cannot expect my pregnant wife to go trekking through the hinterlands between here and Morien," Will said. "I however am willing to go, if this is in truth just a short and easy errand run... but I cannot imagine that it is. Why would you summon us if it were?" Will asked. "But I digress, I will accompany you, on the condition that River stays here under protection, along with my children."

"Father! There is no need for me to stay here, I would be more use out in the wilds with you!" Keiran protested. The prospect of being able to do something worthwhile appealed to him, much more than staying behind with the women and children. He was 23 years old after all, a man grown. His father had been younger when he first set out for adventure.

Will studied his son for a moment. "Perhaps you're right... you aren't a child anymore. Alright then," he said turning back to Magnolia. "My son and I will accompany you. But only as far as Morien and back. I will not be going on any meandering quest about the world."

Kingtype likes this.
  7. Exzalia

The situation

"My son and I will accompany you. But only as far as Morien and back. I will not be going on any meandering quest about the world."

Magnolia may be harsh, but she was honest at least. "No River will not have to go, and no it will not be an easy trip and no I can not garentee your sons safety. Morien isn't far from here but the roads are treacherous as I said. also there is more you should know. Tassy."

Tassy put on a pair of glasses, she never used to wear them. But lately her eyes had been failing her, something she neglected to tell Pickles. There were many things she didn't tell Pickles, not out of spite. But love she wanted to never worry him with anything. But that also meant she bared many of her problems alone.

"After the death of magic incident I began reading up on Tess's studies. Back in Lethross I found he had devoted him self to helping Exzalia. before he..." Tassy shook her head trying to refocus her thought. it was clear she still had not gotten over her brothrs death after all these years.

"Anyway I quickly realized Tess has done some ground breaking work on eather, and devoted the last fifty years into chronicling what he has discovered. Eather as of right now is in chaos, you see eather actually seems to have a mind of it's own. It behave differently depending on the situation, that's why two people using the same kind of eather almost always come out with different spells. Right now Exzalias eather is rushing around our world trying to keep it in order. But there isn't enough, this has made eather panicy and stressed almost, spasms are now very common as a result."

"For all those who don't know, eather spasms is when magic weaves it's self on accident, causing random holes in reality. If you're caught in one, you could be turned into a pile of ash, or ducks. Anything is possible when eather goes berserk."Magnolia nodded to Tassy signaling her to continue.

"Right as Magnolia has said, eather spasms are deadly. And they're happening because the eather is trying to do too much at once, it gets excited and becomes wild. There is nothing that can be done about it, however. If you will come with me I have something to show you."

Tassy got up and began making her way towards Fares training grounds. The others began to follow slightly disheartened of at the tragic state of affairs on Exzalia. behind Sol and Knob followed too.

"you know something Knob?" Sol said as they trailed behind them

"What?"

"That half elf chick, I think....I think she digs me."

Knob nodded. "Yep she totally digs you, who wouldn't?"

8. Kingtype

Marine sighed. She knew all about her Uncle Tess in fact she had marked him down as one of her 5 of top role models in her life. But still shaken a little. Her parents and brother were leaving. Maybe she could go. "Mom can I go to Morien with you guys, if dad, you and brother are there I won't be in to much danger. Soooo?" She asked running up beside Tassy. Marine never asked for much maybe her parents would let her do this for being so good all these years. She was beaming at her mom her eyes pleading. She didn't want to be left in Fare.

Both Pickles and Carson both noticed Tassy putting on the glasses. Pickles always had a keen eye for things like that and his son had picked it up to. Carson wasn't to concerned with the matter. He figured his mother was fine. Pickles on the other hand frowned. He'd made a mental note of to talk to Tassy about it. In fact he was so invested with his thoughts about Tassy he didn't hear what his daughter asked.

Pheonix likes this.
  9. Exzalia

"No you may not!" Tassy said sternly. She then hugged Marine. "It's too dangerous, and I don't think I can stand to lose another family member, you stay here, were it is safe."

