Tavern's General Life Issues Corner.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Apr 30, 2008.

1. AltonReed

AltonReed Active Member

Thanks for your support guys.

Things have settled down a bit now and people at my school are looking at getting the support for the people who need it generally than doing something silly like, I dunno, cancelling school for a day. Though he always wore a Red Tie and there was talk about letting people wear one for a day which would be nice.

You hear about it a lot, but this is the first time it's ever been someone I know.

2. AltonReed

AltonReed Active Member

Jesus, I haven't been so good lately.

It's all in my head, I know that and I do it to myself. I've just spent an hour talking to a friend and I feel like I'm on the edge of just sitting down and crying, you know? I've just realised how little has changed this year and I just feel so empty.

I'm sixteen years old so I'm hoping someone can just tell me it's normal, everyone goes through it, just so I don't feel so weird. I see people who are happy, they're not clever, they don't do work in school but they always seem happy, and I'm weeks away from doing my GCSES and terrified of getting a C in anything.

My girlfriend dumped me nearly a year ago and despite a brief (less than a week.) relationship, I'm still hoarding resentment for her and the guy she left me for. I want to forgive her, but can I when she doesn't seem at all sorry that she screwed me over for a whole month before I had to start the conversation where she broke up with me over text?

What do I do guys? :confused:

matwoolf likes this.
  3. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Sit down, take a deep breath. Things will get better. I remember being 16, (i'm 21 now, so it wasn't all that long ago) and I remember it sucking... Things will get better. It's normal to freak out sometimes.

As for still holding a grudge against that girl... i that's the kind of person she is, you're probably better off that you didn't get tangled up with her anyway... You'll find someone else (hopefully more worthy of your attention) and then you'll forget about the other one.

I know what you're going through, I've been there. Just, try not to let it get you down... cuz really, it isn't worth it to be so stressed out and concerned when you're only 16. While everything might feel like its "OMG THE END OF THE WORLD", it really isn't. :p There will be plenty of time to be stressed out and confused later.

Hope you feel better soon, and remember, you aren't the only one who's been through being a teenager.

4. evelon

evelon Active Member

5. rallzo234

rallzo234 New Member

I keep remembering old relationships.

6. Ghost Cat

Ghost Cat Member

life is always full of prob(lame)s.

mine? I'm a raging heroin addict. and I think my probation officer may send me away soon.

someone showed me a children's book once. moral of the story is that things can always be worse. Ironically enough, the title of the book was "could be worse." go figure.

C'est la vie

7. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

@ghost Cat : Get help for your addiction. There are people you can talk to, places you can go to, groups you can join. Don't let drug addiction ruin your life. I would reccomend you either join a help group or go to a drug addiction rehab center.

8. Ghost Cat

Ghost Cat Member

Thanks, Duchess. I finally got sent to an intensive outpatient clinic by probation.

I've been through treatment before, but a very simple idea actually got through to me today! I was always waiting for me to stop liking the drug, and figured that's what it would take to get me off. But in today's group, the counselor made it clear that no addict will ever stop liking the drug...but that you actually need to think about the consequences, and let the thoughts of those take precedence over the liking.

it's laughably simple, but it makes sense! I always assumed people got sober when they got over the infatuation with their substance of choice, but I suppose that which he spoke about is the real reason.

though sometimes I feel I (strangely) get off on deviant behavior, I'm going to try this whole clean & sober thang again.

wish me luck! I'm certainly more productive in terms of writing when I'm off tha sauce.

9. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

You're welcome.
    That's good! I'm glad you're trying again!
    What the counselor said is quite true (with multiple things) and once you have one idea get through to you, the rest will come easier. It will still be very hard, but you CAN do it.

Good luck, mon cherie! I believe in you!

10. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

So I have some health issues and they pretty much confine me to life at home...but not really. It's hard to explain. Well I filed for disability so that I could get the insurance I need to take care of some things I couldn't before, and after two years, I was turned down in my court case and later found out a lot of my medical records were not submitted by my lawyer because he was incompetent and lazy. I am now forced to start all over, but I can't afford to pay my bills and go through it all again. If one system in the U.S. is screwed up, it's the disability system.

So what I'm looking for is a REAL job I can do from home on my computer like fact checking or something of that sort. I'm not fast enough at typing to be a good transcriptionist so that isn't really an option. So any ideas?

11. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

@Lewdog: Have you graduated from college? I have some job websites that would be good for you, but I need to know how much time you have, degrees, skills, etc. Plus, how much money do you need?

12. Lewdog

Well unfortunately I don't have a degree but I have enough credits to have a degree in Sociology, with a minor in Criminology. I have plenty of time, but because I am bi-polar (one of my problems) I have to be able to work my own hours based on what type of cycle I'm in. I take medicine but I still have occurrences. So working a 9-5 job can be difficult because sometimes I might be up 60 hours straight, and by working from home that is 60 hours I can put into work, but in a regular job setting you have to work based on hours of operation. I don't have to make a ton of money, to be honest a couple hundred dollars a week would be great.

13. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

OK! Here is a website for applying for being an online tutor:

http://www.tutor.com/apply/application-process

I hope this is helpful.

14. Lewdog

Yes that would be awesome, but it has been quite some time since I took those subjects so I would be rather rusty. I appreciate the idea and I was very good in all those subjects, except with my college curriculum I didn't have to take Statistics. I might still fill out an application and see if some other subjects open up later. Thanks for the link, if you come across anything else please let me know!

15. PensiveQuill

PensiveQuill Senior Member

Some people are arses and I've got the pleasure of one for the next two days. And instantly I remember now why I was polishing up my resume the other week. It's not the job per se, that part is pretty sweet. I work part-time,get paid a full time wage and the work is easy. The hard part is having to deal with people and their foibles.

The persistent mutinies is what I'm talking about. That tendency for every single person on the planet to be a special little snowflake and decide which particular rules do not apply to them. Then spend all their time and energy subverting said rules. Not that I give a shit out of concern. No. I just care that you are implicating me in your little mutinies. You know what, why don't you do shit that does not involve me having to answer for them? Yeah. How about that.