Tags:
  1. Wariforever14

Wariforever14 New Member

Teaching, pugs, horses, oh my!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wariforever14, Mar 26, 2020.

If that didn't grab your attention, I don't know what will!

Hello :) I'm Cassidy (or Wari). I'm 26 (for a few more days), married to a total wonderful nerd, and have two puggies and a cat. I am a 4th grade teacher who is now quarantined out of her classroom.

I've been writing stories since I learned how to write. I remember sharing my stories with my friends in Jr. High when we should have been paying attention. It doesn't come easily, but I have a huge imagination and ideas keep coming and coming.

Some hobbies: Horseback riding (English and Western), traveling, the UK (is that a hobby? Idk), reading, reading to my students, taking my puppers on a walk, singing, acting.

Some Guy likes this.
  2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Welcome! I'm Iain, one of the mods here. If you haven't had a chance to yet, be sure to check out New Member Quick Start and Forum Rules, and don't be shy about contacting me or one of the other active mods (jannert, big soft moose, and EFMingo) if you have any questions or problems.

You'll need to have two weeks' membership, twenty posts (which include two constructive critiques of others' writing) before you can post in the Workshop for critique of your own work, but until then, feel free to poke around and jump into any one of the numerous discussions that are ongoing here. Those initial requirements will fly by.

I know we have another pug-lover here, I'm sure you'll find each other soon enough. What sort of writing are you interested in doing? Takes all kinds, and we've got all of them here, from Romance to Horror to Children's to...well, yeah.

And remember, even though it takes two weeks to get into the Workshop, you can enter any one of our Monthly Writing Contests right away. The entries are anonymized and members are asked to keep it to themselves whether or not they've entered until after the contest is over, but putting a story out there and seeing it garner votes and even maybe win is a heck of a thrill.

And seeing it garner zero votes is kind of a bummer. I've been on both ends of the game, so I know.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

3. Wariforever14

Wariforever14 New Member

Ahh, I gotta find that other pug lover! Funny enough, until I met my husband, I've always been a "big dog" kind of person. Dobermans, German Shepherds, the like.

And then I met my husband, who has never owned a dog, and he was OBSESSED with pugs and they were his dream dog. So when the opportunity arose for a pug puppy, we jumped at the chance. He is a BIG dog in a LITTLE body and so is his little sister!

I'm currently working on a novel based on a roleplay I did a long time ago. It's kind of...historical...fiction...YA? ish? I'm still kind of defining it. Mainly action/historical/slightlyfantasy?

I'm really interested in historical fiction and can absolutely see myself writing more of that as well.

Some Guy likes this.