10. Kingtype

Marine was a little taken back as the her mother's tone. But she smiled softly she liked being hugged. It made her feel warm. "Oh okay. I was just asking because Carson is always going places and you and dad went on adventures when you were younger. But staying here is good to." She said meekly. Marine knew not to push her luck with her mother. "I won't mention it again." Pickles walked up behind Tassy and hugged her. "Your not us or Carson Smiles. Your still young girl enjoy your childhood its much better then the boring adult world right Tassy?" Pickles asked cheerfully

Carson didn't bother getting in the family hug fest. He smirked at them. "I agree with Pickles and Tassy. But even if you did come you wouldn't die. I wouldn't permit it." He said winking. Carson had a few reasons on why Marine wouldn't get hurt. The main one being that the world would bend to his will.

Pheonix likes this.
  11. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Berk Strongarm

Berk watched the events unfold before his eyes. A many great times his laugh rolled through the palace. He loved seeing his daughter so excited but he was happy Emery was around to restrain her when needed. After all, she was just a young girl and still needed protection, even protection from herself. He introduced himself with a firm handshake to all the newcomers; Archibald, Keiran, Rayla, Carson and Craze. He made mental notes of their names and from where they came but, he wasn't very trusting of his own memory, not any more.

"Come along now, Lyra..."

Berk watched his wife intervene just in time and gave her a weak smile. "I bet you were worse" Berk whispered to Emery as he edged close to her "I know I was" he stated happily. He found Emery was acting slightly uptight around royalty and would do anything to unstiffle her.

Then Magnolia and Tassy began to elaborate on the reason of the gathering, Berk tore his gaze away from the playing kids and focused his eyes and ears on the Queen of Fare.

Berk had listened carefully to what Magnolia had to say but this statement put him on edge. He realized that she was right in part, security had become a term relative to your whereabouts, how long until New Charon would be assaulted? But to aid Queen Magnolia seemed out of bounds, Berk felt he had done enough for Exzalia by swinging swords. Unless he could aid in a more peaceful way, he would decline.

"If I may, Queen, what is in it for you? Or am I to believe that you care so much for Damirruu, Adra and the other nations that you wish to save them? Fare has fared well these last few years and if what you say about Lore is true, then that is indeed a matter of the utmost concern, however, I suspect there is more to it than that. If your interest is purely to save these countries from their doom, then why have you waited for so long to act? Forgive me my imprudence but even Fare has seen better days. The issues you talk about could have been resolved or prevented altogether so my question is not why, but why now?" Berk said thoughtfully.

He did not mean to insult or upset Magnolia but he couldn't help but feel she was hiding her true intentions. She could not pretend that Fare had been powerless all these years and even if that were true, why would she have waited to summon them all now? Berk certainly respected Magnolia but he was not sure if he trusted her entirely.

12. Cannoli

Cannoli New Member

Craze

Craze bravely nods once, accepting the Queen's offer, but before he could say out loud that he felt honoured, the one that introduced himself as Berk challenged the Queen with a question that set him to thinking.

13. Question

Question Active Member

Thoranth

It had taken him a while to get to Fare, the fairy wasn’t good company, and due to the time restraint he hardly had time to stop at any taverns or brothels. But even he was impressed by the magnificence of the castle. It reached towards the sky like a great stone beast grasping for the gentle rays of the sun. Before entering the castle he had done his best to clean himself up, he had bathed, washed his cloths, and even trimmed his beard. If he was to get in the good graces of a queen he figured he had to look his best. He was obviously late, but surely the queen would understand that it was a long way to go especially on foot. No one noticed him when he had entered the main hall for a great commotion was taking place between three children. There was a good amount of people already in the hall, confirming his suspicions that he was late. Was this the group that the queen was sending on the quest? Mothers, fathers and children? He didn’t quite know what to make of it.

