1. jwilder

jwilder New Member

Live in or been to Portugal?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jwilder, Jan 20, 2009.

I'm pondering our annual vacation for my husband and I, and we want to go somewhere unusual - not the standard vacation spot. I've heard some wonderful things about visiting Portugal. Anyone live there, or been to visit? What are some sites to see and activities we shouldn't miss? We love being outdoors walking or hiking and seeing historic sites, but also love touring cities and tasting good food and wine. Any suggestions?

2. othman

othman New Member

Well, I can't speak for Portugal but I spent two brilliant weeks in the north of Italy, one week was on the shores of Lake Garda which is a little too touristy but some other nearby lakes are great and seclusive...er. And the other was more southern but still in north italy, it was very near Verona and so wasn't too longer drive to Milan and Venice and anyway Verona was still nice.

But the holiday I went on last summer was the best; a week cycling in and around the Austrian 'lake district' near Saltzberg, with mountains and lakes and such beauty. But best of all each night you slept in hotel and then cycled on to the next, it was superb...I just realised I haven't really answered you question...