Tales of Exzalia well of darkness discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Exzalia, Sep 3, 2012.

1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Haha, that's great Asune, very creepy.

And LTW whoa...that would be interesting. :eek: I believe Zad the dragon lived in Grove too, but in a different time period.

2. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

go ahead and post it :).

@LTW and yes...you will meet Maggy. She plays a part in this story, but whether she is good or evil well....You will just have to see MUHAHAHAHA

3. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Don't suppose I could bring Tina in to even the odds. :) Haha, kidding. I relieze it would disrupt the flow of the story. Still...the possiblities. Hehe.

4. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

"Just to troll her students." wow troll :D

5. Exzalia

All right, great job guys 22 posts in such a short time! this RPG is already going very well. Thanks for all you efforts.

Soon they will be entering Grove...thats where the real adventure begins.

6. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Darn, I'm a bit late :p ah well. I get errors when I PM you Exalia, so I'll post the character sheet here for you to approve:

I don't know how much I'll be able to post due to school.

Name: William

Race: Human

Novice Spell1: Illusion (Althea): Bends light around the caster, changing his appearance. At higher levels, the caster can create illusions separate from his body.

Novice Spell2: Flare (Charon): Fires a flare into the air, which is a universal sign for help/rallying in Exzalia. Can also be used as a weak fire attack with a small AoE and long range.

Novice Spell3: Luminate (Althea): Gives small items a glow, effectively turning ordinary stones, knives, etc. into flashlights. At higher levels, the caster can give larger objects a glow.

Novice Spell4: Flame Burst (Charon): The area around the caster explodes in flames for a brief second, then goes out instantly. Has a diameter of about a meter (half a meter from the caster in all directions).

Adept level spell: Fire Sword (Althea/Charon): The caster creates a sword of solid light in his hands, wreathed in flames.

Artefact If any: The first volume of ContraNoxys, one of the greatest works of nonfiction in Exzalia. The ContraNoxys details Nox magic and how to fight against it, and is split into several volumes. It focuses on a variety of tactics against Nox besides just countermagic, although countermagic makes up the bulk of it due to how magic is ingrained in Exzalia's culture. The author of the book also wrote BeneNoxys and BelliNoxys, which both explain how to use Nox and are of equal size and quality, but due to the discrimination against Nox the ContraNoxys is the most famous of them.

Brief character history: When William was five, his home was raided by bandits that primarily used Nox, who killed his parents and kidnapped William to force him into joining. They frequently disciplined him using Nox magic, and when the bandits were finally apprehended and William was set free, he had gone slightly insane as a side-effect of the constant punishment and Nox magic. He was adopted into Vashal's academy and learned Charon and Althea, which he considers the most anti-Nox magic there is.

Personality traits: Deep hatred for Nox magic, slightly insane, often talks to inanimate objects but knows they can't talk back; he just thinks they're good company.

Other info: Other PCs are free to use any volumes of the ContraNoxys, BeneNoxys (which is the practical uses of Nox), and BelliNoxys (offensive/war uses of Nox magic). Keep in mind the latter two are a bit rarer in Damiruu due to discrimination, although if you're old enough (~150 or higher) the librarian's allowed to rent them to you.

7. Exzalia

:) yep he is approved, and your not too late. There are more students on the wind seer than just the ones we know, your character is just one of them!

Also I know a lot about anti Nox magic (Well it is my world after all) So if you have any questions just ask me.

If any of you have any questions about my world just ask me :)

and about those messge errors, I don't know why its doing it but I'm getting mader than Magnolia about it.

8. JessWrite

Emery is at it again...:D I hope she gets to meet Magnolia.

9. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Dunno if I said this again, but... Emery is a bitch...

@Exzalia: So this is a world you already had used on this place? interesting xD. I guess the players are more experimented than I on this, but that won't left me behind.

Perhaps in the future I could create an RP using the world I've used in other places, it will be interesting to see how do you work there

10. Exzalia

Lol no this is the first Time I have used Exzalia. The reason I say this is because Exzalia is my main project, I have been developing this word for YEARS! It has its own timeline, a beginning and an end, I know the mechanics, places monsters, races.

This is my world man, I know it better than my own country

11. JessWrite

@Asune Yes, yes she is! :p hahaha I apologize for her in advance if she ruins any characters happiness, self-esteem, or life.

12. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Pheonix, you might want to read what i posted right before then edit yours a little. :)

13. Pheonix

Oh, don't worry, she'll get it back... from everyone, constantly! :)

14. Exzalia

Love the character interactions here :)

A few more posts and I'm moving the story along. I want to get some time to develop characters, that's why I'm not rushing the story quiet yet.

15. Exzalia

Love the character interactions here :)

A few more posts and I'm moving the story along. I want to get some time to develop characters, that's why I'm not rushing the story quiet yet.

16. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Posted. I just realized the similarity between the names "Will" and "William." I'll be sure to always use the long version of my character's name :p

17. Pheonix

I noticed that to :) lol and they're probably gonna end up hating each other!

18. JessWrite

I like that they both have the same name! Makes for interesting interactions. We could always call one of you Willy instead!

19. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

So I kinda gotta go, nice to meet all of you guys
    I won't post until tomorrow very late.

Seeya

20. Pheonix

Yeah, i'm gonna turn in to. It gets dark early on pluto! :) Goodnight!

21. JessWrite

Yep, I think I'll save you all some time away from Emery. Gosh, I'm the writer and I wanna slap some sense into her!

Goodnight everybody! :)

22. Exzalia

how fitting, it's time for the students to snooze as well, as they fly beneath the moon light.

Tommorrow what adventure will await them, but for now good night my little students.

Right now this sort of feels like the magic school bus :)

23. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

Sorry for the misposting in the main thread- I first joined this site with the greenthecolour username (my usual one) but forgot the password, seems I remembered it today somehow! If anyone can delete it please go ahead.

24. Exzalia

no prob.

Okay most people won't be on till the after noon, I have major developments planned. so I'll move the story along a little, but nothng too big quiet yet.

Also, wow ths RPG got posts quick! thanks for being awesome every one!

25. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Name: Kithri silverbow

Race: Airmid

Novice Spell1: Lightning steps: makes her faster, it`s a wind spell.

Novice Spell2: Slow and steady: makes her target slower.

Novice Spell3: Right on mark: she uses wind to guide her arrow.

Novice Spell4: Shield of wind: using wind to make a shield.

Adept level spell:Mending light: heals her allies with light.

Artifact If any: she has an enchanted bow, and a lot of arrows at her hip. she also has a knife on her belt.

Brief character history: her parents died when she was young. she learned to hunt with a bow. she later went to school to improve her weaving.

Personality traits: she switch between being joking and serious. it can be a fast and untriggered switch, which often leads to confusion. she sometimes call herself `death from above` in her mind, because of her shooting from the air. she is adventurous and finds it hard to say no to a challenge.

Other info: she doesn`t have any damaging spells, she depends on her bow instead.