Tales of Exzalia dying worlds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"Trouble?" Sol was by there side in mere moments. "I will keep you safe!" Sol stood in front of them rather heroically. though he over did it a bit with his hired servants began singing his victory song.

2. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Archibald's hand instinctively slid to his sword pommel and wrapped its fingers around the handle. He was young, but that doesn't mean he never served. He'd started at the age of 17 and stayed up until the day he left. The day I died. He could see nothing, but something made the hairs on his back rise. A family heirloom, his father had joking called it. It was far less of a joke to Archibald. His instincts were something which, while helpful, he resented. He resented it almost as much as he resented magic. That despicable 'art' that caused only destruction. Archibald almost swore aloud before the drumming of his fingers on the hilt of his sword, which occasionally paused to allow his fingers to trace the familiar runes carved throughout the ancient weapon. He closed the distance between himself and Will and whispered to him, "Excuse me sir, but do you feel that as well? A strange sensation of impending danger?"

3. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

"Trouble?" Sol was by there side in mere moments. "I will keep you safe!" Sol stood in front of them rather heroically.

"Really?" Rayla asked sarcastically. "I think you'd have better luck catching an angry chimera."

4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Marine happily to Rayla's hand. The mer girl practically looked like she was about to have a panic attack. "It..its to late I'm already finished he got me." She said to Rayla putting her head down.

Suddenly Carson dropped from the ceiling in front of Marine. A wide warm smile on his face. He then tapped his sister on the forehead. "Caught you your it." He was giggling like a big kid. Marine rolled her eyes. "That's so not fair!" She shouted "How am I supposed to catch you when you keep vanishing every second!?" Marine rarely got this noisy. But Pickles children played the game of tag with great honor. "What's wrong scared you can't catch the it tag champion?" He asked trying to egg his sister on.

Marine looked at Rayla and put her hands in begging motion. "Will you please help me catch him?" She asked. Carson took a look at Rayla and winked he then took off down the hall. "Please Miss Rayla and Mister Sol?"

Pheonix likes this.
  5. Exzalia

Inside Fare

"tag...really?" sol scoffed. I have a better idea, why don't I show you guys some adventure? It is my palace, I could show you things most commoners would die to see.

"Ya tag is for babies." It was Knob who followed after Sol like a lost puppy.

a shadow motioned towards the group of teens, it eye'd each one. "Hmm...that one? no wait, yes that one. I'm close." the figure stalked closer.

Magnolia's soul sense dedicated souls slowly surrounding the group. it was a spell that allowed her to sense souls from over five miles, she held up her hand ordering them to stop. She seemed on edge.

6. Love to Write

"Please Miss Rayla and Mister Sol?" Marine begged pleadingly.
    "tag...really?" Sol scoffed. I have a better idea, why don't I show you guys some adventure? It is my palace, I could show you things most commoners would die to see.

Rayla decided the moment Sol spoke up. "I think you're just scared you won't be able to catch him." She grinned mischeviously and moved the sword belt from around her waist to over one shoulder and under the other, so the the sword rested on her back. It was less cumbersome this way.
    "Let's go. Later Princy!" Rayla said sprinting in the direction she'd last seen Carson. He might be weird but he was nice to his sister. So he couldn't be all that bad.

7. Love to Write

Double post.

8. Kingtype

Marine was glaring at Sol and Knob. "Tag is not for babies. My dad and Carson play it with me all the time." She said in a defensive tone. With that Marine took off running with Rayla.

Carson was basically jogging. But he was still managing to keep distance between the two. Suddenly Carson leaped out of an open window he did it as graceful as a cat to. He flipped and landed on his feet in the garden. He beamed at Marine and Rayla who were now looking down at him from the window he had made his escape from. "Ladies." He said bowing. But he didn't run he patiently waited to see if what they were going to do to catch him.

Pheonix likes this.
  9. Love to Write

Rayla didn't waste any time climbing over the window sill. The drop was far to great for her to simply drop from this point but there was a ledge. Small, but enough for her. Determined to impress Marine and the idiot prince she barely hesitated before shimming down the wall, onto the ledge and dropping the last few feet to the ground. With a large grin she began sprinting after Carson again.

10. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Archibald froze when Magnolia's hand came up. So she feels it too. Though his hand was still tightly gripping his sword, he forced his body to remain perfectly still and closed his eyes as he listened. The slightest rustle, he was taught, spoke books of information.

11. Kingtype

Marine made her down the wall and landed ungracefully on her butt just in time to see Carson and Rayla square off.

Carson ducked, dodged and weaved all of Rayala's attempts tag him. The boy then flipped over her completely and started sprinting away again this time. He bounded with one impressive leap and gripped on to part of the castle and started climbing it. He stopped midway and opened another window. He climbed through it and then looked down at the girls. "See I can't lose." He said winking and took off running again.

Marine sighed and walked up to Rayla. Her brother always managed to amaze her with how agile he was. "See. I don't think I've ever seen him get caught in this game once. But I'm not giving up!" Marine looked Rayla. "Lets try and corner him. You chase him and I'll go around." She said as she made her way to the front.

Pheonix likes this.
  12. Love to Write

"Lets try and corner him. You chase him and I'll go around." She said as she made her way to the front.

Rayla swiftly followed Carson up the wall and through the other window. Almost as easy as climbing a tree. And she renewed the chase, Rayla determined that this time she would be smarter than him. She sprinted after Carson down a long hallway. Just before he got to the end she cast Light Shield in front of him hoping he would run into it.

13. Kingtype

Oh Carson ran into it alright. In fact he ran straight up it and used it as leverage to fling himself upward and grabbed on to one of the ceiling lights. He began swinging on them as if he was a monkey and let go so he landed behind Rayla. Once again he turned the corner and started running.

Pheonix likes this.
  14. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Lyra

"Where is everybody?" Lyra asked Grynn as she walked through the palace. Silence was all she heard.

"HELLO?!" her shrill voice echoed off the enormous walls. No answer. Lyra shrugged and turned into another wide hallway, being careful to track her steps. To get lost in a palace wouldn't be the greatest.

Were the others playing hide and seek? At the fun thought, Lyra burst into a sprint, winding through another hallway. The sound of footsteps in the distance soon reached her ears.

Quickly she looked for a hiding spot, her gaze landing on a closet door. She pulled it open and put a finger to her lips as she looked up at her bird. "We have to be quiet, Grynn. This will be good..." Lyra whispered and waited for the perfect opportunity to surprise her unknowing victim.

Pheonix likes this.
  15. Exzalia

The kids began running there care free faces put a frown on the cloaked figures face.
    "Fools."
    She began making her way to her target, River.

Magnolia scanned the horizen. Then suddenly she sent a fire bolt off into the distance. It blew with a fury of sparks and Caron eather, followed by a short painful cry. Then...silence.

*Bang!*

Suddenly Magnolia clutched her gut, red blood began to ooze slowly, she seemed to be in shock. "My...magic guard. did...nothing." She fell over.
    time seemed to freeze, only one word broke the silence.

"AMBUSH!"

Suddenly they were swarmed by uncastables, uncastables branding new and deadly weapons. They charged the caravan firing wands and dells at them without mercy! Some how they had known, they had known Magnolia would be there. They had known her decoy plan.

But most concerning was their nation.

They were Morien

16. Love to Write

Ralya watched in amazement as Carson used her shield and kept on moving. She had to learn how to do that. Turning around she began after him again, this time slower. Her breaths coming quicker. Her brother was much easier to catch than this guy. And the sword was getting heavy. She stopped in front of a closed closet to catch her breath. She'd lost sight of Carson. Marine had said that was when he struck...when no one could see him. She crouched down subtely preparing a water weave. When he attacked he was going to get all wet.

17. JessWrite

Lyra

Lyra had to hold in her giggles as a shadow cast over the small light under the doorframe. "1...2...3...."

"BOO!" Lyra yelled, tackling the person in front of her. Grynn flapped his wings, hovering in circles over Lyra's poor victim.

