Tales of VenShara

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Aug 29, 2013.

1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Sylvia reached out for the pomegranate as it was taken from her grasp. Thirty scales? Thirty and three-hundred was a very large difference, in number and in speech. Even so, she didn't have thirty scales for one pomegranate!

"He's not a slave. He attacked me outside and I'm placing him under arrest. Besides I'm not quite convinced he's all that human," the man replied. "Blessed be the girl who minds her own business."

As he shoved her out of the way, Sylvia gasped. Her face flushed in anger, but quickly she bit her tongue, lest she say anything sinful. No way could she risk losing Bahamut's favor after all that had happened recently.

Instead, she merely followed without saying a word. Forget the pomegranate. Her heart stirred for the accused young man, no matter what he had done. Sylvia thought again of his face of terror; the face of one who could easily be turned to repentance. The situation she knew was not a coincidence, she'd been placed here for a reason, though she knew not why. All she knew was that she must see how she could help, or be forever in regret.

Keeping her eye on the rude man, she weaved her way through the crowd, following silently.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

"I have no interest in fighting a woman."

Kyra lowered its battle stance, then it crossed its arms in deep thought ignoring the people who were leaving the store as they were no problem anymore.

“A woman huh?.... that’s 458 in the count…. Woman is winning as only 433 had called me a boy…” thought while doing calcs with the fingers. Then looked at its left, the pomegranate was left behind there, Kyra took it and put it on its proper place, then the young screamed to the counter…

“Mister Adel!! I knew that charging 300 scales for this would not work, is fairly outrageous…”

The man at the counter replied with a light laugh… “Well you never know when one of these rich people appears hehehehhe”.

Kyra pressed its palm at its forehead while waving it… “It’s useless no?...” said with a tone of disappointment….

“Anyway gotta go pick Leidy at the temple, going back in a while Mister Adel!!” said while leaving.

..........................................................................................

A little time after that…

Kyra was reaching the temple entrance when the figure of a young girl around 10 years old showed.

“Oh!!! Kyra you’re here!!!” said the girl waving her hand.

“Yes, yes I am… and what are you doing here?, I thought you were going to help at the store, Mister Adel sent me for you…” said Kyra while patting the head of the girl.

“… Oh you’re right!!!” exclaimed the girl facepalming.
    “You’re right?... so you forgot about it??” replied Kyra.
    “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, going back to the store right now Kyra…” said Leidy at the same moment that she turned around…

Yet she didn’t move….

“Something’s wrong?” asked Kyra with curiousity…

“Right… it seems there is an important meeting at the temple… they’re gathering strong people for something, so they didn’t let me in…. You should apply Kyra, you’re strong!!!...” said the girl excited

“Yeah, yeah and it doesn’t concern me…” replied Kyra denying the plan of the girl. “Anyway Leidy, go back to the store, I’ll follow you in a while, I recall I had to do something…” said the young, as a response Leidy bowed and head to the store.

Kyra sighed while thinking “Kids... they think all is magic and fun….”

It turned its face to the temple… “So why are they gathering people for anyway?... oh well, it doesn’t hurt to check what’s going on…”

And as thus, Kyra headed to the temple, to the meeting that was being held on that place.

“Come to think about it…. An amnesiac young works for a store and is also in charge of defending it from dangerous clients as it’s apparently a strong person, as thus one of the girl living there suggests to go to a meeting that is coincidentally seeking for strong people…… If the young end joining some weird quest then this would be quite the cliché…”

And then Kyra entered the temple

3. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Whispers snuck through the crowd "Zafara" the word bounced on the tongues of men like wild fire. Soon the whole city section knew.

"At the hub, some morons are going to ask Zafara a favor."

Joe's ears perked, a passing guard was speaking to his companion. "It's true the Sphinx knows everything, but still."

"If it will help Pia, then Gods speed to them." His friend responded. "no, it is folly, even if the sphinx would help them, getting through the hell that is sky line Pyramid would be too much for mortal men."

The rumor spread further, the idea, so insane, so crazy, it had everyone whispering. What if it was the only way.

4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Ishmael walked into the temple dropping Illudes on the ground taking no time to admire the scerneary. "Attention! I bring compensation for allowance on your quest!" He held no knowledge that Sylvia was close behind him.

"Whom are you speaking to?"

"Anyone who will listen of course. Hopefully my shouting will alert someone."

"I brought this unknown creature to you who tried to attack me." He said pointing at Illudes. "I captured him after he viciously cut through my armor."

5. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

"Huh... Zafara eh?" I mumbled, I remember reading about her once, an all knowing, mind reading creature that feasts on mortals. if I remembered correctly the sphinx resides about ten miles north of Pia. "Hm... it might be suicide to go after her alone, I'm intelligent but that doesn't mean that I can defeat a possibly all knowing being." I thought, I looked toward the temple. "I guess I should go join up with that group I guess... hopefully they won't object to someone as young as me joining them." I thought, I began walking toward the temple, clutching the grimoire to my chest nervously, I heard someone shouting about capturing some strange beast, but I merely ignored him and walked inside of the temple quickly.