More wealth then he could imagine? That was no easy task for he could imagine plenty. He had listened to the queens speech with the utmost interest but It wasn’t until he heard how they would be compensated that he knew that he would embark on this endeavor no matter how ill-conceived it was. He didn’t care about the kingdom, what had the kingdom ever done for him, nothing that’s what. But you promise him an endless supply of wealth, and then he’d risk his neck for anybody, whether that is a pompous queen or the devil himself. Most people thought him greedy but he wasn’t, he was just a man with large appetites that needed to be filled, and the only way to fill them was with coin.

“My dear Queen Magnolia if I may be so bold enough to speak. I am Thoranth, a lowly servant who is humbled by your magnificence. Your words are as eloquent as you are beautiful, and your speech has moved me to accept this quest fully and whole heartedly. “

He bowed his head deeply in respect.

14. Exzalia

If I may, Queen, what is in it for you? Or am I to believe that you care so much for Damirruu, Adra and the other nations that you wish to save them? Fare has fared well these last few years and if what you say about Lore is true, then that is indeed a matter of the utmost concern, however, I suspect there is more to it than that. If your interest is purely to save these countries from their doom, then why have you waited for so long to act? Forgive me my imprudence but even Fare has seen better days. The issues you talk about could have been resolved or prevented altogether so my question is not why, but why now?" Berk said thoughtfully.

"It seems you have yet to grasp the gravity of the situation." She said with a frown. "This isn't about saving nations, these nation are all but destroyed. This is about damage control, for if all these nation descend into anarchy, humanity and any sentient being living with in those borders risk extinction. the giants, vampires and uncastables, rogue mages will ransack them and after they have finished doing that what do you think they will do next? they will come here. This is a desperate bid to save society as we know it. As for why I called you now, I had other problems to deal with in Fare before hand. It may not look like it, but we were nearly about to break out in another civil war a month ago, I would have hoped you would see how badly you were still needed Berk and I find your apparent new found lack of faith, and weakness, disturbing. Do you understand now Berk?"

Words like a viper, Magnolia blunt as always.

"In any case no nation is strong enough to get Exzalia back under control by it's self, so we can start rebuilding. Asides from fare we have recovered 0% from the draining due to senseless wars and revolt after revolt. But if the remains of these nations can band together, maybe, just maybe we'll have the man power to return order to this land."

15. Macaberz

It seems you have yet to grasp the gravity of the situation." She said with a frown. "This isn't about saving nations, these nation are all but destroyed. This is about damage control, for if all these nation descend into anarchy, humanity and any sentient being living with in those borders risk extinction. the giants, vampires and uncastables, rogue mages will ransack them and after they have finished doing that what do you think they will do next? they will come here. This is a desperate bid to save society as we know it. As for why I called you now, I had other problems to deal with in Fare before hand. It may not look like it, but we were nearly about to break out in another civil war a month ago, I would have hoped you would see how badly you were still needed Berk and I find your apparent new found lack of faith, and weakness disturbing. Do you understand now Berk?"

"I am afraid I do not understand" Berk said sincerely. "Or at least, not wholly. You seek to restore order but you suggest to do so by force. What I wonder is this, if the false King of Damirruu and the rebels in Lore are defeated, what then? Who will take their place? You? Besides, Lore might have been taken over by uncasteables but are there any signs that they are discriminating mages. The uncasteables could not have taken over if they did not have the support of the majority, why not let them be? You seem to want to start a war to prevent another, this, I belief to be unwise." Berk stated humbly.

16. Exzalia

"I am afraid I do not understand" Berk said sincerely. "Or at least, not wholly. You seek to restore order but you suggest to do so by force. What I wonder is this, if the false King of Damirruu and the rebels in Lore are defeated, what then? Who will take their place? You? Besides, Lore might have been taken over by uncasteables but are there any signs that they are discriminating mages. The uncasteables could not have taken over if they did not have the support of the majority, why not let them be? You seem to want to start a war to prevent another, this, I belief to be unwise." Berk stated humbly.