Pheonix likes this.
  18. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Archibald was at Magnolia's side before she even hit the ground. He caught her as she fell and swung around, carrying her quickly to the middle of the convoy while shielding her body with his. Even as he set her gently to the ground, he made sure that he stayed between the attackers and the queen. The Kenwards never failed their duties. Who was Archibald to break that legacy? His ears perked as another projectile flew towards them and a slightly louder slithering could be heard. A sudden flash and a faint ring sounded out as the bullet collided with his sword and flew harmlessly into a tree. While Archibald leveled his sword at the ambushers, flames slowly spread from the hilt of his sword to engulf the entire blade. "Who are you to dare attempt such an attempt? Answer me, lest I need use more unpleasant method of interrogation!"

19. Love to Write

Rayla

"BOO!" Someone yelled right before tackling Rayla. Thinking it was Carson, Rayla released her merc weave sending it straight at the person on top of her. It large and powerful as it was designed for someone much larger than herself.
    The person went flying, smacking heartly into the wall behind her. Rayla recognized her Lyra, Emery's daughter. "Oh, goddess! Lyra, I'm so sorry! I thought you were Carson. Are you hurt? I can heal it...oh goddess I hope your mom doesn't kill me." She said anxiously. She tended to speak fast when her heart rate was elevated.

20. JessWrite

Lyra

Before Lyra could process what was happening, she had been thrown into a wall and slid onto the cold marble floor. Lyra moaned as she struggled to sit up. Had that been a weave? She'd never been hit by eather before. Looking down, her white dress was soaked and being white...her cheeks flushed bright red.

"Oh, goddess! Lyra, I'm so sorry! I thought you were Carson. Are you hurt? I can heal it...oh goddess I hope your mom doesn't kill me." She said anxiously.

"I think I'll be okay," Lyra muttered. She tried to stand up but failed miserably as she fell again to the floor. Her small muscles had stiffened with the rough impact. Still, a gentle smile was on her lips. "Rayla, I so wanna see that spell again...just not on me!"

Pheonix likes this.
  21. Exzalia

The uncastables closed in, out fitted with elaborate armor and weapons that spat fire and sounded like thunder. To there relief the vast majority of these weapons didn't pierce ones magic guard. But through the battle one shot was fired, one shot fired over and over again. A shot that negated their magic guards. Each mage it hit fell dead or wounded.

The uncastables were getting close, they began unleashing their eather blades. Suddenly a voice cried out, it was Magnolia's. the queen now bleeding badly, stood to her feet.

"Tell...tell the left flank to do formation v! Use earth magic to disrupt their advance, do not allow them to get close!" Even as she was wounded, possibly dying, this queen, was still giving orders still directing her people.

She looked at the man who caught her. It was a very stern look. "And don't you dare spend another second doting over me, defend the Caravan! help my people, only after that will we lick our wounds. For Fare, for EXZALIA!"

the sound of their injured queen shouting with deviance rallied her startled troops, and they began fighting with a fury only a woman like Magnolia could inspire!

22. Love to Write

"Rayla, I so wanna see that spell again...just not on me!"

Rayla cast healing waters on Lyra. What ever was causing her pain would be healed soon. "Well it's just merc. A blast of water, that's all. It doesn't do any damage, unless of course you go flying into a wall." She added sheepishly. "Um, I'm playing a game of tag with Carson and Marine. Wanna join?"

23. JessWrite

Lyra

"Um, I'm playing a game of tag with Carson and Marine. Wanna join?"

Lyra got up on her feet easier after Rayla healed her. Her mom had the gift of Merc too but she'd never seen her use it like Rayla just did.

At the mention of tag, Lyra was back to her usual self. "Oooh, tag! Yay!" she clapped her hands. "So we're playing it eather-style?" Her eyes glistened with the thought.

Pheonix likes this.
  24. Love to Write

"So we're playing it eather-style?" Her eyes glistened with the thought.

"On Carson yes...on Marine no. She's on our side. C'mon." With that Rayla took down the hall, her father's sword bouncing on her back.

25. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"And don't you dare spend another second doting over me, defend the Caravan! help my people, only after that will we lick our wounds. For Fare, for EXZALIA!"
    "You misunderstand, your majesty. I am not doting over you. My breeding tells me to ensure your safety first. That is the primary objective." Despite his determination, Archibald also somewhat conceded. As another deadly shot rang through the woods, Archibald singled out the origin of the shots and began walking towards it, cutting down the assailants as he went. He may not be an elf, but he was certainly trained to be as good as one- better, even.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.