6. Exzalia

By the end of it very few stood by Jakems side, Hessa counted 20 from the original 50 or so who had shown interest, though she did not show it the refusal of so many to go due to the sphinx unnerved her. She looked at Jakem for reassurance, his was calm and collected, as usual.

"Everyone who has stood with me listen up, we leave as soon as everyone's ready, we have no time to waste, every second another group draws closer to finding the god speaker. Be ready, each one of you has reasons to find the God speaker, I promise that if we stick together we can find the God speaker, we will find the God speaker. If you have any questions please ask my daughter Hessa." Jakem bowed. The group was left to them self's for the last moments of calmness.

"You heard him misfits, get your things, meet us at the gate in two hours." Hessa ordered. She then took a moment to observe all of them.

"So...weird." she mumbled.

7. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

"Zafara! Death will be upon them all, they shall never come back alive!" an overweight man yelled as he ran out of the temple. Sylvia looked behind her shoulder until he disappeared from view. Zafara? She'd heard that name whispered before...but always in secret, lest the elders hear.

Curiosity struck her once more as she ascended the steps and made her way into the elaborate temple; the house of God. Sylvia followed the sound of voices, until one voice in particular broke through.

"I brought this unknown creature to you who tried to attack me!" He said pointing at the man on the floor. "I captured him after he viciously cut through my armor."

Sylvia clenched her hands into fists as she walked up behind him. "Dost thou know why he attacked?" she asked, her voice holding a tender calmness. "One must know the cause before he makes accusations..."

Her voice trailed as she then took notice of all who were in temple, ranging from all races and faces. She heard the priest's bold words, that they were to find the God-Speaker. Afterwards, a woman told them to gather their things and meet at the gate in two hours time.

Sylvia's eyes widened as another fact soon revealed itself. She looked left, then right, then left again. She had walked right into the line. She had been included.

8. mmarage

"Let's see... I think I have everything that I brought with me, but maybe I should stock up on some food and water, maybe some medicine as well..." I mumbled, I walked up to Hessa. "Excuse me ma'am, what do you think that we'll need for our journey?" I asked.

9. Exzalia

Hessa looked at the scrawny boy perplexed. "Food, water, a tent, change of cloths. But for you, you're going to have first feltd the warmth of a woman, before you go throwing your life away. This isn't a field trip."

Harsh words, but not heartless, so scrawny, and young, there was no way he could possible want to join them.

10. Exzalia

Jakem turned to the prisoner and his captive. "Okay as for you two, what in the world are you going on about?"

He seemed slightly annoyed by there commotion.

11. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Excuse me, old man." Szmierc walked directly to the high priest. "I have but one question concerning this quest. Who are you? What is this building? What is a sphinx? What is a Gods Peeker? Where's the giant fish? How do you count? And most importantly, WHERE'S MY FOOD?!"

12. mmarage

"I may not look like much, but my magic can rival most common Ifrit's, what I lack in brawn and athleticism, I make up for with magic and intelligence, I crossed half of the desert to get here, by myself, on foot, I'm competent and won't get in anyone's way." I said looking at the woman with determination, my expression softened. "One last thing, I'm not interested in a woman's touch." I said amused.

13. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Kyra listened to all the information with deep curiosity.

So the party was indeed looking for the “God Speaker”… It had heard that word many time before on these six months, yet the memory of it’s true meaning did not exist within Kyra’s mind.

Curiosity is a dangerous poison and it slowly spread inside of Kyra, the young got close to Hessa and asked..

“…. If we find this God Speaker…. Will I be able to gather my original memory and understand who or what am I?...”

This was a chance Kyra could not let pass easily.

14. Exzalia

Excuse me, old man." Szmierc walked directly to the high priest. "I have but one question concerning this quest. Who are you? What is this building? What is a sphinx? What is a Gods Peeker? Where's the giant fish? How do you count? And most importantly, WHERE'S MY FOOD?!"

"I am Jakem, this!" He pointed to the temple, "Is bahamuts temple, a sphinx is a beast with the intelligance of a God, the God SPEAKER is a man who can talk to God himself, the Giant Fish is God and he resides somewhere in teh sky, I'm the wrong person to ask that and finally." Jakem took a breath.

"There will be food later, before we go, that is if your coming."

"One last thing, I'm not interested in a woman's touch." I said amused.

Hessa gave him the oddest look that ever crossed her face. "So...your like, one of those....you know... girly men?"

Jakem snickered at Hessa's question, then letting out a proper *AHEM!* attempted to restore his former level of maturity.

15. Kingtype

Ishmael scowled at hearing Sylvia's voice.

Had she'd followed him? As Jakem approached he felt no interest in this girl trying poke holes in his lie. He decided to consult Samael.

"Well?" He asked in an expecting tone.