Magnolia shook her head, the king of Lore may have been evil. But his death is very ill timed. His only heir princess Saya Lore went missing 50 years ago, you may remember her. I believed she died along side the half elf with the red hair."

"Pyria." Tassy corrected.

"Right, her. Berk are you saying we should try talking to the vampires over running Grove diplomatically? ignore Toren as he brutalizes whats left of Damiruu, and let Lore fall into chaos while we sit on our haunches and do nothing? It was not the people who killed Lore, it was an assassination done by some hidden group, with no leader Lore will quickly fall to the horde of Barbarians now stalking the lands that we might others wise have under control if we had the strength to enforce it."

Magnolia put her had on her forehead in frustration.

"Fine...let me put it to you this way, if the other nations fall completely. YOUR home will be next, for there will be no one there to keep the prates from sailing to Charon like how there doing now, each nation is connected and in this time we need each other, the health of every nation will effect the security of your own. In short if Damiruu does well Fare does well, If Lore does well Estal does well, If Fare does well Charon does well. Will that make you care enough to take up action?"

17. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Piper -Scythe's Bane

Something crossed Piper's eyes right then and she brought the blade of her scythe right between her father and Magnolia, the point stabbing into the ground with a loud clang.

"Nothing will take Charon so long as I am alive." she said coldly, her blank eyes staring holes into Magnolia. Nox eather formed a menacing aura around Pip's body, and for a moment her eyes seemed to glow.

Then the aura faded and she seemed normal again -or as normal as she had been these last fifty years.

She lifted the scythe and braced the rod against her shoulder, lettign the wind make an odd humming noise as it flowed through the holes along the blade that would make goosebumps rise on a normal peron's skin. Her wings spread and then folded back into place against her back, and her red eyes were framed by drak bangs as she turned away.

"I will go." she said shortly, walking further down the beach, her cloak snapping about her legs.

Then she turned and looked at Sol, and a strange expression flitted across her face for a moment. Then her eyes narrowed and she flared her wings, the angelic appearance contrasting sharply to her scythe and dark clothing.

"Watch the path you take, Sol." she said lowly, "It can lead you to the dark or to the light."

Then she took off and dissapeared amongst the clouds. She would come when she felt like it.

18. Kingtype

"Everyone should cheer up!" Someone shouted. It sounded like Pickles but oddly enough it was Carson. "Everything is going to be fine. We wont't fail I can assure you that its impossible for me to fail. I can lose but I'll never fail." He said cheerfully. "We are the princes and princesses that shall slay the dragons at the end of the story." He said smiling as he spread his arms. "This job will be a walk in the park."

Pickles laughed at his son's colorful way of speech. It wasn't that far off of what Pickles himself would say. "Well I do agree we should all cheer up. I think we should be happy were all back together. Might as well spend times of war with family, friends and keep your head up while doing it." Pickles said brightly. "Going on this trip ain't gonna be so bad. Heck I'm happy to be doing something lively instead of patrol in Merclans. This quest is gonna be great." He said withe excitement in his eyes. He turned to Tassy. "So Pumpkin what were you gonna show us?"

Pheonix likes this.
  19. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Lyra and Emery

Lyra listened to her father speak to Queen Magnolia, but didn't fully understand the situation between the nations. Obviously, things weren't going well, but with never being away from Charon she hadn't known that anything was wrong.

As she thought on what the Queen had said, all the kids would be staying in Fare. "Do we get to live in the palace while you're gone?" Lyra's grey eyes sparkled. To live here would be a dream! Without an answer, she ran over to where Marine was, with Grynn in tow.

"Marine, we're going to be princesses! This is like the best day ever!" Lyra said, smiling at her new friend. "Still not as great as being an adventurer, but pretty close if you ask me..."

"Lyra, stop all this nonsense," she hesitantly looked up to see her mom towering over her and Marine. "You are not staying here and I am not going anywhere without you," Her mom's face darkened like a stormcloud.

"But Mom, you and Dad have to go...everybody else is," Lyra said.