"I'll speak with the girl. You may see what the priest says." His voice slowly fading from Ishmael's mind.

The lancer turned towards Jakem and took measure of him. An older man....likely more powerful but didn't seem the violent type. "This thing." He said pointing at Illudes. "Attacked me. It was then I realized it wasn't truly human. So I figured that capturing a hostile new creature should allow me to join your group." Ishmael said with a bow

The plan seemed well in Ishmael's mind. Time to see if the he alone could fool the priest. Without Samael's help.

"Hello." Samael's voice inhuman voice said as it burrowed into the girl's head. "I must ask you cease intervening." It said politely.

Samael had already calculated the various ways this plan could go array. But as it was Ishmael calling the shots at the moment.

He found no use in arguing......but he could at least speak to a believer.....that was always humorous.

16. mmarage

"...Do I look feminine at all?" I asked crossing my arms, the amused expression gone from my face. "Also please wipe that foolish expression off of your face, it looks ridiculous. Also a person's sexual preference doesn't really matter to anyone besides that person and their companion in the end, does it not?" I asked, not giving a straight answer to her, in the event that it might just cause problems for me in the end with others on in the expedition, if it got out that I liked someone of the same sex then it would probably cause everyone to try to avoid me as much as possible, or even try to attack me.

17. Cadavar

Cadavar Active Member

So apparently they weren’t going to be the only ones looking for the god botherer. She’d stick with them – for now, but anyone who got in her way would be sorry.

The woman spoke next and Ketka smirked. Weird? For now she was probably the closest thing to normal looking here, although if need be that could change.

“Yes boss lady sir,” Ketka said.

The woman spoke with a man and he finally declared that he didn’t need a woman’s touch, Ketka raised an eyebrow and smirked, the joke was there but without alcohol it felt like too much effort.

Ketka strode over to an unoccupied pew and sat down opening her pack and unwrapping pieces of bread and cheese.

“Pfft n fun at all,” Ketka muttered shaking her head at the man’s reply and nibbling at the bread.

“You guys are a riot you should sell tickets for this show.”

18. Exzalia

Hessa began to blush a little, "My apologies," she said awkwardly. "It is...a strange idea to me, but what ever, all that matters to me is that I won't have to be digging you grave five steps outside the city."

Jakem looked at the man wit a critical eye. "So you capture a helpless creature and you think that will be enough for us to take you in? capture a dragon and then I'll be impressed." He scoffed. "What is it anyway?"

19. Kingtype

"Helpless?" Ishmael asked motioning head towards his shin guard which had various claw marks through it. "It was anything but helpless. He sheered through pure steel. Would of taken my head had I not brought him down and brought him here. Not to sure what sort of creature it is. Besides if not the fact I captured this dangerous creature."

He'd made sure to drag out the danger part of the sentence. "Then the fact that I found a new species should be enough should it not?" He asked with a wolfish smile.

20. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Alavina sat quietly on the ground, watching everyone talking to one another. These people were going to be her new companions and even though everyone was strange in their own way, from the idiot ferral to the strange speaking nun, Aly felt like she fit in least of all. A four-foot fairy with wings and tattoos on her face and arm...they must have thought she was a joke. She'd barely managed to survive a 30 second fight. What use would she be to these people?
    It doesn't matter if I'm any use or not...all that matters is that I get the reward and save my family. Speaking of my family...

Alavina pulled out a pad of paper and a piece of lead. "Hello mother. Hope you are doing well. Things are great here at Aunt Mia's."
    Aly looked up. Can't believe I'm lying to her like this. But it's better than her dying of worry while I'm gone. She looked back down and continued writing.

JessWrite likes this.
  21. Exzalia

"Then the fact that I found a new species should be enough should it not?"

"Um...no I care more about how far you can go with out dying, you could capture a million different animals and new animals, it doesn't mean you'll live through a sword fight."

Jakem looked at the creature again, his eye's narrowed. "Also it doesn't look dangerous at all, actually I think it may be on the verge of pissing it's self."

22. Kingtype

"Because it came face to face with my Dark Poker." Ishmael stated in reply. "It made it cry out in fear." He said pumping his fist into the air.

"Not to mention. If I can take down a an alien creature that can cut armor up then I think my skill speaks for itself eh?"

23. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Alien creature?" How Szmierc appeared in excessively close proximity to things all over the room was a mystery, and this was no exception. In an instant, he was looming over the Dark Pokinator and pokinating the hostage. "It's squishyyyyyy. Are all alien creatures squishy?"

24. Exzalia

"We shall see, I am not the one to turn down a free sword." Jakem nodded at him, your name?

25. Exzalia

“…. If we find this God Speaker…. Will I be able to gather my original memory and understand who or what am I?...”

Hesse overheard the question, eager to move on from her awkward conversation she answered the person. "The God speaker can speak to God him self, God knows all, I'm certain anything you want to know he will tell you. But, why don't you know in the first place?"