"Well, they can all make their own decisions. The only reason we came here was to be together and you are too young to be without us," Emery looked over to her husband still near Magnolia. "Isn't that right, Berk?"

Pheonix likes this.
  20. Kingtype

Marine looked thoughtful. She didn't want to be left behind but maybe if Lyra was there it wouldn't be so bad. Plus this was a castle there would probably be a lot of fun stuff do. "Yes staying here would be most fun." She said with a soft smile. Suddenly Pickles jumped between the two girls with a massive grin. "Princesses? Of course you two are this castle was built little ladies like you two." The hero said bouncing up an down. Pickles loved entertaining kids

Marine started giggling. "Yes I must say. It would be ever so fun to be princess of Fare for a day." Marine had never wondered about being a princess before. But now that she was she enjoyed the idea very much. The dresses, the giant beds and everything you could dream of.

Pheonix likes this.
  21. Keitsumah

Piper watched her family from high above -momentarilly feeling the pull to leave the earth forever like the other Airmids had.

No. I am no tone of them, and if he returns . . . Pip swallowed as a look of momentary pain crossed her face. Spreading her wings to catch a breeze, she shivered, clutching her scythe close. Magic was so scarce now . . . she realized as she looked at her palm, only tiny sparks scattering from it. Her only weapon now seemed to be her scythe -and what random bursts of eather she could conjure.

Even without magic i still have a lot of advantages . . . she thought -she was the only human who could fly. The only human who could see as far as she could. But that was all due to the fact that she had been born as an Airmid. And if magic changed her, and it all dissapeared, what would happen then? Would she lose her wings and die on the ground? She couldn't bear to think about it.

Gritting her teeth, Pip landed abruptly in front of her mom and Berk -locking eyes with her mother as a look of determination came to her face. It was the first emotion she had shown in a long time.

"Mom, i know you won't go this time i think, but I was born when the well of darkness appeared, and have been fighting ever since. I think i should go." she said clamly.

22. Kingtype

Pickles left the two girls thrilled and then turned his attention towards Pip. He beamed at her. He could tell she was hurting he was determined cheer her up. Pickles patted the girl on the back. "Come on Miss Pip give us a grin!" He exclaimed. "Lyra and Marine got the right idea. We all need to smile more. So come turn that frown upside down be happy." Pickles warmed smile flashed at Pip.

Carson grinned at his dad's actions. He took a look at Pip and wondered if she was dressing up as Death for a reason. He turned to his mom. "Alright Tassy lets see what you've be waiting to show us."

Pheonix likes this.
  23. Keitsumah

Pip glanced at Pickles and shrugged away from him, a wary look crossing her eyes.

"Imagine having Tassy taken from you, and then tell me you would smile." she said hollowly, her eyes blank. She knew she was being harsh, but that was the first thing that she could hope to compare her loss with.

24. Macaberz

Berk Strongarm

"Isn't that right, Berk?"

"It is indeed." Berk said thoughtfully as he walked over towards Emery. He rested his sword-arm on her shoulder and gazed at the gathered people. An odd bunch they had been, and odd they remained. Still, Magnolia's words had swayed him. If New Charon was endangered, what choice did he have?

"..but if Queen Magnolia is right, then we hardly have a choice. It would be selfish to sit here and watch, we must not forget the reasons for which we left last time. The reasons now are the same, the only difference is in the circumstances, and, by the looks of it, the odds might for once be with us." Berk stated to no one in particular. If anything, he or Emery or Pip would have to stay and protect Lyra, but on the other hand he knew Pip had made her choice already and Emery, well she would not let Lyra go so what chances did he have of convincing her?

-----

Somewhere far away, in an overgrown wasteland a body gasped for air, it's eyes opened. It felt a strong, femine presence in it's mind. Piper the voice spoke against a background of murmurs, its sound was soft and fuzzy. Then, the body grew limp once more.

25. Macaberz

ignore this post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.